SkooterClowns - White Castle - Second Batch

Re: SkooterClowns - White Castle (Second Batch)

i read a couple of your other journals you clowns got it goin on man great work lookin forward to seein the rest of this one those ladies are monsters

i read a couple of your other journals you clowns got it goin on man great work lookin forward to seein the rest of this one those ladies are monsters

Thanks for the kind words BigSlim. And thanks for checking out our grow :)

Ok...I'll put pics up some time this weekend but I can tell you now we have no frost on the pumpkins yet. None that I have noticed anyway. They are strong and healthy but nothing shining like on yours.

They all float down here,,,,,,(sorry, Flashback from the movie IT,,,,must be your avatar pic,,,,lol)
Love it!! :rofl:

Day 33 of Flowering
Drained and refilled res with Week 6 GH Bloom mix

There's some frost on the pumpkins!
Tent is wall to wall. We are almost half way through flowering. I'm lovin' watching the buds develop. My favorite part of any grow. :)

DSC018161.JPG

DSC01817.JPG

DSC018183.JPG

DSC01819.JPG

They all float down here,,,,,,(sorry, Flashback from the movie IT,,,,must be your avatar pic,,,,lol)

I read that book a long time ago but never saw the movie but I don't remember the reference.

IT was also the last King book I've read or will ever read. I always found that his books always start VERY strong and I get involved in them. Then the stories always die off and drag on. IT was a great example of that to me. I LOVED ~ the first third of it and then I found it difficult to finish (but I had to finish the book...I've never not finished a book I've started). But I went into that book saying to myself if it follows the trend of all his other books it will be the last one I'll read. Sorry for the rant I'm baked! :ciao:

Hey skooter and slapphappy wassssup:cheer:
I just had a good time catching up on all your grows. U guys have been doing the damn thing since i last peek my head in here. You guys are like the CFL WonderTwins :bravo:
I do have a question after reading yours, its about the Diamond Nectar. i know guys follow the standard GH nute guide, i noticed on the supplement side of the chart it says to use the diamond nectar though weeks 1 to 5. This is interesting to me cause it totally gos against everything i was told about the the stuff. i was told the humic acid it has is bad for the vegging stages and to use it only at the final weeks of flowering to add sweetness and more crystals to the buds.
I was wondering if you guys used it in this way on your grows and how u feel about it. I ask because i plan on using it on my next grow.
Thankx again for the awesome grows. you guys rock :headbanger:

Hey skooter and slapphappy wassssup:cheer:
I just had a good time catching up on all your grows. U guys have been doing the damn thing since i last peek my head in here. You guys are like the CFL WonderTwins :bravo:
I do have a question after reading yours, its about the Diamond Nectar. i know guys follow the standard GH nute guide, i noticed on the supplement side of the chart it says to use the diamond nectar though weeks 1 to 5. This is interesting to me cause it totally gos against everything i was told about the the stuff. i was told the humic acid it has is bad for the vegging stages and to use it only at the final weeks of flowering to add sweetness and more crystals to the buds.
I was wondering if you guys used it in this way on your grows and how u feel about it. I ask because i plan on using it on my next grow.
Thankx again for the awesome grows. you guys rock :headbanger:

Wow greenie...we appreciate your interest in our grows and really appreciate the kind words. Thanks.

Well the only supplement we have ever tried is Black Strap (branded molasses from what we know) and GH's Kool Bloom. We don't really know too much about them or any other supplement...sorry.

But I can tell you our experience with the ones we have used. The Black Strap is like molasses....black, thick and sugary...from what we know that is suppose to help plump up the buds etc. We have used it from the beginning of flowering to harvest and I personally will never use it again. The main reason is more because of my mild OCD. It is MESSY and tough to deal with. It severely darkens the mixes and makes a mess of our reservoirs and airstones and everything it comes in contact with. Because I HAVE to clean everything between grows to the point that I've been told by buddies that the tents and equipment look "sterile". It's sad really but that is the main reason I won't use Black Strap/Molasses again. The other reason is that I am not convinced it makes enough of a difference in yield to warrant the extra work and expense. Again...I am only going by our experience and not scientifically at all.

If you are still reading after all that.... :)

As for the Kool Bloom we have it and it doesn't cause a mess so we will continue to use it at least until this bottle is gone. The main problem with Kool Bloom is that, again, I'm not sure it's worth it for us. It's hard to tell if the benefit outweighs the work & expense to use it.

That being said I need to give you more words & history.
Slappy and I tried dirt...ONCE and we sucked at it and hated it. We couldn't stand the idea of "flushing" the dirt in order to make any emergency changes to the nutes and then waiting for it to take effect to see if the plants is ok etc. We also didn't like not being able to see the roots in order to monitor the health of the plants. Anyway...we decided to go hydro because it is stoner/idiot proof in our eyes. The chart says on week one do this...then on week two do this, etc. It's like the old time erector sets and/or paint by numbers or legos, or Lincoln Logs...just follow the instructions. So that's what we did and continue to do (with some tweeking of course but nothing too major).

Also because we have no clue, nor do we want or need to know really, what is in the regular nutes and what they do we have no reason to change anything the chart says to do...If it's not broke don't fix it :)

Bottom line is that we suggest following GHs chart. As long as you are using nutes & supplements from the same manufacturer then it stands to reason they work well together and they probably know best how to use them. Again..we have no reason to doubt them seeing as they have been right all along...so far. It's also the reason we have never switched to any other nute company...GH has done us right and it's one less thing that can or has gone wrong.

HAHAHA...I just looked at this post...my God someone shut me up :grinjoint:

Thankx for the info Skooter. I kindof had the same feeling towards the molasses despite all the benefits i heard, it just looks like an unnecessary mess. Especially since they're so many hydro products on the market that are made to do the same thing. Like diamond nectar :)
On my last couple mini grows i used all different stuff. botanica vegGrow, DynoBloom and even a overpriced Dutchmaster Saturator. That stuff is pretty much all gone now, and this time i want to apply the K.I.S.S method (keep it simple stupid) and try to stick with just 1 product line. GH makes nutes for hardwater, which i need so that my next choice. Pules you guys use it :grinjoint:
As for the diamond nectar i'll do some more research on my own, i'll try to get some hard facts and let you guys know what i found.
The kool bloom i was gonna use anyway because like i said, i plan on switching to GH anyway and people say i have to use it with the other GH products.
Thankx again
kief up the good work:peace:

Day 38 of Flowering
Drained and refilled with Week 7 of GH Bloom mix
This is the final mix that will be continued until ~ 1 week before Harvest

DSC018241.JPG

Back
Top Bottom