Olypenn LED White Widow Grow

The gnats are gone. The chemical insecticide did its thing. Both plants are doing very good. I am flushing the WW every other day and letting the NL go longer periods between waterings. The leaf color on the NL was very dark but over the past few days the lower leaves have a lighter green color. The dark green color was a concern thinking maybe they were getting too much potassium or phosphorus or other mineral. Will give it a few days to see what happens with less water and less frequent fertilizer. After drying and curing the sample taken on the 25th, I had a chance to test it both in cannabutter and vaporizer. A tiny amount in the vaporizer delivered a pleasant result. It was nice to have some pain killer as it had been more than a year. Got more pain relief from the cannabutter. I took another sample bud off the WW and began the drying and curing process. The trim was turned into some cannabutter for later use. The grow box is working well. I removed the hot plate under the plants after reading that the plants need to cool down during the dark cycle. With just the tiny space heater and fan in place the box is a constant 70 degrees now. When the LED's come on the heater shuts down. Working out these bugs is the best part of the project. Hope to have a grow box plan in place real soon for anyone to share if they want. Any comments or suggestions welcome.
IMAG3267.jpg
IMAG32682.jpg
IMAG32691.jpg
IMAG32721.jpg
IMAG32742.jpg

I harvested 6 colas a couple of days ago. The thc was turned cloudy but not yet amber. The first cola cut on the 25th dried and cured for a few days. A few days later another cola cut. There are still a half dozen colas left on the WW plant so will wait until I see some amber before harvesting the rest of the plant. I found another use for the grow box. Putting the colas in a wire tray and at the inside top of the box, it makes a nice way to dry out the cut plants. The final grow box design will include a mesh tray built in the top level. Everything is going alone fine. No more bugs and I am learning more about when to water. More than a week now of flushing the WW. Comments or suggestions welcome.

Cooked up some more cannabutter with the trimmings off the last cutting. Very nice body relax but has a tiring effect lasting about 4 hours. Would be great sleep aid. Still adjusting the temp on the vaporizer. 380 degrees was vaping fine but leaving black ash. I turned it down to 350 and still getting vapor without the burn. Nice effect. The colas on the NL are filling in. The NL is a much taller plant and the colas will be much larger than the WW. The light cycle is still on 12/12. Will post some new pics soon. The WW is about ready to give up the rest of the harvest. Still flushing the WW every couple of days as the grow box evaporates the moisture real fast.

Thanks for the observation. I hadn't noticed the water droplets. They must have gotten wet when sat outside the box while I was examining them up close for any signs of returning gnats. It was raining outside. Could have happened with the humidity in the box but probably not. The air/heat in the box evaporates moisture real fast. It doesn't look like the trichomes on the WW are going to turn amber color. Does this happen some times were the crystals stay clear/cloudy white but not amber?

Your plants are looking good! Try to keep the water droplets off of your leaves, water droplets can magnify the light and burn you leaves.

Harvested the rest of the WW. The top of the grow box worked out to be a great place to dry the buds. Keeps the odor out of the house anyway. Still curing the first cuttings. Have been using the cannabutter and vaporizer over the past week and decided it was time to finish the harvest. The effects of treating pain were there so no reason to continue with the grow of the WW. The NL is doing super and will have larger colas than the WW. We might be 6 - 8 weeks out from harvest of the NL. After harvesting the WW, I took apart the root system to a look-see. They seemed a bit underdeveloped and way too moist, especially at the center of the root ball. No signs of disease or pests. The odor was a fresh garden. My outdoor grows produced root systems with a single thick trunk root going a foot down straight into the ground and then shoots off to the sides. There was no main trunk root on this indoor variety. The outdoor plants were always more than 6 foot so that is probably why such a deep root system. For the plant sizes, the yields were no that impressive. For these small indoor varieties, the yield is more impressive. More bang for the buck. Will post some more pics in a few days. The NL is on a 12/12 light an dark cycle. To test for water now, I am sticking my finger in the soil up to the palm which is a couple of inches deeper. Getting ready for the next grow. This time around it will be for seed production. I got some California Indica strain that are regular seeds. From that I will do some experimentation with feminizing.

The gnats are back but under control. I guess they will be here until the NL is harvested and then I can sterilize everything. Looks like a couple of more weeks to harvest. The trichomes are clear and turning cloudy. It looks like the NL will produce twice the amount as the WW. I wouldn't grow the WW again but would repeat the NL. The NL plant looks like it would be easy to train for more buds. The WW was real short and bushy with huge fan leaves. Will post some more pics soon. The grow box is just about running itself. Lights, heat, fans, timers are all working together pretty well. It took some time to tweak the setup but now it is running on its own without a lot of help.

The buds look good with just a bit of foxtailing, Are you checking the trichomes with a 30x jewelers loupe to look for amber trichomes? You need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. Most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. Harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent.

here is the jewelers loupe I own

https://www.sunflowersupplies.com JEWELERS LOUPE 30X MAGNIFICATION LED LIGHT 21mm LENS

here are others

https://www.google.com 30x jewelers loupe

The NL is taking its time to mature. We are well into 100+ days from planting. The crystals are turning milky but no amber color yet. I stopped with the nutrients and just watering when the root ball feels dry. The gnats disappeared. Still on a 12/12 light/dark cycle. Outside temps are on the rise. It has been a good winter project. Hopefully will get up the greenhouse soon to start another grow. There should be enough medicine to carry through to fall. After sampling the WW in many different ways, the direct burn in a water pipe seems to produce the best results. I don't have enough to make butter but what I did make had a good body effect. The vaporizer smoke has a slight turpentine taste and the effect is both heady and body relax. I am going to wait for the NL to turn amber color before harvesting. Enjoy the pics. Not much going on so the posts are slow.
IMAG34272.jpg
IMAG34242.jpg
IMAG34221.jpg
IMAG34191.jpg
IMAG34181.jpg
IMAG3411.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

you grew some big buds my friend. was that from just the 90 watt led or did you have other lighting? did they see a lot of sunlight?

Can you help me move my 2nd grow journal into the abandoned area. What I got isn't worth sharing. THanks.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I'm moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom