Need a Chili Pepper Identified

Ravenplume

A couple days ago, I bought three peppers fresh from Albertson's. Shelf tag only said they were yellow chili peppers from Mexico. Any ideas what type these specifically are?
Chili-Peppers - Yellow.jpg

The few sites I have checked that had any lists of yellow peppers did not show anything quite resembling these. Best guess is perhaps a Hungarian Wax (the ones I grew last year were much smaller). And if it helps any, most of the seeds were clustered near the top of the fruit instead of along the entire length like some chilis.

Likely a Guero. But then, what type of Guero it is is still up in the air, because NATURALLY there is more than one called the Guero...

Caribe seems to be the best match, especially judging by the fruit size, at about 3 inches long not counting the stem.

Or perhaps not. I am now finding myself unable to tell the difference between a Caribe and a Caloro. :(

I really don't recall exactly. All I remember was it had a metric assload of seeds clustered around the core near the top. I'm not cutting open the other two until after at least one of them ripens to red, or one of the seeds from the first one finally sprouts (Haven't checked them yet this morning).

Back
Top Bottom