Arctic Bowl's 1st Ever Attempt At A Grow Journal

Thanks everyone it was a fun time, the Malawi were the 1st Sativa we have run, we’ve run some mixes before but never a landrace Sativa. Got to learn a few things along the way with them and that was pretty cool and see if we could get them to harvest. Lol which was a bit questionable once the fans started drying up early on I was a bit nervous about them making it.

Our QC (aka Dabs) will have some smoke reports to pass along on a few of these strains we just harvested and a cap report from us very soon on one of these strains as well :) as soon as I can get a few testers of them for him, he’s not slacking I am :rofl: so I gotta stop slacking off and get it done......maybe today if it works out eh.

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft:

Quick pic of the Malawi’s trimmed and ready to go into bags for the low n slow
Can’t get the smell pinpointed on these, sort of a pine/fruit aroma.........lol but I suck at this part gonna have to beg Dabs to smoke report on a few of these

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft: MALAWI ......PASS IT ON

Congrats on the harvest. I am the worst at trying to tell what something smells like. Look at this wheel.. Start at the center and work your way outwards.

GL and Keepem Green

Sometimes just seeing the name of a smell and it makes ya say,, yea that's it. GL and Keepem Green

Thanks guys :)
Elvis an Lilly’s should be ready for jars in just a few more days and then about two weeks for Malawi to hit jars. Thanks for the chart Woody!! Should help me out, I can never seem to get the smells down lol. When the room was full there was no way I could figure it out.......smelt like weed :rofl: in the flower room. Thankfully we have great friends that are good at it so eventually (soon) we will have a real report for you on the rest of these strains.

Veg girls are moving right along and we should be ready to up pot at least a few of them here in the next few days and get them set up to move to flower. Hopefully this next round won’t have the super long flower girls. I’ll get a few pics tonight of them.

Blessed Buds our friends and be well :passitleft:

I agree 100% all my fans leaves burnt up from to much nutes, couldn’t figure out how much to feed or how often. Next one I’ll just use a very weak solution and see how that works. Nitrogen seemed to be a no no!

Fan leaves have a shelf life. They don't last the whole VEG/Flower cycle and are continually replaced by smaller and more fans. I know that those original fans will last 50-70 days in flower ... if you look under the skirt when the fans turn yellow, there's a bunch of smaller green fans growing. There's actually a valve (forget the scientific name) on the petiole that stops nutrient uptake and only lets nutrients flow back to the plant. Then when finished the leaf falls off.

Those yellow fans are giving back to the plant all the stored nutrients, new smaller greens going to help flower to the end.

14 week Sativa... I've been running 13 week Landrace Sativas... all the first set of fans are on the floor by 70 days.

Try top dressing with malted barley ground fine - can top dress 1/4 cup every week. This gets things going in the soil big time.

Fan leaves have a shelf life. They don't last the whole VEG/Flower cycle and are continually replaced by smaller and more fans. I know that those original fans will last 50-70 days in flower ... if you look under the skirt when the fans turn yellow, there's a bunch of smaller green fans growing. There's actually a valve (forget the scientific name) on the petiole that stops nutrient uptake and only lets nutrients flow back to the plant. Then when finished the leaf falls off.

Those yellow fans are giving back to the plant all the stored nutrients, new smaller greens going to help flower to the end.

14 week Sativa... I've been running 13 week Landrace Sativas... all the first set of fans are on the floor by 70 days.

Try top dressing with malted barley ground fine - can top dress 1/4 cup every week. This gets things going in the soil big time.

Most of the strains that I have grown that were mostly sativa, dropped leaves until the harvest was just buds on sticks. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom