I still have some time before harvest. Trichomes mostly look clear with some milky. When I spot amber, I will feed one last time and then flush this plant. I will turn the lights off following day. I am feeding this plant with a bit more Nirvana. PPM is still around 550 and I will feed at 600-615 for the following weeks. I will increase the ratio for BioThrive Bloom and BioBud. I will cut down on Nirvana a little bit then.

This plant is in late flowering and shows no signs of deficiencies or nutrient burn. She seems to be perfectly healthy and producing some fine and big buds. I must say that coco coir is the best medium for my growing methods and habits. It is my first time in coco but I can't be more satisfied with the result.

You guys should keep in mind that I already had experience growing with DWC before starting this journal. Going hydroponics is not a hard thing to be succesful at but, it requires more work. You should go for hydroponics if you have the time and energy to adjust pH and PPM very precisely, and preferably two times a day :lot-o-toke:

There are lots of images and posts in this thread so I thought it would be better for all of us if I just summarise this journey so far;

Plants started growing together in a 2x2 grow tent. They had my DIY LED assemblies in veg. period. I trained them with LST and then with SCROG. I switched to Viparspectra R300's on late veg. One of my plants is still in veg. and growing huge. Other one recieved 18 hours of light for one week after moving it into the new tent. After that week, I flipped the lights in this tent. Now, the blooming cheese has one or two weeks left before harvest. I kept flushing my plants from the start but I included bacterias and little amounts of aleo vera in the flush solution in order to keep the micro life in coco living. I always fed them light. They had some little mould and pest issues but I managed to solve that with apple cider vinegar and milk. Everyting is going according to my plan. If I won't see amber and the plant keeps growing like this for 10-15 more days, the dried bud weight can reach between 200-250 grams easily.

Here are some recent shots. Have fun :passitleft:

I am back with some update;

I have done a run off test for blooming cheese because I have been feeding this plant around 600 PPM lately and I consider this heavy feeding for coco. The pH of the runoff was around 6.7 and the PPM was around 100-110 so I assume this plant is feeding itself properly. Taking all the stuff in the nute solution so PPM drops and pH rises. I haven't done this earlier because I had literally no issues with that plant at all :morenutes:

Milky trichomes are increasing so this plant has 10-12 days before turning the lights off. Vegging plant is doing awesome and I will flip the lights on veg. tent after harvesting the blooming Blue Cheese.

Check them out :passitleft:

Veg. tent;

Bloom tent;

Hey :cough:

I am back with some bud photos for you. I believe the trichomes will start turning amber in a few days because almost all of them are cloudy white for a while. I will flush them tomorrow and turn the lights off for 48 hours. I'll harvest them the following day. Bud size is satisfying because this is my small plant. I have higher expectations for the vegging cheese and I will flip that one in a couple of days after stacking all the LED's in that tent. That will be a nice show to watch :drool:

Here we go;

It's the harvest day :roorrip:

I am back with the last trichome shots of the blooming blue cheese. I will upload some more pictures after harvest so keep tuned if you are curious to see the wet weight and some trimmed buds.

Buds had trichomes like these before lights went off;

After turning the lights off, I stacked all the LED's in the veg. tent. I will start flowering in a couple of days. Tent looks bright and the big cheese looks happy. My Cal/Mag is finished so I have to visit the hydro store to get some supplies and be fully ready for flowering. I might change Advanced Nutrients root trio for Plant Success Great White but I will decide according to price tags.

Here is how the big cheese looks;

Harvest pics are here :passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

Yield looks great for 2x2 tent. Trimmed the buds and removed the lights from the tent. Ventilation is on and RH is around %60 but I think that should be acceptable since I have a nice air flow inside the tent. I will reduce humidity if it doesn't lower itself. So far so good. This Blue Cheese will definately taste the way I like. I trimmed buds using a glove and then I cut the fingertips of the glove and mixed that with alcohol. I am expecting some small but very effective hash from that mix.

Check them out;

Greetings folks. I am back with some more pics with proper manicure. Buds taste great and they are getting better each day. Classic Blue Cheese flavour and smell so there is not much to say except this batch has a more sweet aroma and the intensity of the smell and flavour is really impressive. These buds can be considered top shelf easily. Organically grown with few amounts of fertilizers and frequent flushing. Result is satisfying in every way...

Check this baby out;

I will share some hash pics here but you can follow my new perpetual thred from this link;

Lets go perpetual.

Back
Top Bottom