Dales White Widow Max 1st Ever Grow - Indoor - Check It Out

nice lookin plants how did they turn out i just ordered the same seeds from 420-seeds and some of there skunk X thai im using cfl for veg and flowering im gonna have 4 plants
i have 3 x 105 watt cfls 4100k 5200k and 6500k
i also have 2 42 watt cfls im using also any suggestions on what i should use for nutes i possibly might go all organic and usea mixof potting soil bat guano worm castings perlite
blood meal and bone meal this is also my first grow cant wait : )

i also have 2 42 watt cfls im using also any suggestions on what i should use for nutes i possibly might go all organic and usea mixof potting soil bat guano worm castings perlite
blood meal and bone meal this is also my first grow cant wait : )
That is a good mix in itself. Just adding in some liquids will do just well for you.

Dale nice grow journal. I just read your grow journal from beginning to end (while watching march madness). I learn something new from each grow journal. Questions. 1. Out of the four plants that you grew how many were lst'ed? 2. The other non lst'ed plants did you just let them grow to the limit of the grow room? 3. Did the lst plant smoke and yield better than the other non lst plants. 4. What was your total dry yield of those puppies?

Hey Dale, just a beautiful garden. we are into our 3rd hydro grow right now, but as soon as we get the room, were goin dirt. very inspirational. As far as the rock wool, that works great as long as you dont let the roots get too big into the bottom of thedome base, I made that mistake and it was tough gettin those babys out . Great grow

Sorry for the lack up updates.

Well let me just say things turned out better than could have been expected. Every plant from those beans came out to about 4z's some even close to 5 after drying. All very high quality stuff.

Ordered a new set of beans. Chiesel, Super Lemon Haze and G13 - all fems. All from Dr. Chronic. I would highly recommend the site based on price - hopefully these seeds work out BETTER than the White Widow Max.

I most likely won't post another journal though. Maybe some sweet bud pics of the new strains. The growing method isn't going to change - so i am not sure it'd give that much more insight anyway.

After having a handful of batches under the belt now I can offer some lasting advice to newbies out there.

1.) PH matters - a lot. PH going into the plant, and most importantly the PH of the run off. If you don't want to spring for an expensive digital PH meter, buy the PH paper strips. So much easier than the drops - fuck the PH drops.
2.) Don't over water/feed. Add nutrients to every other batch. Saves $$ on nutes and the plants seem to grow better that way. Don't be scared to let the soil get a little dry. Late in budding they only need to be watered at most 3x, most of the time 2 in one week. In vegging - once a week give or take.
3.)Give the plants moving, fresh air. The batch in this journal had a gentle breeze during veg but the subsequent batches did not. The plants couldn't support the weight of the buds on the branches late into flowering and we had to tie up tons of branches. A small fan will help the branches to get strong.

1 & 2 above are key. 3 is just a simple observation that might make your life easier.

These plants do all the hard work, you just have to help them a little along the way. Check on them daily and give them the attention they ask for and you'll have bud in no time!

It was an awesome grow, Dale, consider adding silica to your nutrient formula, it's directly used by the plant to build the cell wall. Stronger walls, bigger stems. ;)

Thanks for the tips. The plants look exceptional, i just hate seeing dying leaves on them. It actually drives me crazy - thinking I need to do something better.

I always think to this special i watched on the National Geographic Channel of this guy that had the most amazing indoor medical marijuana grow I've ever seen (Canadian). In one of his many HUGE flowering rooms he stops and explains his plants are so great because they lack nothing, and he points out how crisp and beautiful green they are. I think this documentary paints a very unbiased picture of the world view on marijuana, maybe even slightly biased towards pro-legalization. Most of you would enjoy it - but back on topic.

I have always had the opposite feeling about leaves laying on the soil at the base of the plants. I have always thought that they would decompose and act as extra fertilizer if anything. Has this ever given you fungus or is it just an extra precaution you've always taken?

As for your last comment - I totally appreciate all the feedback from everyone so far. I know it's not easy to keep up on every journal, and it probably becomes redundant for the more seasoned growers on here to keep answering the same questions over and over. So thank you all for doing what you do. A lot can be said for this great community of growers and cannabis affectionados - you guys are the shit!

:allgood:

that is a good documentary.. i think it was on msnbc or cnbc when i seen it. they replay it occasionally. the one mark emery is in, right? emery says its the biggest grow op he has ever seen, and said there are millions invested into it. even though the guy could sell some elbows and it would end up paying for itself over time. this is a very large scale indoor grow op. in a huge pole shed type building.

Good deal man. Just don't trust the pH reading on that thing until you measure some control calibration solutions with it. I'd still go with the 20 dollar meter I mentioned above for a real accurate ph meter thats light on the wallet. The Big Bud has no N and it is better to have some N especially when transitioning into flower form veg. So you may want to go half and half veg / bloom nute for the transition until sex is determined. Mago brought this up in another post which makes great sense to me so I'm going to regurgitate it here :). Just don't over nute. :peace:

Hey dude just looking through your journal and noticed you bought a soil tester exactly like the one I bought.
Best place for that is the rubbish bin mate. Do not even bother opening the wrapper; they are so very inaccurate and seeing as it's being used for your prize plants then believe me you are wasting your time and money!

hi i am glen iu am also growing white widow but it being my first time i didn't know that i had to know when it stRTED TO FLOWER NOW I GOT PLANTS THAT I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD HARVEST THEM CAN YOU LET ME KNOW

Back
Top Bottom