My Second Grow: White Widow Autoflower

Hazydayz1

Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and I’m excited to get some feedback and learn more about growing. I am currently in the 7th week of my second grow - a white widow auto flower. She is looking sexy and I will post all the information in moment, but I wanna give a quick rundown from my first grow.

I started my first grow on a happy accident and a roll of the dice. I found a seed in Banana Kush bud I had purchased from the dispensary. It looked like what the forums said was a good seed so I figured “let me see what happens.” Here is how I started..
Smaller flower pot
Miracle grow organic (I know I know lol)
Miracle grow organic veg
And I don’t remember but it was like a 12$ grow light

I soaked the seed in water for 24 hours and put it in the soil. It sprouted in 2 days and I thought “ohh crap here we go”. In a few weeks it was actually growing and it was evident the light was not going to cut it. I ran an bought a 40w led grow bulb, a bigger pot to transplant and a few smaller things. I did notice that it was stretching so when I eventually moved it to a 5 gallon pot I buried it a little deeper. I created a reflective bow out of cardboard and foil and it kept growing. I didn’t know or fully understand topping or training and honestly I was curious to see what happens. Well i ended up purchasing a Mars hydro grow tent 600led lamp(I’ll post the model below) and exhaust along with the fox farm trio.
I was never so excited when I found out it was female.

To kinda wrap up this story, I made a TON of mistakes on my first grow, but holy crap did I learn a lot and I learned I love this as a hobby.
Issues:
Stretching stems
Popcorn buds at the bottom
Nute burn (late in the flower stage)
I didn’t top the plant so it grew super tall, if I showed you a picture of how I had to rid the tent, nuts (I should have bought a taller tent)

Result- the end result was 2 ozs of so pretty decent buds despite all the challenges and slow start. I will post some pictures of the final product

just to keep the post simple, I am going to start the second grow in the next post.

FF7C1F55-D633-43B9-B815-A47D561B7D2B.jpeg

2C04BC80-D0C8-49CD-82AB-2C59E075DD07.jpeg

Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and I’m excited to get some feedback and learn more about growing. I am currently in the 7th week of my second grow - a white widow auto flower. She is looking sexy and I will post all the information in moment, but I wanna give a quick rundown from my first grow.

I started my first grow on a happy accident and a roll of the dice. I found a seed in Banana Kush bud I had purchased from the dispensary. It looked like what the forums said was a good seed so I figured “let me see what happens.” Here is how I started..
Smaller flower pot
Miracle grow organic (I know I know lol)
Miracle grow organic veg
And I don’t remember but it was like a 12$ grow light

I soaked the seed in water for 24 hours and put it in the soil. It sprouted in 2 days and I thought “ohh crap here we go”. In a few weeks it was actually growing and it was evident the light was not going to cut it. I ran an bought a 40w led grow bulb, a bigger pot to transplant and a few smaller things. I did notice that it was stretching so when I eventually moved it to a 5 gallon pot I buried it a little deeper. I created a reflective bow out of cardboard and foil and it kept growing. I didn’t know or fully understand topping or training and honestly I was curious to see what happens. Well i ended up purchasing a Mars hydro grow tent 600led lamp(I’ll post the model below) and exhaust along with the fox farm trio.
I was never so excited when I found out it was female.

To kinda wrap up this story, I made a TON of mistakes on my first grow, but holy crap did I learn a lot and I learned I love this as a hobby.
Issues:
Stretching stems
Nute burn (late in the flower stage)
I didn’t top the plant so it grew super tall, if I showed you a picture of how I had to rid the tent, nuts (I should have bought a taller tent)

Result- the end result was 2 ozs of so pretty decent buds despite all the challenges and slow start. I will post some pictures of the final product

just to keep the post simple, I am going to start the second grow in the next post.

FF7C1F55-D633-43B9-B815-A47D561B7D2B.jpeg

2C04BC80-D0C8-49CD-82AB-2C59E075DD07.jpeg
We have some great sponsors if you need a deal on equipment.
Try @Weed Seeds Express genetics are important, if you are going to spend 3 or 4 months growing you want a great result. Weed seeds will give you that.
Also @GeoFlora Nutrients is fantastic stuff thats so simple to use for new growers. Check them out aswell.
Also there are some budget leds that would really help aswell.
I'll follow along your journal and see how it goes. :thumb:
Happy growing friend.
Bill

Ok so here is my second grow -

I am currently growing a White widow auto flower. I’m not sure of the seed bank or year but potential thc is 26% according to the website my friend showed me (he ordered them)

grow tent - Mars Hydro 2x2x55 tent
Light- Mars hydro TS600w
Exhaust and filter
5 gallon fabric pot
Medium - soil - Nectar of the gods
Currently I am running 20/4 lighting for this plant

let me see how much I can remember from this grow. I am currently in week 7 and I am using LST on this plant.

I soaked the seed for 24 hours and put it in a started pod. It popped within 2 days but I started it in the 5 gallon bucket. It is an auto flower and I read the transplant could shock it too much due to the shortened growing timeline. But I’d love thoughts on this. I was careful not to over water and to water a ring around the plant to make the roots stretch.

she popped and in the first week I used recharge and fox farm big bloom (1/4 of strength, but they state safe for seedlings) and it took off.

at week 3 I was about to start veg and I noticed a slight N deficiency because the soil is neutral. So I hit it with the fox farm veg and it bounced back.
A few days later when it was looking healthy I started LST.

I hooked the stem and slowly began pulling it down. And I adjusted it every few days.

I continued to water as I notice the leaves begin to droop and feed weekly. A fellow grower suggested Epsom salt for plants and I added a little and man it shot right out. I have also been using cal mag this whole time as a soil additive and the occasional foliage spray,

she is looking good, I have five LST post pulling her canopy even and I’m going to continue for a few weeks into flowering.

I last week I started introducing flowering nuts (fox farms) 1/2 strength and lowered the veg to half. This week I am using the full strength flower and no more veg.

I have a CO2 bag in there, I’m not sure if it’s doing anything but the plant does look amazing so maybe it’s a mental thing but I like it, lol.

I have started to defoliate. I am going slowly because it’s an auto flower but it will happen over the next week

I wish I could be more detailed but I wasn’t keep a detail record of my grow and I’m excited to track everything and get some feedback. So here is how she started, and what she looks like today.

5A6CDFCC-3084-42D8-937B-983D4AAD6BC3.jpeg

F61BF03A-88A9-45C2-88DA-1D154BC46957.jpeg

56EC7E47-12CE-4B71-819A-E91EC9B85D99.jpeg

C0D2D753-AD1D-4B49-842A-8BC00DEBE91B.jpeg

A85056A4-2244-4C9F-8EEA-23C5577F8022.jpeg

503126B6-5D64-4609-9753-85C65B1F74D3.jpeg

2C939B88-F2C8-49D9-8FC7-EC379B05050B.jpeg

143FE5E8-B6E7-4275-8FFC-6F2B955367ED.jpeg

Ok so here is my second grow -

I am currently growing a White widow auto flower. I’m not sure of the seed bank or year but potential thc is 26% according to the website my friend showed me (he ordered them)

grow tent - Mars Hydro 2x2x55 tent
Light- Mars hydro TS600w
Exhaust and filter
5 gallon fabric pot
Medium - soil - Nectar of the gods
Currently I am running 20/4 lighting for this plant

let me see how much I can remember from this grow. I am currently in week 7 and I am using LST on this plant.

I soaked the seed for 24 hours and put it in a started pod. It popped within 2 days but I started it in the 5 gallon bucket. It is an auto flower and I read the transplant could shock it too much due to the shortened growing timeline. But I’d love thoughts on this. I was careful not to over water and to water a ring around the plant to make the roots stretch.

she popped and in the first week I used recharge and fox farm big bloom (1/4 of strength, but they state safe for seedlings) and it took off.

at week 3 I was about to start veg and I noticed a slight N deficiency because the soil is neutral. So I hit it with the fox farm veg and it bounced back.
A few days later when it was looking healthy I started LST.

I hooked the stem and slowly began pulling it down. And I adjusted it every few days.

I continued to water as I notice the leaves begin to droop and feed weekly. A fellow grower suggested Epsom salt for plants and I added a little and man it shot right out. I have also been using cal mag this whole time as a soil additive and the occasional foliage spray,

she is looking good, I have five LST post pulling her canopy even and I’m going to continue for a few weeks into flowering.

I last week I started introducing flowering nuts (fox farms) 1/2 strength and lowered the veg to half. This week I am using the full strength flower and no more veg.

I have a CO2 bag in there, I’m not sure if it’s doing anything but the plant does look amazing so maybe it’s a mental thing but I like it, lol.

I have started to defoliate. I am going slowly because it’s an auto flower but it will happen over the next week

I wish I could be more detailed but I wasn’t keep a detail record of my grow and I’m excited to track everything and get some feedback. So here is how she started, and what she looks like today.

5A6CDFCC-3084-42D8-937B-983D4AAD6BC3.jpeg

F61BF03A-88A9-45C2-88DA-1D154BC46957.jpeg

56EC7E47-12CE-4B71-819A-E91EC9B85D99.jpeg

C0D2D753-AD1D-4B49-842A-8BC00DEBE91B.jpeg

A85056A4-2244-4C9F-8EEA-23C5577F8022.jpeg

503126B6-5D64-4609-9753-85C65B1F74D3.jpeg

2C939B88-F2C8-49D9-8FC7-EC379B05050B.jpeg

143FE5E8-B6E7-4275-8FFC-6F2B955367ED.jpeg
I see your well on your way my friend. I didn't realize.
Thats great.
Bill

Try @Weed Seeds Express genetics are important, if you are going to spend 3 or 4 months growing you want a great result. Weed seeds will give you that.
Also @GeoFlora Nutrients is fantastic stuff thats so simple to use for new growers. Check them out aswell.
Happy growing friend.
Bill
Thanks for your kind words Bill, we're doing out best!! :circle-of-love:

Happy growing friend.
Bill
Bill thanks for the info. I have seen geo flora and was interested in them. I will definitely keep them and weed seed express in mind.

Start of week 8...

She was starting to droop a little last night but since I was feeding her today I waited til morning and she is definitely ready for watering and feeding.

gave her tiger bloom 10ml. Moving into the flowing, no more veg this week
Big bloom 30ml. Ph is right around 6.5. Can’t wait to see her perk up tomorrow.
And the humidity is a little higher cause I have the tent open. It has been running around 50. I have a dehumidifier coming.

image.jpg

@Hazydayz1 how's it hanging. Nice auto bro, I'm growing WW also and I just wrapped up week 9. My big plants exploded during week 8 so you definitely got a lot to look forward to. All of them have nice buds coming in except the plant that keeps stretching. They all are really but one is outta control. Come by and take a look if you want, I post progress pictures weekly.

@Hazydayz1 how's it hanging. Nice auto bro, I'm growing WW also and I just wrapped up week 9. My big plants exploded during week 8 so you definitely got a lot to look forward to. All of them have nice buds coming in except the plant that keeps stretching. They all are really but one is outta control. Come by and take a look if you want, I post progress pictures weekly.
Thanks Rick. I’ll definitely check it out.

Start of week 9:

12 ml Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
2 tablespoons Fox Farm Big Bloom
1/4 tsp Flower Fuel

she looks great. Last weeks defoliation went well and she stretched a lot but now the buds are starting to form and thicken. No signs of any issues that I can see. But I’m still new at this.

average temp 75
Avg humidity 52. I need to order a large dehumidifier for the basement. The little one I ordered for the tent helps a little but I’ll never get into the 40s with it.

I think that’s it, unless something happens I’ll see you next week.

92BCA9FB-7FEF-460F-BC94-FE56CA5F1722.jpeg

0EAD8977-FE5C-4597-A609-67D96506C464.jpeg

I forgot to post on Saturday when I fed her but it’s week ten and she has really started to open up. The buds are filling out, I have a few lower sites I’m considering trimming.

I gave her

12 ml Fox Farm Tiger Bloom
1/4 tsp Flower Fuel
And calmag

I got a decent dehumidifier for the basement and now the RH is around 45-50%. It makes the basement a little warmer so I’m running about 80. But everything seems to be going well. See everyone next week.

A7395473-24F2-42D7-B264-5AA7C7617F93.jpeg

DB04BCEE-9120-4CA8-91AB-310ADEAC8784.jpeg

Week 11

so I was camping this weekend so I didn’t get to take a photo of her but she is really starting to fill out and the buds are starting to turn a little amber.

9 ml of fox farm tiger bloom. (I backed off a little because I see some light nute burn on a couple leaves. Nothing major and nothing new since I feed her, I actually think I may have measured wrong, don’t smoke before you measure things)
And 1/4 tsp flower fuel.

Temp is 80
RH is 45-50 the dehumidifier I got is great
light cycle is 20/4

see you guys next week

0C5BB388-9CB5-48E2-8A32-E82BE3554E3B.jpeg

BF196996-B352-4EC9-8E34-241108C0CC96.jpeg

Hey guys,

starting week 12

10 ml fox farm tiger bloom
1/4 tsp flower fuel
1 tbsp big bloom

she looks great, I have her a nice hair cut and gonna ride it out to harvest. The buds are getting fatter and the hairs are really starting to turn. Based on the timeline from the seed bank I believe it has 3-4 weeks left according to them, but I’m gonna play it by ear and see how try tricomes look. But that seems about right.

temp 80
RH 50

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok so start of week 13. I meant to post Saturday but I started a new job last week so things have been crazy.

1/4 tsp flower fuel
2ml calmag

im going to see what she looks like next week but I think two more feedings and then flush for twoish weeks. I plan on 48 hours total darkness before cutting and packing her with ice during that time.
She’s looking good, and she’s hustling getting thicker and thicker. And who doesn’t like their girls thick.

see y’all next week. Happy growing.

F5EEA71F-F9F9-4F29-B574-E595829637CC.jpeg

23CA7DA0-FAEC-4DE0-85CE-B101FF8AB25A.jpeg

I just realized I didn’t post last week but she is just popping. This was the last feeding. From here out it’s just water til harvest. (1-2 weeks from my estimates). The trichomes are like half milky.

1/4 tsp flower fuel
2ml calmag
1 tsp big bloom

she is really maturing and the buds are looking great. I did notice some nut burn on some of the leaves, I’m guessing too much P. Some of the veins are yellowing and the leaves too. I could use some feedback identifying what is going on and what to do to prevent it. I’m not worried now since I’m so close to harvest. But she is doing her thing and I can’t wait to see what she produces.

122F1B24-D262-42BC-84CF-CDF123A0B190.jpeg

678BD672-5F1F-42A7-921C-13227D5A178C.jpeg

6FD06551-BD46-4B2D-8268-3D77CCAE2FAB.jpeg

Ok so she is just looking nice. I figure she is a week out from harvest. The trichomes are like mostly frosty and most of the hairs are turned in and amber except for some new one that popped up about a week and a half ago. I’l think this is normal but please let me know if you have any feedback on new hairs coming thru near the end of flower.
Other than that some of the leaves are yellowing but I figure we’re close to the end.
No nutes this week. Just water every other day to absorbed what’s left.

Most likely I will be putting her in total dark for two days starting Wednesday. An a little bro science by putting ice on the soil. I don’t know if it works but we’re gonna try it. And that’s what it’s all about. Learning the game. It’s an exciting week. I’ll post when I turn her lights out.
Thanks for all the support this grow. From my first to this one is night and day. I got some zkittles autos on deck!!! They are just waiting to hit some soil.

AB43182F-EC5E-4CB5-956F-3778DD526CB4.jpeg

6C7FBD61-BE9F-4D2A-921C-AF54E50F9FCC.jpeg

Well it’s harvest day and she is just as excited as I am. She can’t even keep herself up anymore the buds have gotten so fat.

I am drying on a mesh drying rack. I can’t keep it cool in my basement so I am drying in my office. I have the air set to 64. And I have a humidifier in the room to keep it around 65. See you guys in a week.

56D49D67-A477-4EE3-8B04-9F5BF6A17BAD.jpeg

01F7BA77-FD3A-4554-8D4E-9E4CE844C59A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom