First Grow - Liberty Haze & Cookies & Cream

If your doing soil next time look into airpots, they are the best thing for a great root structure and about as cheap as a normal pot, looking better, what's your temps at? Leaves curling upward is usually one sign of heat stress

Right, thanks for the heads up. I do already have some fabric type grow pots already for my next grow but I'll look into it!
I'll agree as the tips got burned on one of them but I lowered the light distance which was stupid of me. Went straight back up when I realised. I'm at 24/25 degrees c. Can get warmer though so I tend to have my tent slightly open for a bit of ventilation as I don't have any proper extraction. Any other input is appreciated

Are you still at the 400w switch? If you have to keep the light higher due to heat I would turn it up to 600w to get a better light penetration, you'll only notice a slight heat rise (in my experiences with digi ballast) but you have a little wiggle room if your only at 24-25c, will help bulk them ladies up

Are you still at the 400w switch? If you have to keep the light higher due to heat I would turn it up to 600w to get a better light penetration, you'll only notice a slight heat rise (in my experiences with digi ballast) but you have a little wiggle room if your only at 24-25c, will help bulk them ladies up

Yeah. Think I'll do that then, it goes up to 660watt.. But maybe keep it at 600watt like you said? -makes sense really. Using 'big bud ' for nute at the moment at normal recommended dose. Think it will be safe to bump the amount up?

Yeah. Think I'll do that then, it goes up to 660watt.. But maybe keep it at 600watt like you said? -makes sense really. Using 'big bud ' for nute at the moment at normal recommended dose. Think it will be safe to bump the amount up?

What are the other nutes your feeding? At what measurements?
I'd step it to 600 first to see how you get on then step it up if alls good and keep an eye on it.

Re: First Grow - Liberty Haze & Cookies & Cream

Sorry for hijacking your post i thought it was mine sorry for confusion on mobile figured he was just asking me till i read his quote

What are the other nutes your feeding? At what measurements?
I'd step it to 600 first to see how you get on then step it up if alls good and keep an eye on it.

Just that at the moment, the big bud says 2ml per 1litre of water. Haven't exceeded that but figured I could? Feel like I'm missing cal mag. I'm due an order this Friday of a few other nutes. I have been a bit slack like I previously said with this grow, learned and learning a lot from it though. Got some time to put in some proper effort now.

If your just using big bud that is where your problems lie, you need a base nute to supply all the other elements, as I use the advanced nutes range I would highly recommend the sensi bloom ph perfect for beginners as you don't have to worry about ph being a problem.
Big bud has no nitrogen, calcium or magnesium among a lot of other elements and is more of a supplement to the base nutes in weeks 2-4 of flowering, "overdrive" replaces big bud when in weeks 5-flush.

Re: First Grow - Liberty Haze & Cookies & Cream

Ya for sure my first grow i mixed advanced with others and i was missing a flower nute so i used big bud and veg advanced connisor which had pk so being new i figured i already have it lets try fail!!!. So long story short always use a base nute for your cycle and dont deviate from the schedule

If your just using big bud that is where your problems lie, you need a base nute to supply all the other elements, as I use the advanced nutes range I would highly recommend the sensi bloom ph perfect for beginners as you don't have to worry about ph being a problem.
Big bud has no nitrogen, calcium or magnesium among a lot of other elements and is more of a supplement to the base nutes in weeks 2-4 of flowering, "overdrive" replaces big bud when in weeks 5-flush.

Thanks, definitely think we've nipped it in the bud before it's got out of hand. Going to get some sensi bloom tomorrow! Would you advise that over the overdrive? Or? I'm still in week 5 of flowering due to be 6. Thanks again!

You use the base nutes all the way through flower, start-flush starting at 2ml as soon as you flip to 12/12 then gradually upping it through the weeks to finish on 4ml per litre.
The big bud is mixed in with the base nutes in weeks 2-4, big bud has everything the plant needs for this time of growth. You then stop using big bud and switch to overdrive with base nutes from weeks 5-7. I flush for 2 weeks after this with just plain tap water. If you do this I almost guarantee you won't have a problem!
The ph perfect range makes it sooo simple!
I use this recipe and a few other things. Have a look at my grow journal

Thanks bud. That was from a week or so ago. Got a lot of yellow leafs since! The 3 I have that are flowering are in Rockwool cubes, which I stacked. Can freely admit I've been abit lazy with this grow due to work commitments. But finally going to give it some real time and effort.

So yeah my current 3 are just in Rockwool although the next three I do will be in soil grow bag type things. Can get pictures.

The Liberty haze and cookies and cream have all been topped, had a lot of slow growth for two at the start, almost thought it was dead but brought it back to life. The Liberty haze on the other hand just grew and grew without any real problems.

All I'm using currently is a 400watt HPS lamp which is dimmable, can turn it upto 660watts and down to 250, which is what I had it on through veg. Got my fan constantly running to try keep a nice cool breeze flowing as I don't have a carbon filter or extractor yet. I have s scrog net which I'll use for the next couple.

Currently feeding them big bud throughout flowering as and when I need to, only when the cubes are completely dry and light. (As I'll be using soil next it might be a bit difficult to tell when to feed) or so I think

Had a look at one of your posts of blue dream and it looks beaut'. Hope mine comes out something close!
Sounds like your doing pretty ok. Have you figured out what the yellowing was from? You should probably get a carbon filter if smell is an issue blue dream is very stinky so might want to keep that in mind. I recently discontinued that strain. But I did love how much color and frost it had and the stank was incredible made my entire apartment reek every time I opened the tent. Lol.

You use the base nutes all the way through flower, start-flush starting at 2ml as soon as you flip to 12/12 then gradually upping it through the weeks to finish on 4ml per litre.
The big bud is mixed in with the base nutes in weeks 2-4, big bud has everything the plant needs for this time of growth. You then stop using big bud and switch to overdrive with base nutes from weeks 5-7. I flush for 2 weeks after this with just plain tap water. If you do this I almost guarantee you won't have a problem!
The ph perfect range makes it sooo simple!
I use this recipe and a few other things. Have a look at my grow journal

Thanks a lot, I have a feeling my grow is going to go a whole lot smoother now! Bought the sensi bloom today along with a 5'' carbon filter and ram extractor! Little did I know they dont come with an IEC male plug, how silly is that? So may have to wait to set that up before I can use it now.

Sounds like your doing pretty ok. Have you figured out what the yellowing was from? You should probably get a carbon filter if smell is an issue blue dream is very stinky so might want to keep that in mind. I recently discontinued that strain. But I did love how much color and frost it had and the stank was incredible made my entire apartment reek every time I opened the tent. Lol.

Tell me about it, my gf was on at me about the smell so I've bought a carbon filter and ram inline extractor fan. It didn't come with an iec male plug though which I'm gutted about. Got to go search for one now! Other than that I think the grow is coming together really nicely now. Will smooth things other and get some more pics up

hey mate how you getting on? did you get your plug sorted and your fan setup?
how are your plants getting on since you started the sensi bloom?

Plant one Liberty haze) can anyone tell me which plant is closest to havest, I'd say Liberty still has a few weeks..

image19729.jpeg
image19728.jpeg
image19727.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom