Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Purple OG #18

From The Breeder:
Reserva Privada Purple OG #18 is a combination the 3 time Cannabis Cup champion The OG #18 and one of our best selling strains Purple Wreck. The Purple OG #18 is the only Purple available in seed form that actually gets you high and keeps you there... With the strength of the OG #18 and the yield of the Purple Wreck. The end result is a grapey and fuely tasting flower that does not stretch as much as the Kushes do. The complex terpine profile leaves you searching for more. The Purple OG #18 flowers in 8 weeks making multiple crops in a year possible. With the strength and yield of Purple OG #18 now there's a purple strain that actually gets you high!
Purple_OG_18.jpg

Sex: Feminized
Type: Indica & Sativa (Mostly Indica)
Flowering: Photoperiod
Genetics: The OG #18 X Purple Wreck

re: Jandre2k3's Maternity Ward Purple OG #18

About the Maternity Ward:

Hydro Style: Drip 3x/day
Nutrients: Blue Planet Nutrients Elite 3-part
pH: 5.6-6.1
Lighting:
3x T5HO on Gas Lantern Routine (12-1)
Substrate: Hydrotone
Medium: gro|dan Rockwool 4" cube
Temps: 73-78 Fahrenheit
Relative Humidity: 40-45%
Hydro drip system is all DIY using a bus tub as basin and 9 Liter Really Useful Box painted black as res. All other parts came from my hydro and various other hardware stores
Air circulation provided by 8" Vortex Fan above, and 4" mini fan at "ground level"
Reservoir changed every two weeks.
Delivery system is cleaned and substrate and medium are flushed when res is changed.
Mylar-covered backboard supplies reflection for the "wall side" of the ward.

CUA_Label_POG18.jpg
IMG_3513.jpg

So this was a gift from a very good friend of mine. I know very little about the strain, but I got it as a surprise. Above is the package it came in.

So as usual, I will use the "Wintering Method" by placing it in water, and into the fridge for 24 hours. I just put it in a few minutes before starting this thread. So 24 hours from now, I will remove it, and place it in wet paper towels, and in the 89*F seed starter unit. When/if it starts a tap root, I will transfer it to a rockwool starter cube, and then place that into a 6" netpot with hydroton.

More later when/if we see results.

woot, front row seat.

:cheesygrinsmiley: :high-five:
Welcome Bassman! as usual this is just a strain info only thread and the rest of the good stuff will be over in the Cardboard Flower Box journals. Thanks for checking out the strain, though, I hope this one goes better than the Purple Cindy (both of them).

Oh! Happy Day!

Ladies and gentlemen! Please allow me to present:

Purple OG #18!

I noticed this morning that she had broken through so I took a picture. Then, I decided that it would be fun to present the first twelve hours in the life of a seedling.

5:45am
IMG_3522.JPG

Noon
IMG_3523.JPG

5:45pm
IMG_35241.JPG

Germination Results

10:00 10-23-2012
: Started Soak in Refrigerator ("Wintering")
10:00 10-24-2012: Moved to Moist Paper Towels
09:30 10-25-2012: Moved to Rooting Medium After Observing Root Had Broken Seed Coat
17:45 10-28-2012: Stood Erect

Total Germination Time: 5 days, 5 hours, 45 minutes.

welcome to this world little baby bud.

HEY!! Thank you for joining! Glad you're here. :welcome: Hey, Corey? When would it be okay to start the VitaBlue, do you think? I used to start SuperThrive at about this time, but after seeing the result of adding this when moving plants, I kinda want to stick to VitaBlue.

VitaBlue is a B-Vitamin Supplement designed to supercharge plant growth. It contains Vitamins B-1, B-2, B-3, B-5, B-6, and B-9 as well as humic acids, fulvic acids, and composted seaweed extract. B vitamins are critical for maintaining many cellular processes. Providing your plants with B vitamins in a readily available solution allows plants to focus more of their energy on root development, vegetative growth, flower development, and production of essential oils. Try VitaBlue today, it's got what plants crave!
Compare the value of VitaBlue with Advanced Nutrients B-52.
Total Nitrogen (N)............................................... .......2.0%
1.0% Nitrate Nitrogen
1.0% Urea Nitrogen
Available Phosphate P2O5)..........................................1.0 %
Soluble Potash (K2O)............................................. .....4.0%
Derived from: Potassium Nitrate, Monopotassium Phosphate, Magnesium Sulfate,
Urea, Composted Seaweed Extract, Phosphoric Acid, Fulvic Acid, Thiamine
Mononitrate (B-1), Riboflavin (B-2), Niacinamide (B-3), Calcium D-Pantothenate (B-5),
Pyroxidine Hydrochloride (B-6), and Folic Acid (B-9).
Also contains non-plant food indredients:
0.30%...............Thiamine Hydrochloride (B-1)
0.80%...............Humic Acid (derived from Leonardite)
Directions for use: Apply to plants at a rate of 1-2 ml per liter of water during seedling,
vegetative growth, and flowering phase. Discontinue use after week 6 of flower.

VitaBlue is formulated for use in hydroponics, soil, and all soil-less growing
mediums. Use VitaBlue to Supercharge plant growth. It’s got what plants crave. Shake well before using.

Back
Top Bottom