My mother

MagicNative

I have a set up im putting together.. Right now I have enough equip for a seed starter and / or a small cloning set up soon I am going to double this set up. My question is pertaining to my mother/s. I have found many hydro set ups I like and in sure many would as well but ive only seen certain sizes.. Here's what ive done after the seed starter I have to make the transplant to another size set up. I dont want to keep transitioning from one to the next so I came up with an idea to take a 10" pot. Average soil pot. Ive pulled the spacer for draining out of the bottom and melted 8 holes in it. Im going to put either holes or cut slits throughout the sides for root movement as they reach out and shoot towards the base where the nutrient rich waters at. I then want to take like a 50 gal tote and proceed to set up a bubble system and add a drip to it maybe.. Ideas on that would be great. But my question is since im going to go from a seed starter cube straight into a 10" what would be a good medium to use that wont slip through the holes and or slits.. The wholes I put in the bottom are at least the width of a finger so I dont know if the reg clays would fall out or not. Coco and or peat may just get wet and drop out into the nutrients solution.. Remember I want this to be long term less movement which is why i made the holes their size. To help sustainable root growth without cutting of room for more growth to also reach out. Say u chose this method.. Now what's your best choice on long term medium that wont slowly end up in the base leaving an UN sturdy area for strong rooting. Or clog up pumps..

Back
Top Bottom