First Grow - Liberty Haze & Cookies & Cream

image19758.jpeg

Plant one - Cookies and cream. Decided to take off one of the smaller buds, how's it looking? Will decide if I should do the rest

Looks tasty!
Making me jealous lol, mine is still a ways off harvest and its my 1st crop so I have big time bud shortages haha.
I'd just take a bud every 2 days for a week or two (up to you how long you let it go on really) and decide from that which you like the most. Then next time around chop it all at that point .

Looks like a nice chunky bud, well done! how long have u been flushing for now? I find that's the key at the end making sure your product will be clean and not harsh to smoke, most of the fan leaves should appear yellowish when you harvest which shows there's no nutes left in the medium as well as the tricome colours. It's all a game of timing, Liberty haze is a long growing strain, I failed my last attempt at Liberty haze because it was so long! You've done a great job .

Looks tasty!
Making me jealous lol, mine is still a ways off harvest and its my 1st crop so I have big time bud shortages haha.
I'd just take a bud every 2 days for a week or two (up to you how long you let it go on really) and decide from that which you like the most. Then next time around chop it all at that point .

I know how you feel. This grow journal is my first crop also. Think I'm going to finishing cutting down the rest of this plant ( cookies) but still have another of the same strain and a Liberty haze which I think needs a bit longer. Buds are so much bigger on that! I guess the important part now is drying and curing!

Looks like a nice chunky bud, well done! how long have u been flushing for now? I find that’s the key at the end making sure your product will be clean and not harsh to smoke, most of the fan leaves should appear yellowish when you harvest which shows there’s no nutes left in the medium as well as the tricome colours. It’s all a game of timing, Liberty haze is a long growing strain, I failed my last attempt at Liberty haze because it was so long! You’ve done a great job .

Was ok, not the best off that plant (cookies and cream) but first that was looking close to harvest. Been flushing 9 Days now. Gave it a good flush the other day, running at least 20l of water through just to get rid of the run off of remaining nutes. Can't wait to sample it to see how good or bad I've done it, I do have a bit of faith I've done it to a good standard.

The issue is the Liberty haze! Lol. I haven't cut anything from that yet.. Still doesn't look ready, no where near as ready as the other I cut although the buds are much bigger and look a lot more dense. I'll try post some pics tomorrow of the Liberty and remaining trimming of the first plant. Since flushing I've got more of and earthy herb smell, is this normal?

Thanks again though

From what I remember Liberty haze is around a 12 week flowering time as it's heavy sativa that's prob why it doesn't look ready compared to your c&c 10-14 days should be sufficient for your flush especially as you have been drilling them with plenty water over that time. I'd either take the early hit on the Liberty as she will still be clean from the flush, just maybe not as potent as it could have been but sometimes it's good to clear the room and start again a fresh. You tend to get the cut grass smell in the first few days of drying, this disappears and it doesn't really smell of much, put it in a jar for a few days and the smell changes.
I've just harvested mine, check out my journal for some pics .

If you can control your environment try to dry @ 24c and 40% RH for first 3 days then switch to 20c and 60% RH to dry slowly over the next 5-7 days or until the stems snap. The key to great smoke it to dry as slow as possible to allow water and chlorophyll to evaporate evenly. Then to Kilner jar it, opening daily for half hour for at least 2 weeks.
Perfection!

Yeah, I thought it may be as the hairs are only just started to really brown on th LH. It's quiet a big plant. I'll upload some pics in a short while. Thinking I'm going to take down the cookies and cream as well shortly! Excited times! My other c&c plant I may possibly leave as it the one that got burnt a little although it's looking a lot better! I'm gonna go over and have a look at how yours came out, I bet they're beaut'!

My drying environment is around 23.5c and around 50% RH.. Maybe I could get humidity Down with a fan or cool breeze? Thanks for the heads up as I have a feeling for me drying and curing is the most advanced part but you've made it sound a whole load easier aha. Can't wait!

Re: First Grow - Liberty Haze & Cookies & Cream

Sounds like you got it under control dude. From what I've been told 50% RH for drying is about perfect. You don't want a fan directly on the buds as it will dry them too fast and they may end up smelling like hay.

Thanks GM! Light went on not so long ago, thinking to pull the plant out once it dries and needs watering or do you think it doesn't matter too much?!

Re: First Grow - Liberty Haze & Cookies & Cream

Thanks GM! Light went on not so long ago, thinking to pull the plant out once it dries and needs watering or do you think it doesn't matter too much?!
Its not going to matter too much if you water it again before you chop it I think. Although most stuff to do with harvest is just personal preference.

image19764.jpeg

Here are some of the trimmed buds from c&c. Still have anothe c&c and Liberty haze to do, might give them a little longer though..

Managed to put a few buds up to dry from the first c&c plant on Sunday - Tuesday ( and it seems fairly dry) I put it the jar to start a see what happens as I know the buds being to dry can be a problem, quiet surprised actually? -any thoughts on this?

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom