MitchConnor's Organic Auto Grow w/ Advanced LED

re: MitchConnor's Organic Auto Grow w/ Advanced LED & Blue Planet Nutrients

Okay sort of a big update.

The Plans:
-Get a 250w HPS to raise temps and cover my 3x3 grow area in my closet along with the LED. This next weekend.
-Get more auto seeds. I'm going with Purple AK. Not the biggest yields but extremely nice with great color. Hopefully can cross with an Assassin or Fem Snowryder Pollen to stock up with some seeds.
-Rebuild light support/hanger setup to make neater, make room for more shelving and work space.

The Problems
2011-11-13_23-33-17_309.jpg

2011-11-13_23-33-04_105.jpg

You tell me, my guess is root rot or fungus gnats. I've been using neem oil on the surface and leaves. That's about it.
-Temps are on the low side, that's why I went for the HPS, although I will use more leds if summer heat is bad or if I come across some extra cash.

The Plant
2011-11-13_23-31-59_83.jpg

2011-11-13_23-31-14_636.jpg

What are your temps right now, lucky if they are low i have a problem with higher temps, last time i ran my tent it was 85 degrees, my friend was running an ac on his plants at a contant 75 degrees and his plants looked so happy. After much thought and asking some of the folks here i think i am gonna use my t5 for starts and for some veg before switching to leds. Could be Pythium. Check out link, hopefully it works kinda computer stupid.

How do I identify and prevent Root Rot?

Looks like root rot MitchConnor. Maybe the roots need more oxygen? Other than that, looks great!!

:Namaste:

Ah O2, or lack of it may be my problem. Gonna go pick up a pump after work tommorow. It completely slipped my mind on all the shopping runs.

Temps are 71F highest this weekend and 54F lowest.

Mitch, silly question maybe.... Is there any chance you could have mice? I had mice at a warehouse location and they ate the stalks in a circular fashion at the bottom. Just a thought...... If it gets all the way around your plant will most-likely die. I had several that died late in flowering before I found the mice :-(

Maybe it is damage from gnats then. Very strange though. Maybe just in case you should put a sticky mouse strip on top of the soil for a few days and see what's getting to it?

Ah O2, or lack of it may be my problem. Gonna go pick up a pump after work tommorow. It completely slipped my mind on all the shopping runs.

Temps are 71F highest this weekend and 54F lowest.

WOW!!! Thats some cool temps on the lowest, unreal with the 71 tho plants must love that.:bravo:

I got a small heater in my room with the closet to maintain temps. Not sure on the Hps just yet, they sort of sketch me out. I'm going to make some improvements to the closet to make it neater and whatnot.

An AA seed popped today after a week. I realized I stuck them about a full inch down rather than a quarter inch. I just guessed...lol. I feel that's why my germ rates have sucked lately.

I got a small heater in my room with the closet to maintain temps. Not sure on the Hps just yet, they sort of sketch me out. I'm going to make some improvements to the closet to make it neater and whatnot.

An AA seed popped today after a week. I realized I stuck them about a full inch down rather than a quarter inch. I just guessed...lol. I feel that's why my germ rates have sucked lately.

Awesome, unreal it popped, i guess it wanted to provide for you. haha, great looking forward to more pics.:bravo: Yah, ironically i bought a 400w hps light, and honestly donʻt think iʻm ever gonna use it, prob gonna buy another led, using one right now and i am liking the heat from it, i ran T5s and it is actually noticeably cooler than the T5s. :welldone::bravo:

Quick update for everyone.

The gnats are still there but slowly lowering in numbers. I need to get some nice organic pesticides. Probably some liquid ladybug.

I am trying my best to recover from the root rot. I have the temps raised a few degrees which helps dry the soil quicker.

I bubbled my water for 24 hours before feeding. She reacted very good to it and perked up. I fed her the same does of nutes as the last time.

The Auto Assassin sprout was carfully transplnted to a 1 gallon smart pot. Along with two more that will be planted when I wake up. I'm hoping for two females and a male.

Buds are looking nice. Swelling up a bit and getting some red hairs as well as a thin blanket of crystals.

Seed production plan-

In about a month I will cut the majority of the snowryder. I want these genetics into a batch of seeds for variety reasons. I will leave a few lower buds and keep the plant growing to get the bannanas with pollen. This is called rodelization I think. I will then put this female pollen on a lower auto assassin bud to get my feminized cross. Timing should work out well.

With a male auto assassin I will take his pollen and apply it to either the same plant or a different to get regular Auto Assasin seeds.

After I get a good base supply I will start testing for qualities I want. I have a couple of strains in mind that will spice things up too. Possibly get some purple, red, and black into the genes.

I realize there is much more to breeding than this but as it is for personal use and experimenting. I like autos for the fact of how fast I can complete all this and be prepared for the warm weather. I have some schemes for the wilderness 2012 season.

Yeah and since I can't take clones it is the only way to supply more plants besides a ton of seed packages and big bucks.

I'm going to get a few variety packs soon and see what I can come up with in the end. Its about to be a great time.

Buds are getting bigger. The one sprout dried up for some reason but two more just popped so it's fine

Pics up tomorrow night.

You can't clone autoflowering plants because the cutting will be the same age as the mother. You have no control of when the plant starts to flower.

I grow in a single closet and don't really have space for separate grow chambers with different light cycles and whatnot. That's why I went with autoflowering plants.

Quick question.

I watered my seedlings and flowering plant with
~a gallon of oxegenated water
~a half tablespoon of Alaskan Fish Emulsion
~tablespoon of crush dolomite lime

I plan to give this to tge seedlings and get a stronger does to plants about mid flower.

I'm going to try to not use a ph meter or ph products because I heard it kills the bacteria and microorganisms that themselves regulate the ph so your plant can take it up. Since I stopped doing this I have seen a huge improvement.

I really want this grow out if ny bedroom due to the stench of the organics. I figure I will get a tent and put it in the basement.

What does everyone think of these products I have in mind?
3x3 GL Tent
400w Phantom Digital Ballast
Adjust a wing medium
400w Hortilux bulb
6in fan with carbon filter
5 gallon smart pots

I will use this along with my LED and Blue Planet Organics.

I really want this grow out if ny bedroom due to the stench of the organics. I figure I will get a tent and put it in the basement.

What does everyone think of these products I have in mind?
3x3 GL Tent
400w Phantom Digital Ballast
Adjust a wing medium
400w Hortilux bulb
6in fan with carbon filter
5 gallon smart pots

I will use this along with my LED and Blue Planet Organics.

I wouldnʻt know but that sounds and looks pretty good to me.:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom