My Mossy question

conwayakers

Well, round one went down from a beginner to I will try again. It was a new flat8 on nothing. So waiting for Eds book wasn't our first option. I will be lucky to hold out until next harvest. I got about $5 gram stuff here and can now see how that ended up everywhere. One look at youtube's more humble stars,,

Round two is 30/70% perlite/soil with a host of foods. I run quarter mixes to half strength food/water every weekend. so far its 7PH and poor food on the meter. (help) ( I have soil acidifier 1/2 strength weekly) My smallest is a 5gl bucket, my prize 13gl single. Better hopes are up and running very green under a single 1000W to the ceiling 4X6. We are more than that in tomatoes here. This is only a personal low end medical try. We show maybe 7,000lux at the floor, 25,000 at the dirt. 40,000lux at the top of the tomato cages everything is green. next to an open window.

>>>???<<< I have fresh from ?where? moss growing in my piddle pots. From what I heard when I was four and again at eight (now 47) moss is very hard to grow and very sensitive. It may be due to my turkey baster which goes well with a square tea bottle. We go one piddle pot tea at a time here... And sitting with them the place smells like a fresh creek. So am I right to be proud of my moss? Is this moss cool or not cool? Do you have moss?

Re: My Mossy... question

avoid moss on soil grows it hold water hence it hold considerable nutes, you speak the speak but as yet don't walk the walk, consider working your next grow direct from a grow manual, like jorge cervantas Marijuana Grow Basics:

81g0V1BOKIS.jpg

ps surface moss/mold/fungi are a direct indication of overwatering along with hi humidity not good sign at all

yea right what do I know,, it is not on the soil. I happen to have plastic movie cans for piddle pots. It is in my piddle pots. And it turns out to be frog pond scum not moss.. I know because I am at it everyday with my turkey baster. they get piddle pot tea plus food water. So I am happy my piddle pot tea has scum. Everything is green. And I still assume pond scum is a delicate nature. It smells like a creek in here, I love it. I already have the rocket science books by Ed Rosenthal.

I have a couple notes on thought. does the huge 20' bushes grown outdoors on you tube stars come from that new plant culture gimmick? Do you just throw in the whole glob? Thats what I thought I would try when I move. The clones I bought are more like cut off branches trying to live than real plants. SEEDS. And also I have noticed due to the tomatoes,, light right at the stem base has them fully green and standing green in a dark corner. Usually anything without enough light dies on tomatoes. I did not have the light when I started and they were dying. Now I got T5 HO aimed right at the base and everybit of the adult plant is green, moist, and great smellin. The tops are up in a corner of the ceiling behind the stove hood and totally green never seeing any light. I want to run more experiments with lighting the main stalks and not the canopy. It does work on tomatoes.

to the curious, I am doing the "nursery" gig soon and look for solutions back to normal operations. Such as using the lights supplemental. Or possibly brighter technology. maybe this stalk lighting will remove the need for brighter lighting. I want sunlight from the ceiling not hanging hoods and moving racks. the air tubes are great for being able to hose down the place still with water. But the glass inhibits the UVB so that is unacceptable. Seems to me in times past the technology stopped off at what works for the special few in the game at the time. Now that it is moving wider we need to upgrade the light issues. Low lights that need moved suck, it completely over complicates a home grow for personal uses. The only relief in site for the small home grow is when it is as common as tomatoes. So it can be in the backyard without being molested. OR better light options, like the whole room from the ceiling. I didn't bother to wonder why god made it so. If plants could grow in the dark this earth would have a different history for sure. And I would not be surprised if we soon discover how to nano electro atom feed them straight without light. scary.

You remind me of myself when I first started growing. I wanted to do everything my own way and find new ways to do things by trying crazy techniques. The only problem was that it took me two years to actually produce a decent weight and quality product, and that was after I started doing things more conventionally. My suggestion would be to do things by the book and then look back on success and, only then, start experimenting with new techniques, if you must.

I am sure you are already right. I critiqued myself already several times and it keeps working out, I had no money or resources. I have struggled with handicap bus access and GR to SEC8 startup the whole fight. Interestingly I have put 1/3 into the nursery. mostly tomatoes. I read Ed's book twice and need another go. While upgrading I only suffered two plight. The P disease I call purvy and the fungus gnats duly named fug bugs. (we got the purvy and the fug bugs) The article on compost tea led to piddle pot tea.. LOL my last batch is worth maybe ten gr. Perlite wiped out the purvy and sand proved to wipe out the fug bugs. Conventional. Ed's book is like rocket science more so because the industry doesn't have the same specs. I am going to self canonize anyway.. net-working welcome. I have both cards in Cali and am only using the one for now. I am a construction professional still doing my homework. 1,000+5 acres for HEMP is a goal.. HEMP to denum next.

thanks bro your queued up in my amazon after reading your reviews. It only took the first one. Hope to see you out there some day, maybe sell you some cars.. LOL

Back
Top Bottom