Olypenn LED White Widow Grow

I would say you have at least another 4 weeks to get some sizable buds Oly. Don't be in a hurry let em grow, keep em green and you will be surprised.

Added a quart of water on the WW and NL yesterday. The WW leaves around the buds are showing small crystals you can see looking closely. Still on the 18/6 light cycle. As soon as the WW finishes, the NL should be ready to change cycles. On the NL I won't do any pruning and will switch the light cycle to 12/12 just to see if there is a noticeable difference on the outcome. I'm still astonished how these little plants produce more bud than some of the huge plants I grew in an outdoor garden. The seed strain might be the big difference. No more outdoor grows for me unless growing for some seed stock. Happy turkey day. Thanks for all the views and comments.
WW-LED-Auto-1-11-28-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-2-11-28-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-3-11-28-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-11-28-13.jpg

Took some of the fan leaves off the NL to allow more light in the center branches. I wasn't going to trim the NL but more light equals more growth. I'm putting together some liquid fertilizer using 1/2 quart worm tea taken from my red wiggler bin, 1/4 slow release dry fertilizer (same stuff I have been using from the start in dry form) and 1/2 quart rain water. Will let it sit for a couple of days in the quart container to dissolve and mix up all the good stuff before using it on the plants. The buds on the WW are filling in.
WW-LED-Auto-1-11-30-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-2-11-30-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-3-11-30-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-4-11-30-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-11-30-13.jpg

The outside temps got down into the teens so I put a small heater in the grow box. It proved to get too hot and toasted a few leaf tips before I removed it. So, in the views there are some leaf tips burned. Otherwise, I put a larger bulb in the ceramic heater and it boosted the temp back to 70 - 80 degree range. Watered the WW with a quart of well water. It dries out a lot faster than the smaller NL. The buds are getting bigger. Looking forward to finishing and giving the NL more room to grow. With the extreme cold, I have to leave the LED's on for more than 18 hrs right now. Since these are auto's it shouldn't make much difference. Ordered my next set of seeds. I'll be growing for seeds the next time around so I don't have to keep buying them. It should be March by then so the temps will allow better control over the light cycles. Any comments or suggestions welcome.
WW-LED-Auto-3-12-06-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-2-12-06-13.jpg
WW-LED-Auto-1-12-06-13.jpg
NL-LED-Auto-12-06-13.jpg

I couldn't get the picture upload to work on the 420 website today so will skip some pics for today. Over the past week the temps here dropped in the low teens at night. The grow box inside temp stayed around 60 so yesterday I did some modifications to the heating system and vents. I had 4 intake and 4 exhaust vents open. I cut the open vents in half to trap some of the heat coming off the LED's. I placed the 100 watt light bulb inside the ceramic dish under a metal tray and then placed the grow pots on top of the metal plate. instead of having it on the side of the pots. The problem with the low temps was the grow pots getting too cold for the roots to do much except stagnate. Over night with the new setup the temp inside the box averaged in the low 80's. The pots warmed up and the plants came out of it. Today I put a quart of water in each pot. The buds continue to swell and outside temps warmed up back in the 30's. All of this will make a difference on how I design the permanent grow box. Anyway, will try to upload some new pics later when the site is working.

looks like they got the photo uploader fixed. Things are looking even better today. Kept the temp above 80 with LED on and above 70 with the LED off. The pots are warm with the underside bulb heater. The clear crystals are starting to get cloudy. Comments or suggestions are always welcome.
IMAG29761.jpg
IMAG2979.jpg
IMAG29822.jpg
IMAG29844.jpg
IMAG29872.jpg
IMAG29882.jpg

The NL is changing in to flower stage. The buds are starting to form. The WW buds are getting bigger. The inside temp of the box is stable and the plants are back in full swing. It looks like the addition of the worm tea had a good effect or at least isn't causing any damage. With the heater under the pots the plants are drying out much quicker and needing more water. I am getting better at telling when to water. I ordered some California Indica seeds for the next grow. Anyone grown California Indica before? They are regular seeds both male and female. I hope to produce some seeds to cut down on the expense of all this. I was watching a video about how to make feminized seeds and and it doesn't look too difficult but will need the regular seed stock to begin with. The brown leaves on the WW in the pics came from the heater being too close before I caught it. There doesn't seem to be any doubt that LED's can grow.
IMAG30042.jpg
IMAG30012.jpg
IMAG29961.jpg
IMAG29981.jpg
IMAG29882.jpg
IMAG30002.jpg

Watered and fertilized both WW and NL. The NL is really spreading its branches out. Mixed again 1/2 quart worm tea with time release fertilizer with 1/2 quart well water. The leaf color on the WW is a deep green and the NL color is a lighter green. The plants both look real healthy. A little fly got into the grow box but didn't see any signs of more. The trichcomes on the WW are still turning cloudy but no amber yet. It looks like at least a couple of more weeks until harvest. I got my permanent grow box and beginning to design the heating, lighting and air flow systems. It is a side-by-side refrig/freezer that someone gave away. There is enough room inside for 2 chambers. One for veggie and the other for flowering. I tried out a hot plate with thermostat for heating the base plate and it looks like it will work well. The freezer fan will get reversed air flow to remove the air from the box rather than pushing around inside. There is already built in a separation between grow chambers so I will need to get another LED. The small 90 watt should work again. Will need to cut some intake vent holes in the bottom sides with sliders for control over how much air is getting pushed around. The 3 fans built into the LED seems to move the air around the plants ok. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome. I am learning a lot here and from the comments. I stopped overwatering a few weeks ago and have seen good results. I can see by the size of my current grow box that one plant needs at least a 2x2x5 foot growing area.
IMAG30273.jpg
IMAG30251.jpg
IMAG30112.jpg

Both WW and NL are doing fantastic. Added a quart of rain water to the WW as it seems to be drying out real fast with the plate heater under it. The NL soil was still damp from the last water. Just about finished up the new grow box. I ended up with a refrig/freezer modified to lights, fan, vents and LED. Just in time for the NL to spread its stems. The NL seems to be getting much larger than the WW. The NL colas are starting to form so the veggie growth should cut back. We shall see. Maybe with more room in the new grow box it will continue to spread out. I watched some of the videos about growing so when the WW is done I will tie down some branches on the NL.
IMAG30411.jpg
IMAG30391.jpg
IMAG30351.jpg
IMAG3033.jpg
IMAG30303.jpg
The trichomes on the WW are turning amber but just starting. Shouldn't be long before the plant is ready to harvest. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

The worm tea seems to be a real success as the color on the plants looks real health. The plants are now on a 16/8 light cycle now that the NL is forming buds and needs to stop the veggie growth. As soon as the WW is harvested I will cut the light cycle back to 12/12.

I finished building the new grow box over the past several days. Working now tweaking the heating, lights, air, moisture. The inside is twice the size of the last one. Will try to get some new pics tomorrow. The WW is getting some amber trichomes but not yet enough to harvest. I guess I should be looking for 50 percent amber along with some cloudy and clear before harvest. Any suggestions welcome. The NL is still branching out so I cut back the light cycle to 12/12 tonight.

Got some pics yesterday. Both WW and NL and doing ok. Added a quart of rain water to each. Got the 12/12 light dark cycle going and stabilized the temps between 70 and 80 degrees. Started putting the mylar reflective sheathing on the inside of the box. Thanks for viewing.
IMAG31471.jpg
IMAG3146.jpg
IMAG31432.jpg
IMAG31411.jpg
IMAG31371.jpg
IMAG3134.jpg
IMAG31322.jpg

Put on the reflective sheathing and began flushing the WW. The NL is budding and probably will enjoy the extra space after the WW is harvested. Maybe another week until harvest. Still tweaking the temps during both light and dark cycles. Got it between 70 and 80 degrees now. Comments or suggestions welcome.
IMAG31671.jpg
IMAG31751.jpg
IMAG31921.jpg
IMAG31941.jpg
IMAG31951.jpg

Started with the harvest of the WW today one bud at a time over the next several weeks. Took the trimmings and made some butter. Will dry the bud for a few days then cure before testing.
IMAG32341.jpg
IMAG32391.jpg
IMAG32361.jpg

Several things going on over the past few days. Last week I noticed some gnats in the grow pot of the NL. I let it go for a few days trying to figure out where they would come from since the grow box is sealed with vents screened. I was working inside my worm compost bin and noticed the same gnats. I guess the larvae from the gnats got through to the worm tea which I was using to fertilize the MM. Now that I figured out where they came from the next thing was to figure out how to get rid of them. First, I stopped using the worm tea. Next, I removed as many gnats as I could find from the grow containers. The WW didn't have any but that doesn't mean the larvae wasn't in the soil. The WW is in the flushing stage so I have continued to flush. The sample I took on the 25th turned out to make some potent canabutter. I used .01 oz with a quarter stick of butter simmered on low for about an hour. It took several hours to kick in but it did. Too much of a head high for what I want so will let the plant mature longer until the thc crystals turn cloudy and amber. I took a weight of the sample the first day and it was .42 oz. Today after drying for several days it was down to .16 oz. It is still spongy so will let it dry some more. Amazing how much moisture is in the buds. My vaporizer is on the way so when it arrives I will take a sample as soon as the bud dries and cures for a few days. The WW seems to be slow to mature. The final thing I did today to get rid of the gnats was to spray chemical insecticide on the soil surface inside the pots. Will keep close watch to see if they return. With all the safeguards in place to keep pests away from the plants and they still found a way inside the grow box. Live and learn I guess. Anyway, I worked out all the heating, lighting and air flow issues with the new grow box. The NL is budding real nice. Have them on a 12/12 light/dark cycle. Any comment or suggestions welcome. I know some people (like myself) really hate chemicals on their plants but rather than wait and see if the gnats take over and kill the plants, I decided to use the insecticide. I would hate to loose these plants at this stage after all the work and expense that has gone into the project.

Back
Top Bottom