IMG_1692986751815.JPEG

It's Barney's Farm Skittlez OG Auto in SIP under a Sanlight EVO 3
Soaking the seeds
Soaking the hydroton in ph'd solution
Building the pots tomorrow

Filling the pots
IMG_1693031837542.JPEG
IMG_1693032763460.JPEG

Soil on top, I went heavy on the perlite and packed the pots very loose and light for the auto roots.
IMG_1693034080974.JPEG

I've also added a Smartpot on an elevated tray for third seed, I've put hydroton in it at the bottom as well, I guess I could emulate some SIP or Swick action with it, but I was planning to feed the Smartpot with the Biocanna nutes and the SIPs with Terra Aquatica.
IMG_1693036493593.JPEG

Filling the pots
IMG_1693031837542.JPEG
IMG_1693032763460.JPEG

Soil on top, I went heavy on the perlite and packed the pots very loose and light for the auto roots.
IMG_1693034080974.JPEG

I've also added a Smartpot on an elevated tray for third seed, I've put hydroton in it at the bottom as well, I guess I could emulate some SIP or Swick action with it, but I was planning to feed the Smartpot with the Biocanna nutes and the SIPs with Terra Aquatica.
IMG_1693036493593.JPEG
I’m going along for the ride broski, I’ll find me a spot in the back. I never seen a grow using a Sanlight. Kind of curious what results you’ll get. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I’m going along for the ride broski, I’ll find me a spot in the back. I never seen a grow using a Sanlight. Kind of curious what results you’ll get. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
Aye Aye Captain, welcome aboard!
Hmm there's someone here who is running a couple of EVO-5's in a room as I've seen some pics.
It's definitely the biggest upgrade to the tent.
I'm already very impressed as the fixture feels high quality and I love the readouts I'm getting.
The available energy in the tent from corner to corner has improved by a lot in uniformity and values.

Autos aren't a good test for the light though, photoperiods is where the real difference will be made.
As I had no problem flowering 50x100cm of autos with the previous light (MH SP-150) but for photoperiods it was more like a 45x66cm area that received enough on 12hrs.

Sure feels like a new grow era for me, as now I'll be able to scrog the tent right up to the corners and I hope I can add a couple inch to the bud stacking with it.

Aye Aye Captain, welcome aboard!
Hmm there's someone here who is running a couple of EVO-5's in a room as I've seen some pics.
It's definitely the biggest upgrade to the tent.
I'm already very impressed as the fixture feels high quality and I love the readouts I'm getting.
The available energy in the tent from corner to corner has improved by a lot in uniformity and values.

Autos aren't a good test for the light though, photoperiods is where the real difference will be made.
As I had no problem flowering 50x100cm of autos with the previous light (MH SP-150) but for photoperiods it was more like a 45x66cm area that received enough on 12hrs.

Sure feels like a new grow era for me, as now I'll be able to scrog the tent right up to the corners and I hope I can add a couple inch to the bud stacking with it.
I’m using a MedicGrow Fold-6 660W and it does an excellent job in a 4’X4’ tent. The only downside is whoever designed it made it without a removable driver. It’s a nightmare trying to keep the tent temperature in check. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:

I’m using a MedicGrow Fold-6 660W and it does an excellent job in a 4’X4’ tent. The only downside is whoever designed it made it without a removable driver. It’s a nightmare trying to keep the tent temperature in check. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheer:
Looks great, big bar light, lots of power, yeah my driver is also built in.
And I'll have to see what's up with the tent and temperatures as I expect some differences from the Mars.
Although I'm probably running this at less power for a good deal of the time and I probably won't need to run it at full power.

Feline inspection
IMG_1693165857607.JPEG

The seeds were put in some spring water on Friday and this morning they all cracked so they got put in the pots, and I already see one peeking.
IMG_1693165906487.JPEG

The light is doing awesome, at the lowest setting 76watts there's very little heat coming off this thing and I have a way more useable energy spread than the previous light at double the power.
IMG_1693166424409.JPEG

Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged myself to the tent.
All three have risen and popped their husks, everything is a go!
And the tent is behaving nicely 26°c and 58%rh which is double of what I usually get, lower heat of the light allows for less venting and increased humidity which is going to be good for veg.

IMG_1693284202119.JPEG
Congratulations 🍾 on the new life, did everything pass Feline inspection 🧐? lol CL🍀. :thumb: :woohoo::happy-birthday::party::circle-of-love::theband::high-five:

Kay, we're past the awkward birthing phase.
IMG_1693476552577.JPEG

I'm not going to have to feed for a while as the soil has some.
But I am going to give 0,5l of ph'd water to each tonight, the smartpot has hydroton at the bottom as well so I'm going to pour it in the pan.
Just to coax the taps of each to keep going.
IMG_1693476594796.JPEG
That’s pretty cool 😎 how you did your pictures to look 👀 like Polaroid’s. Nice touch 👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

That’s pretty cool 😎 how you did your pictures to look 👀 like Polaroid’s. Nice touch 👍. CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Ha, I wanted to style it differently as I felt it was more compact and orderly like that.
Oldroll app for the phone, emulates a bunch of old photo and video cameras.

I'm trying the music experiment cause I felt like it, and how can I speed up these early days, got a little speaker with a playlist running to promote growth.
Currently it's an Indian Raga which is of course very fitting with the Ganesha cloth covering the tent, hilarious I can hear a tiny sitar noodling in the tent, I imagine the plants gently swaying :slide:

I've got some string quartets lined up and also some ambient Brian Eno, apparently noise is good for growth.. hmmm maybe there's like forest and mountain ambient noises from the Kush region :)
Apparently some tests show positive results, I would think any leave & stem would act as a membrane transducer resonating with frequencies and these micro vibrations could be beneficial in how fast the liquids inside the plant can behave and move?

Now I've filled the reservoirs a bit I'm getting 65-75%rh which is excellent as I never had this at this early stage of plant when it's required.
I've pressed my finger here and there and the soil is already well hydrated with a clear gradient yet very loose and airy as I did not compress at all and added plenty of perlite.
I did this mainly because autoflower roots are fast and light so give them maximum exploration chance and apparently root resistance can be a trigger factor for flowering switch, I rather she vegges 5 weeks instead of 3.

Wicking with the smartpot also seems to go well as anything I pour in the tray gets quickly absorbed, so I could feed her like that as well as it's not like it will stay in contact with the light for a long time.

My exhaust timer seems to be failing it will switch on but then doesn't always switch off again, guess that's worn.
Now with these humidity levels I could get a hygrostat to keep the tent at the desired level all throughout the grow.. although I need high heat and high humidity to trigger the same fan.

IMG_1693600373818.JPEG

I'm trying the music experiment cause I felt like it, and how can I speed up these early days, got a little speaker with a playlist running to promote growth.
Currently it's an Indian Raga which is of course very fitting with the Ganesha cloth covering the tent, hilarious I can hear a tiny sitar noodling in the tent, I imagine the plants gently swaying :slide:

I've got some string quartets lined up and also some ambient Brian Eno, apparently noise is good for growth.. hmmm maybe there's like forest and mountain ambient noises from the Kush region :)
Apparently some tests show positive results, I would think any leave & stem would act as a membrane transducer resonating with frequencies and these micro vibrations could be beneficial in how fast the liquids inside the plant can behave and move?
I’m going with your giving this thing way too much thought bro but it’s cool to see how another stoned mind works. Lmao Just kidding brother rock 🪨 on. CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:

I’m going with your giving this thing way too much thought bro but it’s cool to see how another stoned mind works. Lmao Just kidding brother rock 🪨 on. CL🍀. :rofl: :rofl::rofl::cheesygrinsmiley:
Well they're definitely bigger than yesterday, how much of that was the three hour Bach cello suites is of course 😆
Too much thought? I dunno if there was any effect observed anywhere I would attribute it to that a very simple mechanical cause, plant is all valves and micro hairs and sonic micro massage could make things move along.
Basically putting the ventilator on them achieves something similar plus stimulating some other responses, but I guess music is even more granular 🤣
No love me doo woo woo sacred healing frequencies :hippy:

Well they're definitely bigger than yesterday, how much of that was the three hour Bach cello suites is of course 😆
Too much thought? I dunno if there was any effect observed anywhere I would attribute it to that a very simple mechanical cause, plant is all valves and micro hairs and sonic micro massage could make things move along.
Basically putting the ventilator on them achieves something similar plus stimulating some other responses, but I guess music is even more granular 🤣
No love me doo woo woo sacred Thealing frequencies :hippy:
To be honest I have read about music 🎼 having a positive effect on plants 🪴. If I remember correctly it was Classical string music 🎶 that made the biggest impact. It went on to say that because they can’t move they sense vibrations in the ground. It was also saying that Thrash Metal stressed them the most. CL🍀 :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

To be honest I have read about music 🎼 having a positive effect on plants 🪴. If I remember correctly it was Classical string music 🎶 that made the biggest impact. It went on to say that because they can’t move they sense vibrations in the ground. It was also saying that Thrash Metal stressed them the most. CL🍀 :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:
In the Mythbusters episode the plants that were exposed to metal did best!

Back
Top Bottom