1st Grow Ever: 3x Liberty Haze, LED & Coco

Your girls look really good!! Keep up the good work :) Even my soil girls get neglected sometimes when life happens. My CoCo one went one day without and I was amazed how fast she dried out. Looking good :bravo:

The training was a lot of work. I found one of the big fan leaves snapped! Not during the training....I think it happened overnight. But that's fine, there are a lot of leaves.

I think you got a bully plant who picks fight's at night. Weird Phenotype. :smokin:

Gauge

Hi guys! 24hs after flipping to flowering.....we went to their room....and found them very different! WTF!
We can definitely tell they started growing different. We didn't know this was that quick.

Here you have pictures from yesterday (after 1 day of entering the flowering stage!)

IMG_20170521_215120.jpg

See the difference? they are going up! "Huston, we have ignition"

Now some pics from the side.
Also I couldn't contain myself and started doing some training again! Because I think some of the nodes are too close. Some of the plants became contortionist.

Enjoy the view.

IMG_20170521_215220.jpg
IMG_20170521_215228.jpg
IMG_20170521_215237.jpg
IMG_20170521_222210.jpg
IMG_20170521_222214.jpg
IMG_20170521_222218.jpg

The babies are sleeping now and I read that there can not be any light pollution during flowering stage or bad things can happen.
We are trying to change their schedule bit by bit so we can go take care of them during the time we come from work.
Can't wait to go have a look later today! I'll update with some more pics.

I've realised that the technique of using hard wire to pin them down will not be very good in this stage as I want them to grow tall. I'll try to pull the colas to sides to the best of my ability.

I think we put too many plants for that space....this is going to get crowded soon.
Wish us luck.
May Gaia be with us.
:Namaste:

Looks great. LST is a never ending battle. You can still tie those suckers down though. Trust me they will keep going up no matter what. If you pull the tallest ones down to the height of the lower it will truck the plant into thinking they are all the main cola. This will distribute the hormones for growth called oxyns equally to all the tops. If you use wire you should try something with a rubber coating as to no stress out the plants or do damage bc they are really gonna stretch.

All four of my plants had different characteristics I just hope they all taste smooth and nice like the one I'm trying and deadly strong too .

Hi guys! We are reporting again! I was away and my girlfriend took good care of our babies. They have just finished their second week of flowering (+2 days). We are officially in day 50 (34 days of veg, 16 days of flowering). They are looking good, they have plenty of space grow vertically. Not so much horizontally.
Today I've removed all the dry leaves on the bottom (2 per plant, top). I've also removed all previous training wire as they were lose or not doing much anymore (steams are steady). One of the training sticks actually cut one of the smaller 'colas'...my girlfriend was not paying attention to that. But I guess for those 3 big plants, one tiny cola less is not a big issue.
I've also made some space and added 2 to 3 big wire sticks to hold the taller colas to the sides.
One of the plants is a little bit behind....It's bushy but not so tall.

Enjoy the pictures and let me know what you think, tips, etc. In theory this plant flowers between 60 to 70 days. So that means that we have like 7 more weeks! ahhhhhhh.
Shit loads of days!

This is the wire I was using, works great! If you are looking for a good training wire get this, flexible and strong at the same time
IMG_20170525_225712.jpg

Pictures from last week
IMG_20170529_225101.jpg

IMG_20170529_225021.jpg

And finally....pictures from today:
IMG_20170605_221234.jpg
IMG_20170605_221253.jpg
IMG_20170605_222436.jpg
IMG_20170605_222448.jpg

Great grow brother, I would recommend some defoliation for better light penetration on your girls, it would help with the internode branching!
Nice work!

She did a good job watching the girls while you were gone. They are looking very nice!

I cut a bit some of the nodes in the bottom 1/3 of the plants. I also removed the ones that were not too tall. Not a lot of pruning. That was yesterday. I've also followed So128's advice and I'm putting the big fan leaves under the flowers.
Watering and taking care of the plants is getting a bit easier now (pruning took me like 30 mins at least). But now watering is easier (mainly because the plant is finally not super flat. I went overboard with the training. But now is paying off.

Humidity seem to be going up for some reason. Maybe as the plant is bigger the ambient holds more humidity. It can get up to 80%. I may have to do something.

My girlfriend bought a pump, so I'm using that to take the runoff water.

Check them out today:

IMG_20170607_212856.jpg
IMG_20170607_212900.jpg
IMG_20170607_212902.jpg
IMG_20170607_212915.jpg

I've also detected this kind of yellow growth....should we be worried? I'll check again tomorrow.
I'm giving very little nutes. The plant looks healthy and I don't want to over do it. I'm watering nutes every other day.
IMG_20170607_213048.jpg

Soon it will be 3 weeks of flowering! (this Saturday).
I've read that they usuallly grow a lot during the first 2 weeks. Does that mean that they will not grow too much taller than this? I don't mind, they have plenty of space. Just curious.

We can see the flowers developing!

I cut a bit some of the nodes in the bottom 1/3 of the plants. I also removed the ones that were not too tall. Not a lot of pruning. That was yesterday. I've also followed So128's advice and I'm putting the big fan leaves under the flowers.
Watering and taking care of the plants is getting a bit easier now (pruning took me like 30 mins at least). But now watering is easier (mainly because the plant is finally not super flat. I went overboard with the training. But now is paying off.

Humidity seem to be going up for some reason. Maybe as the plant is bigger the ambient holds more humidity. It can get up to 80%. I may have to do something.

My girlfriend bought a pump, so I'm using that to take the runoff water.

Check them out today:

IMG_20170607_212856.jpg
IMG_20170607_212900.jpg
IMG_20170607_212902.jpg
IMG_20170607_212915.jpg

I've also detected this kind of yellow growth....should we be worried? I'll check again tomorrow.
I'm giving very little nutes. The plant looks healthy and I don't want to over do it. I'm watering nutes every other day.
IMG_20170607_213048.jpg

Soon it will be 3 weeks of flowering! (this Saturday).
I've read that they usuallly grow a lot during the first 2 weeks. Does that mean that they will not grow too much taller than this? I don't mind, they have plenty of space. Just curious.

We can see the flowers developing!

They look .. Usually I think they stop stretching once you see the bud tops starting to form. Just keep tucking them leaves down. It works. Might be a bit of a pain in the ass to go back every 4 hours or so but it is worth it's weight in bud.

:cheer:
We are 2 days into the 4th week since flipping to flowering. Probably 5 weeks to harvest =D yeeeeeey!
Two of them are growing tall stems. The third one (on the right) was always a bit slower and it's like 5 days behind I would say....maybe even a week! Maybe it will catch up soon? Or will I have to harvest that one a few days later maybe?
I panicked today! I was pulling to the sides the tallest branches of the strongest one (and taller) so as to make the two tallest plants even. And I heard the worst sound you can hear in a growing tent: snap snap snaaaaaaaaap! It was a tall steam. Actually the one closest to the tent's door. hopefully it was just on one side and it does not even need taping.
I learned the hard way that in flowering stage, the stems may seem flexible like in the vegetative stage but they are actually less maleable. I'll try to leave them alone or do the training in the top side of the branches.

Check these beauties!

IMG_20170612_204432.jpg
IMG_20170612_204445.jpg
IMG_20170612_204459.jpg

Tomorrow our girls will enter the 5th week of flowering stage! The closest to the door is way ahead of the other two. The one on the left back is really slow. Probably a week behind, maybe more! What are we going to do during harvesting...I don't know I though we were going to harvest all 3 plants at the same time but I think that one will need more time. It's tallest steams started to grow tall only two days ago. Have look.

Tomorrow we will take them out of the tent to see how they are doing as it's pretty cramped there. I may prune a bit the ones on the back as they have not received a lot of love. It will be very light.

Finally, as the super healthy one is growing like there is no tomorrow, we will probably put the light higher up! It's 17 inches away from the tallest cola. Like 24 inches from the tallest cola from the slow tiny plant on the left back.

Tomorrow will be an interesting day.

I really really really really really want to get to harvest day. And I hope they are amazing. I have nightmares thinking that some mold will ruin them, or we will fuck up something somehow.
We are so close!

Check them out:

Overview (you can see the big one next to the door, then second biggest one on the back and right, and the slow one on the back left)

IMG_20170616_204709.jpg

Side view:

IMG_20170616_204623.jpg

Close up of a flower of the strong tall big one:

IMG_20170616_204658.jpg

Close up of a flower of the second strongest plant

IMG_20170616_204651.jpg

Close up of the neglected tiny slow girl (we love her anyway)

IMG_20170616_204636.jpg

:cheer::Namaste:

Two days ago the 5th week of flowering started. We did some pruning and these are the pictures (this is 48 hs ago!).
Pictures of the current state is in the next post.
We tried not to prune a lot, but we had a super jungle and humidity was going up. Also a lot of nodes were not having light and one of the plants was behind quite a bit.

Check the pruning out:
IMG_20170617_235107.jpg
IMG_20170617_235113.jpg
IMG_20170617_235118.jpg
IMG_20170617_235211.jpg

Today we are in the 2nd day of the 5th week of flowering stage.
I think it will take more than 3 weeks to harvest. And the two plants on the back will take one or two more weeks that the fast one.

The biggest one is fattening it's flowers :).

I'm panicking about mold now. I'll try to do some research on how to check if mold has formed, and what to do if that happens.

IMG_20170619_215035.jpg
IMG_20170619_215242.jpg

Today we are in the 2nd day of the 5th week of flowering stage.
I think it will take more than 3 weeks to harvest. And the two plants on the back will take one or two more weeks that the fast one.

The biggest one is fattening it's flowers :).

I'm panicking about mold now. I'll try to do some research on how to check if mold has formed, and what to do if that happens.

IMG_20170619_215035.jpg
IMG_20170619_215242.jpg

You have a pretty small space grab a little dehumidifier and it won't be a problem. Keep the air moving at all times and keep humidity to 65% or less.

Back
Top Bottom