My nephew and I are about to start our first grow

Nitrogen changes over the Grow. You need high nitrogen for veg and almost none for bloom. Usually if your feed schedules are good you'll have a tiny bit of N left for the first few weeks of bloom. Too much Nitrogen at bloom will cause smaller sparser buds with more stems. Nitrogen should be at N3 when you transplant your seedling. N4 will give you nitrogen toxicity and your plants will be very dark green and get "the claw" and grow very, very slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Personally I would recommend you try a 8-10 week Grow. 3 weeks veg 7 weeks bloom. You won't get massive yields but you'll have a crop in 10 weeks and get some clones to start a longer grow 3 weeks later.

Hey Jimmy been reading all diff types of threads and journals here what do you think about Doc Bud and his High Brix system experiments. some people seem to be taken by his methods. No hyponics store in my neck of the woods so ordered my earth juice from amazon, also trying to pop some mystery seeds the nephew and mrs. Nuggz got in a bud of some really dank smelling, good tasting and feeling smoke last week so I decided to make an experiment out of it for sexing and growing so I don't end up screwing up some expensive seeds

The guy in the video was 100% accurate. I don't buy non feminized seeds so I rarely come across male seeds. But you can try at home. See what results you get.

Yes, there is a thread somewhere on here that discussed that exact thing a few months back.

I think it's a good idea also to consider yield versus the total length of the grow. The time from seed to harvest is often overlooked when people discuss different growing methods and yields they have gotten.

Doc Bud's High Brix is a great way to get started growing without the hassles of worrying about which deficiency or toxicity you are dealing with. That being said, Doc's kit isn't going to break any records for yield. I see people averaging about 3-4 ounces with the kit over a 3-4 month grow. There are of course exceptions to every rule. A SCROG or Flux grow could trade some time for increased yield.

I'm pulling in 480g-520g consistently with scrog, co2 and COB leds. This is also in part to the genetics I'm choosing.
My record is almost 2 pounds off BC Big Bud from true north.
But that's using KoolBloom for my personal grows. I don't use KB for client patient grows because it's only 5% organic but mostly because the allowable yields for patients prescribed 1g a day is only 225 grams or 5 plants. This allows me to grow much faster and meet that 225 g maximum early.

Yes and yes.
Lol.

You don't need to flush organic ferts but I flush anyway.
I always wash the weed. The grossness that comes off them is nasty. Plus there's e-coli in bat guano. Not something you want to put your lips to.

watered them yesterday and today they look like this, can someone tell me whats wrong?
they are growing in basic garden soil mixed with vermiculite, no added nutes
as you can see the leaves are curled down and they are yellowish.
Natural Organic Garden Soil .04 - .06 - .04 (N-P-K) and Vermiculite
20170108_202758.jpg
20170108_202753.jpg

What garden soil brand.
Pots are way too big for seedlings. You should have used solo cups or seedling pots.

Your plants are stretching. What Kelvin (K) bulbs are those?

Dropping occurs when there's too much water. They'll probably recover in a day.

Too close for cfl. Back them off a bit. But put a thermometer at canopy height first to see how hot it is. Should have went with the Philips LED. Better par...less stretch.

This is my Strawberry Kush 4 days under Philips LEDs. No stretch.

I'll do a thermometer test photo for you and post in a few minutes.

420-magazine-mobile480325753.jpg

You're using 184 watts for seedlings. If you used 1 led bulb per seedling you would be using 36 watts with 70% less heat and the light would be directly on the plant. Plus the PAR (photosynthetically active radiation) is far superior with the $3 Philips bulbs.

This is my seedling now. 30% increase in size in 24 hours. 78°F at the canopy.
I germinated this seed 10 days ago.
Just sayin'. LED will get you better results way faster, way cheaper.
420-magazine-mobile1671004509.jpg

9800 LUX.
7000 Lux is the minimum recommendation.
420-magazine-mobile979019955.jpg

Back
Top Bottom