Dales White Widow Max 1st Ever Grow - Indoor - Check It Out

Sounds great man, can't wait for the pictures! My white widows are around 30 days into flowering i hope they end up as good as yours.

Fantastic grow Dale and what a great account of it this journal has been. Thanx for letting us share your grow!

I eagerly await your updates man, best of luck come the finish, take ur time on them beautiful plants. :)

Looking good! how was that cannabutter?

It was my first encounter w/ cannabis foods ever. You definitely get stoned, but it is distinctly different from smokin' the stuff.

While it wasn't very hard to pull off, it'll definitely be a novelty going forward. If i Ever do it again I think I'll try to make the butter less concentrated to take away the plant taste. One brownie and an hour and a half later you were stoned, almost in couch lock. It was almost too much and the food had a strange, but not bad - not good either taste.

Not sure how well trim works for hash but that'll surely be the next adventure.

It's just something you gotta try at least once.

:peace:

Try oil next time instead of butter... Dale, you have done a great job, the garden is beautiful.. Props to you on your first grow, you are doing a hell of a job... I can't wait to see them finished.. :peace:

Day 60 Update w/ Pics

Alright, tonight I'm not totally loaded on vodka, I should be able to actually post something meaningful :grinjoint:

Where to start? Alright, the first clone that actually took off had to be moved into the flowering room. It's propped up on a 3 Gallon bucket so that it can extend itself the the top of the existing canopy.

The 4 original blooming plants' buds are just swelling. Many of the lower branches can no longer bear the weight and are bending down towards the floor. As you will soon see, the trichromes are covering almost every inch of the plants and are about 50% cloudy. I have yet to spot an amber trich.

The branch pulled off this plant contained buds that were extremely fluffy, albeit it one of the lowest branches - one which many of you experienced gardeners would have likely chopped off long ago. Still not completely dry and sticky as hell. The first hit of a freshly packed pipe tasted sort of planty, but after a hit or so there was a distinct earthy almost piney taste to it with a pleasant sweet finish. There was a lot of coughing going on (doesn't help when everyone is sucking in huge dirty nasty hits) but I suppose it will only get smoother with a proper dry/cure. So this preview has completely exceeded my expectations, the real deal is probably going to be lovely. :grinjoint: We still had a couple nice bowl packs left today, and they were definitely dryer, better tasting and just as potent.

The 3 Plants that entered flowering somewhere about a month ago (I should probably start keeping better track of this, freaking stoners...... ) are looking much better than their predecessors did at the same age. Two of them have every single leave flush green and beautiful. One of them looks as though it may have taken slight PH damage again, but it's not bad at all. About as much damage as the best of the original four.

These plants are going to be bigger, but at least the closet won't be so packed during the second half of their budding phase giving them a little room to breathe.

The clone/veg armoire is jam packed full of little guys. It's incredible that the batch of clones taken and put in rock wool and clone dome are passing the 2 very old clones from our first cloning attempt. All and all, things look good here. The fan leaf clone even grew roots and is still alive! I don't think it's going to turn into anything, but at least it's alive :smokin:

What a great experience this has been. I know you're probably tired of hearing it, but thank you guys who frequent 420mag. The community, advice and veteran (did i mention free?) mentors found here are nothing short of world class.

And now for the pics.

rsz_100_0730.jpg

I love this picture. This bud measures out to almost 13 inches!

rsz_100_0762.jpg

Picture could have turned out much better, but this lovely lady is over 3.5inches in diameter, and it stays that thick almost all the way to the top.

rsz_100_0756.jpg

Random Bud Shot

rsz_100_0726.jpg

Here you can see two of the three plants that have been flowering about one month. I can already tell they will be better than their predecessors.

Here are a bunch of trich shots - How much Longer would you guess they have to go?
rsz_1100_0745v2.jpg

rsz_100_0749.jpg

rsz_100_0747.jpg

rsz_100_0746.jpg

rsz_100_0745.jpg

100_07461.JPG

So what do you think, how much longer do they go? My guess is maybe within the next week.

rsz_100_0738.jpg

A little blurry, but you can see most of the plants

rsz_100_0722.jpg

Back left corner of the bloom room.

A few shots to give you an idea what's up in the veg closet.
rsz_100_0732.jpg

rsz_100_0733.jpg

rsz_1100_0735.jpg

It's kinda funny that these two plants on the far left of the last picture are probably almost 2 months old since being cut from the plants and are finally just now showing signs of turning into real plants.

Well that's about it for now. I'd appreciate any estimates on days left till time to harvest or dry yield.

Take it easy fellas :peace:

I would say more than a week. Maybe 2 or 3. Have you got a microscope on those trichs yet?

Are some of your widows more fat calyxed and less hairy and some smaller calyxed and way more hairs? Looks like that from the pics and I had the same thing with my widows too. For me the fat calyxed is way better smoke.

Looking really good.

Very nice, Dale. A most impressive 1st grow!!

Shouldn't be long now. How excited are you? :grinjoint:

:peace:

Harry

Very. :smokin:

I would say more than a week. Maybe 2 or 3. Have you got a microscope on those trichs yet?

Are some of your widows more fat calyxed and less hairy and some smaller calyxed and way more hairs? Looks like that from the pics and I had the same thing with my widows too. For me the fat calyxed is way better smoke.

Looking really good.

Yeah I bought a microscope that goes 60x-100x. Can't take pictures through it, or at least if I can I don't know how. It's pretty hard to get in focus because it's so sensitive and you have to be super close to the buds.

I feel like you can almost see better in the pictures above, at least more easily. Granted it's just not nearly as magnified.

I think they hairiness seems pretty consistant, but there are definitely three distinct bud shapes/sizes. The lst'd buds are really girthy, especially the cola which pictured above is like close to 4 inches in diameter, but isn't nearly as long as the colas on the other plants.

I'll make a point to snap pictures of what I'd consider the variety of bud shapes.

Day 72 Update

A lot has changed in a week. The bloom room was completely overgrow so an executive decision was made and one of the plants came down.

The trichs are starting to show the first ambers, but the majority are cloudy and some clear.

At first there was a bit of disappointment thinking that there wasn't a camera available for the festivities tonight, but sure enough we found a crappy one. Quality isn't great but at least you can see the results of just one of em coming down. The worst of the original four for that matter.

IMAG0064.jpg

Here is the cola. You can see it easily dwarfs a beer can.

IMAG0055.jpg

Here is the cut pile. We completely clipped and trimmed probably 2/3 of the buds and left the other third on the stems to see how the results vary after drying.

To dry we found 18 gallon tuperware bins at Home Depot for less than $4.

Inside we built a wooden frame and stretched a screen over the top. Loaded it with buds and then made another layer on top of that.

On the top layer the ends are very loose so that you can reach down to turn the buds resting in the bottom layer.

Underneath both layers of screen there is a hole in which we connected left over ducting to a small fan. It's not pushing a lot of CFMs but I am sure it is enough to keep a little air flowing through the box.

There are holes under the handles for air intakes, these actually were already part of the container. Pretty convenient.

Smell isn't a huge concern so we didn't mess around with a carbon filter or anything.

I can tell you that after washing my hands twice since trimming the buds my fingers are still SUPER sticky and they stink. I hope people at work tomorrow don't think I am wearing the latest cologne by Ralph Lauren - 'Super Ganja'. :grinjoint:

Didn't have a chance to throw it on a scale yet but that will happen soon, so will higher quality photos.

And next we've got to solve the best problem in the world - where in the hell are we gonna find enough room to dry the other three plants :ganjamon:

DaleDenton, this is where more fun comes in:
Not sure how well trim works for hash but that'll surely be the next adventure
Bud Trim works real well: I have a std formula and its outcome for making Bubble Hash:
1# Bud shake nets 65-75 grams of killer black gooey hash: Cold water method using a Bubbleator. I get spoiled though smoking it and sometimes forget about the buds.

Great job on those widows. Those colas are tremendous.

Back
Top Bottom