My Second Attempt

trigger-420

So I have decided to grow my own medicine. I do not know the strain or anything like that. I had a bud of mine give me a couple seeds. He did not know anything about them either. Anyway, my first attempt was an epic fail. I figured i would just drop the seeds in some soil and water them and they would grow. well, it took 10 days before i even seen the sprout push through the soil. It grew about an inch tall with its first set of leaves and then just up and died.

Before i took on my second attempt, i read up on every bit of information i could find. put together a make shift grow cabinet with proper lighting and a heated floor for germinating seeds. It has all the basic requirements. CFL's, fan, heated floor, insulated an all. The old shop that i keep the cabinet in sits about 40 degrees all day and the cabinet stays at a constant 75-80. This time my little baby is showing more progress in only a week than the other did in 15 days.

I dont even know if the seed was a feminized or not lol. if you could give your biggest piece of advice to me, what would it be and why?

I am also taking seed donations as i am just a poor farm boy working on my disability at this point.

Welcome to 420 Magazine and congrats on taking a dive at another attempt.

What you want to do is start out with strong genetic, not bag seeds, this way you can see if you're doing something wrong by having look at previous grow journals of the very same strain. It does cost some money for quality seeds, I think it is #1 investment before lights, ect...if you can't afford a pack of seeds get single seeds, this way you can try different strains at the same time. There are option between fem seeds and regular, some brand carry only fem/reg.

Sounds like your setup is ready to go. You can still grow out the bag seeds on the side for any experiment you want to do before trying on your high grades.

Once you get the seeds pop them and get it going. Make sure you have nutrients for the plants as they will need them after 1 month.

By the way this site prohibit any trading/selling of anything. Same goes with seed donations lol.

By the way this site prohibit any trading/selling of anything. Same goes with seed donations lol.

Thanks for the heads up Twelve. I definatley do not want to get anyone or myself into trouble on the site. I retract my statement and do not wish to be banned from the site or anything like that.

As far as the seeds go. I was thinking the same thing. I am working on the design for a grow cabinet right now that will allow me to house 6 babies at a time. So I am thinking that Fem seeds will be the way to go as 50% of seeds will be male. The design of my cabinet is really coming along well. I will make another post and share pics of that project.

I appreciate the vote of confidence for my second grow and will definatley keep everyone up to snuff on the progress. thanks again. :thanks:

well, from what i have done so far with my second attempt. I pin pointed a couple problems from my first attempt that killed off my first baby.

1. I did not have enough light. I still do not have enough light for the second attempt. but, I have taken the 60w CLF and lowered it all the way down to my baby. It is sitting about 2-3 inches from my baby. So far, I have seen more growth in 10 days then I seen in 12 with my last attempt. My baby is looking good. The Cotyledon and first set of true leaves are looking bright green and healthy. Ill get pics posted in my journal i will be starting.

2. Root temperature was an issue with my first attempt. The box was usually fluctuating between 65 (lights off) and 85 (lights on). I remedied the situation with my second attempt by placing a heating mat underneath the pot with my baby in it. Running temp now sits at about 79-84 consistently. This is also helping the second attempt tremendously.

3. Finally, watering. With the medicine cabinet running at such a high temp with lights on, the moisture was evaporating way to fast for me to keep track of. Also remedied with my second attempt.

The three things i mentioned were learned from the site and i appreciate all the help everyone has shown thus far. I will post pics in the journal that i will be starting. gotta go read journal guidelines. :peace:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom