Dales White Widow Max 1st Ever Grow - Indoor - Check It Out

how old are the clones? when you first take them leave only one or two top sets of leaves and then trim the tips of those leaves off to about 50%. This will give less area for water to evaporate from the plant as well as reduce the need for nutes until after they root. It really helps, might want to try it next time. Looking good though :grinjoint:
00244.JPG
00134.JPG

hope you dont mind the unsolicited advice, :)

It's totally appreciated, looks like a great idea - I will definitely give that a shot.

I think the clones are about 2 weeks old. I can't remember how long it took seedlings to get this big. Oh well, at least i can expect them all to be females assuming they survive. I'll be practicing cloning a bit more during the next batch, because the 3rd batch is going to be entirely off of clones. can't afford to make any mistakes.

Day 21 Flowering Update

In the flower room we gave them a dose of low 7 PH water, without any nutes today. The run off varied on each plant from about 6 to 6.5 with one of the plants actually showing closer to 7 PH. They are all really thirsty these days, drying out the soil in about 2 days now.

The 1000w HPS was moved up about 3 inches and We turned around the tall LST'd plant so that the main cola was directly under the light. The rest of the branches on that plant have almost caught up so they should get plent of light on the backside of that plant.

We also trimmed off most of the dead leaves near the bottom of the plant we think were caused by the nute lockout. Not only do the plants look a lot better, but it will be much easier to tell if the nute lockout is persisting.

The bud development has really been incredible this week. Things are really shaping up nicely. The trichromes are becoming easily recognizable with the naked eye, but with a magnifying glass or macromode on the camera you can really see them.

In the veg room things are shaping up. New growth on the top of the clones and the rest of teh plants looks healthy. Only having to water the plants about once a week in here.

Now for the pics;

Flower Room

rsz_100_0528.jpg

Here a shot of the entire room.

rsz_100_0501.jpg

All I have to say is wow. :yummy:

rsz_100_0511.jpg

This plant is just filling in with buds.

rsz_100_0510.jpg

A shot of another one of the plants.

100_05211.JPG

Bad lighting but still a good clear shot of some of the bud development inside the lower parts of the branches.

rsz_100_0519.jpg

Another look at one of the smaller buds hidden inside the thick canopy of the plant.

Veg Room

rsz_100_0514.jpg

These vegging plants seem to be doing just fine. The height is so much more manageable under these CFL's opposed to the 1000w MH we started using.

rsz_100_0513.jpg

The clones are slow to take off, but they are showing new growth so I think that's a good sign.

I'd really like to thank everyone for helping identify the PH issue, there is an obvious turn around in the plants and when I finally get to smoke these monsters I will certainly toast to each and everyone of you!

I may not post any more pics until after Christmas, but I'll put in any necessary updates before that.

I want to wish everyone and their families a safe and happy holiday!

Day 25 Flowering Update

So yesterday a batch of 6.5 PH solution comprised of Pro Bloom Soil Formula, Big Bud, Sweet and a weak dose of beneficial bacteria and the super sea tea was fed to the plants. It was a spur of the moment feeding so we didn't measure the run off. Hopefully it doesn't bring back the nute lockout. We'll be watering tomorrow night with just PH balanced water tomorrow so we'll make sure to measure the run off.

Overall the plants look really healthy. The front left plant is showing signs of nitrogen deficiency. So we added a small dose of the Super Sea Tea which has 4.8 nitrogen.

No one was home for the past couple of days and in that time the plants in the veg room grew into the lights and burned themselves a little bit. I don't think it'll be anything major but we did raise the fixture accordingly.

We've decided that it's probably best to take the 3 big plants out of the veg room and throw them into the bloom room probably this weekend. Need to transplant them into bigger pots now, the tallest is over 2ft tall now. We'll probably take about 6 - 8 clones off of these plants after being under the HPS for a few days too and repopulate the veg chamber.

In order to maintain the height we're probably going ot have to put a plank on buckets or something to raise these plants to the level of the other plants that have been flowering for 25 days now. This room is going to be maxed out for sure over the course of the next month, it'll be a jungle.

Tomorrow night after lights on will be a watering of just PH adjusted water, probably with a PH of around 7.

Now for the pics:

Bud Room

rsz_1100_0563.jpg

Filling in really fat

rsz_1100_0560.jpg

Resin production is up

rsz_100_0568.jpg

rsz_100_0562.jpg

rsz_100_0559.jpg

rsz_100_0533.jpg

100_05421.JPG

Only another 45-50 days to go!!!! Can't wait!! :ganjamon:

Veg Room
rsz_100_0553.jpg

This plant used to be rootbound and really damaged. Looks like a complete turn around to me. As beautiful green as ever!

rsz_100_0554.jpg

Here are the damaged tips from growing right next to the CFL's. Figures we leave it unattended for a couple days and it hits a growth spurt. Anyway I am sure the plant will be fine.

rsz_100_0552.jpg

Clones are growing a little slow, one even has a bit of yellow on the tip. Still crossing my fingers they will all live.

I plan on getting a clone dome this weekend and moving the 3 tall veg plants into the flower room. And then in a few days clipping maybe 6 - 8 clones of those plants into rock wool or something to try and clone with a more proper method.

What do you recommend I put the clones in so I can keep an eye on root development? If i start clones in rock wool would there be any draw backs from planting them into soil after the roots develop?

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas or whatever it is they celebrate. New Years is right around the corner and I hope you enjoy that too!
:peace:

great first grow man.

The clones may yellow a bit before the roots really dig in and start sustaining the cutting. How old are the clones? After 7-10 days you should be able to give a slight tug and feel resistance. The means roots have begun to work their way into the soil. If the cutting comes straight out then check for white nodes or bumps forming. That is good if they are. Just gently reinsert back into the medium. If it comes right up and the end looks necrotic then its probably not going to make it.

After 2-4 weeks you start to see new growth. :peace:

great first grow man.

The clones may yellow a bit before the roots really dig in and start sustaining the cutting. How old are the clones? After 7-10 days you should be able to give a slight tug and feel resistance. The means roots have begun to work their way into the soil. If the cutting comes straight out then check for white nodes or bumps forming. That is good if they are. Just gently reinsert back into the medium. If it comes right up and the end looks necrotic then its probably not going to make it.

After 2-4 weeks you start to see new growth. :peace:

Thank you for the kind words!

They are 21 days old today.

I'll have to give them a tug tomorrow night and see what happens. I am anxious to see if I use a clone dome and rock wool if I'll see better results sooner than i did on my half-assed first cloning attempt.

Basically these clones were casualties of my first pruning experience. I didn't even put them into the clone gel or soil until after about 30 min of being cut off the plant.

I am honestly surprised 3 of 4 have made it this long.

Thanks for the sound advice - as always!

Day 28 Flowering Update

skatterbrayne, CnstntGrdnr, Be IRIE thanks for the kind words! What a great experience this has been, I think the fruits of all the hard work are truly going to pay off for many gardens to come! :grinjoint:

Yesterday we moved the 3 females from the veg room and threw them into the flowering room. They are much shorter than the plants in there now so we propped them up on top of 5 gallon buckets which will help make the canopies a bit more even. They were just growing way too big so it was time to throw them into flowering.

rsz_100_0577.jpg

Below is what is going on in the Veg Room now that we took the older plants out. Pretty lonely in there now.

rsz_100_0597.jpg

Here is the bloom room now with all the old plants and the 3 new ones in the back. Things are going to get super crowded in here soon, but the 28 day flowering plants will be out of there in a little over a month so hopefully it won't get too bad.

rsz_100_0595.jpg

I also picked up a few new supplies. New growing medium - B'cuzz hyrdomix HP. I asked the guy at the growshop for a soil that didn't have as much nutes in it already, I am thinking this may help out with the PH issues I was having the with the Fox Farms Ocean Forest, not to mention - per volume - this is actually a better value. Especially when you consider we are feeding our own nutes anyway. It also has Gypsum and Dolomite Limestone to help balance the soil PH. I guess I'll soon see if this was a good move or not.

Additionally we picked up a proper clone dome and a bunch of rock wool cubes. I'm thinking we'll wait a week or so to pull clones because we're going to try a SCROG next time and I don't want the plants so tall to start. Hoping 1 to 1.5 ft max before they go into bloom.

rsz_100_0576.jpg

100_0598.JPG

I didn't take a lot of photos of the bloom room because not a whole lot has changed in there since last post except a trichrome explosion.

rsz_100_0581.jpg

rsz_1100_0578.jpg

Also, a few days back I had an opportunity to see John Valby (comedian). He is freaking hilarious!!!!!!!!! If you have the chance, and like tasteless raunchy humor and an audience full of women who will expose themselves for him on stage then you should definitely check him out. He is also a fan of our favorite plant!! :yummy:

ValbyFaceBlurred.jpg

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! Stay safe :peace:

Nice garden man!!

It's great to see such a good soil grow happening. :grinjoint:

Good idea to move those little ones up. I do the same thing. If you're planning a perpetual grow, the plants in the flowering room may range from 12-13" high to 50" high, depending on their stage of development.

Harry

If i start clones in rock wool would there be any draw backs from planting them into soil after the roots develop?
No, I prefer Rock Wool cubes to clone into. 2 weeks later roots developed and into 1-2 gallon soil containers. 45 days later into the flowering arena. I have never had any problems with rock wool cubes going to a soil container or garden bed. I do not let the roots get to strapped in the Rock Wool cubes. As soon as I see roots coming thru they get planted into soil.

Flower Day 35 Update

Thank you Cherma and Harry.

Just completed a fresh water feeding the night of the 3rd. Plants are still pretty moist, the watering was around 3 AM technically on the 4th.

Two of the plants are showing signs of nitrogen deficiency. Not terrible though. At what age should i really notice fan leaves dying and do they turn completely yellow like the leaves on trees during the fall? I do believe these plants still might be suffering from slightly low PH, which I will be extra careful about during the next feeding.

The are really packing on mass now. I can't wait to see just how much bigger they'll get. Advanced Nutrients Overdrive starts next week and we'll also end the Advanced Nutrients big bud at that time.

The trichromes are really exploding all over the plant and buds now. It's starting to look like the stuff you see in magazines I never thought this would be possible.

Tonight we decided to take 20 clones from the three smaller plants that have only been flowering a few day and one little cutting from a lower bud on one of the older plants to see what would happen.

We tried various parts of the plants, some smaller and some bigger in hopes that we get to see how different parts of the plants turn into clones and ultimately have about 10 or more survive.

One of our original attempts at cloning has now turned into a plant, while the other 2 clones look like they are still trying to live but haven't totally taken off.

Also when getting really low to the floor and looking up at the plants, something became painfully obvious that I cannot realize that I've noticed before. This seems far too uniform to be a mere coincidence but I have to ask anyway. Is this diagram how plants are supposed to gradually change towards when progressing in the budding phase? (sorry that I am a lousy artist)

Leavesthatdie.jpg

I noticed that all branches grow in pairs, and sort of form a V from the main stem. The top part of the V eventually turns into a branch with bud sites everywhere, while the lower one becomes a set of big fan leaves.

As the flowering stage progresses, eventually the fan leave falls off leaving only the budding branch. It starts at the bottom of the plant and works it's way up over time. I can't believe it took me this long to notice this trend.

Is this is what is supposed to happen?

Anyway, on with the pics.

rsz_1100_0628.jpg

Here are is the clone dome sitting next to the 3 original clone attempts. You can sort of see in this pic that one has finally turned into a plant.

rsz_100_0614.jpg

Here are the clones that were taken tonight. As you can see we pulled clones from many different parts of the plants, even one from a tiny bud. I think they should all have a chance except maybe the 2 I took from fan leaves.

rsz_100_0656.jpg

Here is a shot from farther down a budding branch. You can really see the trichs everywhere. I bet we'll get some great hash from these trimmings. :yummy:

rsz_100_0644.jpg

Now even the side branches are having buds that are nearly a foot long.

rsz_100_0627.jpg

I am now starting to think the plant we LST'd is going to be the top yielder. Each of the branches, including the top cola would be a really impressive top cola on any plant.

rsz_100_0616.jpg

Getting crowded in here.

rsz_100_0602.jpg

One of the plants removed from the bud room. As you can see it's really filled in with buds everywhere and the top cola ain't so bad itself. :grinjoint:

100_0653.JPG

100_0609.JPG

That's it for now.

I've been waiting for an update from your grow! Lookin' good man - I honestly have no clue about that diagram you drew up concerning the fan leaves dropping during the flowering stage.

Hopefully somebody with more experience can elaborate on that for everybody.

Thanks for the update!

:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom