Papay & White Castle - Soil - 430W Son Agro

mycelium running :) I'm an expert mycologist and an amateur botanist.. I hope my green thumb is as good one day! Enjoy the smokes and the space travel when time comes. If you thought you needed to be patient with greenery, the one advice i can give with mushies is extreme patience. and don't pick up your jars. The more you handle them during colonization the higher chance of them getting contamination. Just let em be. Good luck!

i would suggest not using BRF and do grains.. its better and colonize to bulk instead of PF Cakes. Cakes in my opinion are harder than bulk and the yield is far less.. Monotub or greenhouse all the way!

i would suggest not using BRF and do grains.. its better and colonize to bulk instead of PF Cakes. Cakes in my opinion are harder than bulk and the yield is far less.. Monotub or greenhouse all the way!

I would love to grow some srooms I just started my first indoor grow journal here can you point me in the right direction to get info on growing srooms :drool:

I would love to grow some srooms I just started my first indoor grow journal here can you point me in the right direction to get info on growing srooms :drool:

look for the shroomery.. everything i learned i started there. read books by stamets also. It's pretty easy just gotta be really clean.

dude are those srooms did you grow them and if so how please tell me how

yeah, check the Shroomery. There is a video series called Let's Grow Mushrooms! I am using the Brown Rice Flour cakes method. Watch these videos and check out the shroomery website. I ordered my spore syringes from Ralphsters spores. I sent them a money order and they came pretty quick. The shroomery has sponsors, like here, that sell all the spores you'll need and all the equipment you need. One thing I like is it doesn't require any electricity. Mine are in the corner of my den.

My issue right now is I don't have a pressure cooker. I was considering trying fractional sterilization. Are you familiar with this? I was planning on using Rye spawn for horse-manure substrate.

My issue right now is I don't have a pressure cooker. I was considering trying fractional sterilization. Are you familiar with this? I was planning on using Rye spawn for horse-manure substrate.

without a PC I wouldn't recommend doing grain.. you'll surely get contams. I'm sure there is some success, but the time, materials, etc involved I wouldn't do it. I bought a cheap walmart $60 one and its worked great. Just make sure you can put at least 6-7 Quart jars in it.

In regards to HPoo make 100% sure you know what you're doing in the second half.. As you're pastuerizing NOT steralizing. The temps needs to be perfect or you'll kill the good microbes. For your first bulk grow I'd suggest using Coco Coir + Verm + Gypsum.. I've had great great success with this. I used a greenhouse and I spawn'd to bulk in 6qt shoebox containers(you can see one in my grow journal i was using as a catch basement for runoff).. they're great as you don't have all your eggs in one basket. But they won't work without a GH as you need a Humidifier, etc..

Try a Dub Tub or a Mono Tub for your first bulk spawn if you go that route. I also wouldn't recommend ralphster spores anymore.. He use to be very reliable but over the past couple of years he's pulled some really shady shit. Not sure what happened, but maybe times have changed. In the past I used sporeworks, but went through a period where about 10 syringes of the same sub-species(no strains in mycology) were bunk.. I switched to using a company called Earth's Tounge.. their syringes are absolutely fantastic and they're also 20ml(double the size of ralphster).. they're a bit more expensive, but I like the big syringes as the larger gauge needle is easier to suck up Liquid Cultures and more advanced techniques you'll get into because its just alot of fun! Happy growing!

They also use a special technique called blackout syringes where the syringe is literally BLACK as night which reduces contamination.

P.S. once you've mastered the art of cubensis in bulk subs try growing some eddibles too. Mushroom cultivation is one of the coolest things i've ever learned to do. I now am able to grow in the spring 40-50 lbs of mushrooms every year which we dry out and reconstitute into meals we cook here at home. We also because of this learned to forage for local choice mushrooms like Chanterelles, Hen of the Wood, Chicken of the Wood, Oysters, Lion's Mane, etc.. Careful you're venturing down a rabbit hole! hahaha

your jars look fantastic though.. very rizomorphic mycelium.. you should have good success!

your jars look fantastic though.. very rizomorphic mycelium.. you should have good success!

Cool thanks for the reply. I definitely want to try edibles soon. I love oyster mushrooms.

So far Ralphsters has been fine. I have new colonies on a new set of jars. Both syringes were good.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom