Verb's Gorillas In Hempy Buckets - Under QB288 240W LED

And not to forget the Auto clones…:goof:

Unfortunately I wasn't patient enough and fucked up two of them. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Anyway two of them survived - another one just barely.
Now it's been around five days as I transplanted them into 0.4L solo cups.
The right one still looks kinda poor, but it's a WEED they do anything to grow! :laughtwo:
5B8F9465-460F-4051-A086-AF936D998A82.jpeg

So made these solo cups into Hempy style containers. Bottom layer is #2 perlite which acts like a reservoir. Then rest of the cups filled with Canna's Coco.

Both clones already has the longest roots down in the rez.
FD190AD8-8AF7-4C41-9543-2DA78BF5DF21.jpeg

I've watered/fed them twice (~550ppm solution) leaning more towards P&K based ratio as they keep producin lil white pistils.
F16B58AC-7F93-4E75-9B74-2E80A6F5A520.png

Amazed if I manage to get these autoflower cuttings back on track, healthy and flowering!

Have a nice tuesday night
Stay safe
Thanks
- Verb
:passitleft:

PS. Been busy and trying to catch up other journo's in a minute! Almost 200 notifications to scroll through, again.

6/1/2022 - Day 57

Last night flushed perlite Hempies, again. Runoff EC was still 0.9 & 0.6 higher than in going.
About 5L un pH'd tap water through the pots and ended up with 0.3 and 0.4 EC (tap water was 0.2 / 105ppm)
Koko
7E75B5CD-B334-42EF-9983-1FB98FA333F4.jpeg

Guy
3D7A7010-3187-4CEA-BED4-97FA09EA2D2A.jpeg

Today was a plant rotate. I start digging them! :cool:

Barney's Glue bud set

Topped up their reservoir: 1.2ml/L CalMag, 1ml/L Micro, VeloKelp & Bloom, 0.75ml/L Astroflower and 0.33ml/L 7%Magnesium + Zym and beneficials.

9th week ratios:
  • Nitrogen: 110ppm
  • Phosphorus: 53ppm
  • Potassium: 170ppm
  • Calcium: 60 + 19ppm tap (~80ppm)
  • Magnesium: 35ppm
Ending EC: 1.3 / TDS: 690ppm and pH'd to 5.7 (allows little drift)
Might have to up the CalMag dose if starting to see Mg def as it's only 35ppm under 45 DLI.

Hopefully they start gaining some weight during the 9th week!

…And might have to give them the 3rd defoliation today.

PS. If anyone needs a decent feed schedule for @Remo Nutrients and Autoflowers this seem to work pretty well with Coco and Hydro.
Without Natures Candy they only defiency which could show up is Magnesium.
From FastBuds
4C0124A8-CF02-4551-86ED-DA88FBF72FBC.jpeg

6/4/2022 Update
Day 60

Today we hit the 60 day mark! I'd guess we have passed more than 2/3 of this growth round, expecting after 90 days the harvest could be at hands! A bit rushing with these plants because seems like the growings must be growed by the beginning of July for a period.

Been still playing with the nutrient ratios because seems like can't find a perfect balance on these. Flushed the perlite Hempies with warm water (thanks @Braddah Waiheesohai !) and used Canna's "Flush" concentrate. ..Which is supposed to remove any salts without harming any beneficials from the medium or to be used to wash the medium which going to be reused.

For sure the combination of warm water and canna flush removed the salts! Got the runoff down to 100-150ppm on both buckets. But the runoff pH still creeps up to 7pH after couple normal irrigation. Everything which goes in is pH'd between 5.7-6

On the 10th week I'll wipe the dust off the Kool bloom or Canna PK1314 bottle. Aiming for 5-7 day "PK boost" as couple weeks before the harvest seem to be a good time.

Leaves are in a bad shape which makes hard to decide if I should defol them or not.

Day 60:

Barney's Farm Auto Glue almost 50" tall now! :cheesygrinsmiley: A real mystery plant and she definitely knew how to fit her feet in 2L root space!:rofl::rofl:

Day 59 & leaf symptoms:
E28580C2-7492-4602-AB30-08B9559C2C02.jpeg

7D2F8CB5-B870-453E-9F2D-FA0573708D02.jpeg

EEDC8D39-1DB8-4C26-B198-38FB63931649.jpeg

Have a great weekend :high-five:
Verb

Hey V!

That Glue looks like she's gonna put some weight on her. I'm excited to see you give it a try. I've found mine to be a real lung tickler- everyone coughs on that one. But damn it hits nicely :cool:

Hey V!

That Glue looks like she's gonna put some weight on her
Hey Rex! Which of them? :cheesygrinsmiley: I've got the stakes ready for Barney's Glue, as I bet she gonna be pretty top heavy. Her pot just needs to dry enough and she bout to tip over.:laugh:

I'm excited to see you give it a try. I've found mine to be a real lung tickler- everyone coughs on that one. But damn it hits nicely :cool:
Hah I like the wording lung tickler. But yuh tbh all that resin should tickeditickle your throat n lungs! Ah can't wait to taste own grown GG#4. I've smoke good GG before but own grown is always own. The best part is I'm able to dry and cure it just how I want.

And a quick clone update!
Both of them has fully rooted by now. One of them looks like reverting back into veg or sumtin..dunno. And the one, the bigger one is starting to show up!
She handles and eats 600ppm feed already and now theres lots of pistils sticking out.
They both still under 40W 3500K temp led bulb.

Bigger Barney clone
078A04F3-A8E3-4508-B839-453C05FE9E9F.jpeg

Same kind of foliar symptoms as FastBuds glues has…:hmmmm: Is it just in GG genetics??

Her pre-flowers
A27F6C2C-08D9-4DF0-B0F6-9481DC93BFFA.jpeg

2nd Barney clone. Looks a mess right now - but hey at least the green is growing now!
DDC8B083-259F-4CB1-8811-25A67A01669B.jpeg

The rooots.
686812CD-9C9C-4205-B2B9-277016C7B3AB.jpeg

Someone might wonder dafuq I'm doing with these, why did I plant them into solo cups.
Well the main focus was just to get them root, which actually happened. First time ever with autos.
They'll stay in solo cups and cool if they decide to flower and turn into bud sticks
:hookah:

Have a good saturday night 420fam.
V

6/6/2022 Update
Day 62

Good monday growers!
As the plants start showing multiple different deficiences had take a closer look into their environment and nutrition.
"The #1 issue" we chasing now seem to be P- or something which is causing lockout or decreasing availability.
Both plants showing signs of P def, blue hue on deep green leaves (accumulation due to decreased photosynthesis), weird dark blotches on lower fans, lower fans fading and purplish shades on the leaves along with the veins.
Also as the reservoir/runoff pH tends to climb up to 6.4-6.8 between every watering we could assume P is unavailable and plant releases some organic hydrogen shit into the medium to compensate anion uptake. :D And maybe the biggest factor cold water and cold rootzone.

Lived in thought that Hempy res water needs to be chilled like in DWC. I've watered them almost every time with 17-19C water. Apparently it could be warm as 22C. Don't know how much would couple degree difference do? But the itself rootzone temp is constantly below 20C.

So I did some changes to environment:
- took off the passive intake that I had tubed to come from the outside (now passive intake is from the tent bottom holes)
- fan runs on the higher speed now and as the air inside the room is dryer than outside RH dropped down to 40-46%.
- exhaust air goes outside now to not recycle the same air
- reduced light intensity down to 350-500PPFD which is very low, but plants are showing light/heat stress signs when exceed over 500ppfd. GG definitely does not thrive under excessive light

Water temp is now between 20-22C & today started the "PK boost" week. Decided to go with Canna's PK13-14 this time.
First two-three day patch of water consists 1ml/L PKbooster which gives 60ppm of P and 110ppm of K "boost". During the week working the dose up to 1.5-1.75ml/L - Hopefully.

For sure the buds are little undeveloped regarding their age. Hopefully they catch up during the 10th week.

Gals on day 62:

Thanks for stoppin by. And appreciate all the feedback!

Verb

6/6/2022 Update
Day 62

Good monday growers!
As the plants start showing multiple different deficiences had take a closer look into their environment and nutrition.
"The #1 issue" we chasing now seem to be P- or something which is causing lockout or decreasing availability.
Both plants showing signs of P def, blue hue on deep green leaves (accumulation due to decreased photosynthesis), weird dark blotches on lower fans, lower fans fading and purplish shades on the leaves along with the veins.
Also as the reservoir/runoff pH tends to climb up to 6.4-6.8 between every watering we could assume P is unavailable and plant releases some organic hydrogen shit into the medium to compensate anion uptake. :D And maybe the biggest factor cold water and cold rootzone.

Lived in thought that Hempy res water needs to be chilled like in DWC. I've watered them almost every time with 17-19C water. Apparently it could be warm as 22C. Don't know how much would couple degree difference do? But the itself rootzone temp is constantly below 20C.

So I did some changes to environment:
- took off the passive intake that I had tubed to come from the outside (now passive intake is from the tent bottom holes)
- fan runs on the higher speed now and as the air inside the room is dryer than outside RH dropped down to 40-46%.
- exhaust air goes outside now to not recycle the same air
- reduced light intensity down to 350-500PPFD which is very low, but plants are showing light/heat stress signs when exceed over 500ppfd. GG definitely does not thrive under excessive light

Water temp is now between 20-22C & today started the "PK boost" week. Decided to go with Canna's PK13-14 this time.
First two-three day patch of water consists 1ml/L PKbooster which gives 60ppm of P and 110ppm of K "boost". During the week working the dose up to 1.5-1.75ml/L - Hopefully.

For sure the buds are little undeveloped regarding their age. Hopefully they catch up during the 10th week.

Gals on day 62:

Thanks for stoppin by. And appreciate all the feedback!

Verb
Hey Verb :ciao: :green_heart:
So sorry again for falling behind.
I didn't get a chance to read everything.
I noticed a couple pics of damaged leaves?
Is there any of them you are having issues with right now?
Any problems I can help with?
And is this the only journal I got behind on?
Talk soon my friend. ;)

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Hey Verb :ciao: :green_heart:
So sorry again for falling behind.
I didn't get a chance to read everything.
I noticed a couple pics of damaged leaves?
And is this the only journal I got behind on?
Talk soon my friend. ;)

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Hi my mate Bill!
No worries at all brother. I know you got hands full of job out there.
And yes, there is way more than couple damaged leaves..:laughtwo: Been struggling with the same issue(s) since week 7-8 when bud set started.
Well obviously if you tell me what am I doing wrong! :D I'm pretty sure it's due lack of Calcium or something is heavily competing with the uptake. I've tried @Remo Nutrients Cal/Mag & Micro with full dose to bump up Calcium ppms but the amount of N gets toxic to them.

6/11 Journal update

Howdy mag and growers! Updates has been lacking on this week, again. :rolleyes:
Summer is coming at a rapid pace here in Fin. However it's been raining past three days. RH inside the tent gets little problematic as I've to keep the room window opened for tents exhaust tube. So the room RH hovering between 45-57% and inside the tent it sometimes climbs up to 68% :sorry:
Little worried about the mold and I'd not really want to buy dehumidifier as there is only bout 2 tops 3 weeks left.

And heres some pics from 10th week:
Day 63:

Day 64:

Day 66:

Opened up the canopy:

@Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue auto Day 64:

Have a great weekend famz

Verb in n out

Hi my mate Bill!
No worries at all brother. I know you got hands full of job out there.
And yes, there is way more than couple damaged leaves..:laughtwo: Been struggling with the same issue(s) since week 7-8 when bud set started.

Well obviously if you tell me what am I doing wrong! :D I'm pretty sure it's due lack of Calcium or something is heavily competing with the uptake. I've tried @Remo Nutrients Cal/Mag & Micro with full dose to bump up Calcium ppms but the amount of N gets toxic to them.

6/11 Journal update

Howdy mag and growers! Updates has been lacking on this week, again. :rolleyes:
Summer is coming at a rapid pace here in Fin. However it's been raining past three days. RH inside the tent gets little problematic as I've to keep the room window opened for tents exhaust tube. So the room RH hovering between 45-57% and inside the tent it sometimes climbs up to 68% :sorry:
Little worried about the mold and I'd not really want to buy dehumidifier as there is only bout 2 tops 3 weeks left.

And heres some pics from 10th week:
Day 63:

Day 64:

Day 66:

Opened up the canopy:

@Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue auto Day 64:

Have a great weekend famz

Verb in n out
Good morning Verb.:ciao:
Garden is so freeken big, what are you feeding? :rofl:
45-57 rh is fine, even the odd spike into the 60's won't hurt.
You have lots of air circulation right?
I see your having a nutrient issue.
I've got 200 notifications to check off and I'll come back.
Give me a minute and we will get to the bottom of it.
Just a couple questions first.
Is it just one plant with problems or all ?
What is in the pot of the problem plants? Or plant?
Thanks, hope you are well my friend, talk soon.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Good morning Verb.:ciao:
Garden is so freeken big, what are you feeding? :rofl:
Gud Morgen Bill! Eh lel plants were chewing hella much salts during the stretch/transistion. Been pretty much following Remo's schedule + some beneficials zym, HG and KELP!
45-57 rh is fine, even the odd spike into the 60's won't hurt.
You have lots of air circulation right?
Yeah 45-55 would be ideal. High RH may mess the VPD. I've always before had 38-45% during the flowering so I was little worried about numbers passing over 60%. And yes air should be circulating inside the tent even tho it's a bit humid in there.
I see your having a nutrient issue.
I've got 200 notifications to check off and I'll come back.
Give me a minute and we will get to the bottom of it.
Just a couple questions first.
Is it just one plant with problems or all ?
What is in the pot of the problem plants? Or plant?
Thanks, hope you are well my friend, talk soon.
It's apparently all of them, and FastBuds GG's having pretty different phenotypes so I'd guess it must be my water/feed then.
Both bigger plants are in 5L perlite Hempys (res is layer of Hydroton) and Barney's Glue in 2L Coco/perlite Hempy.

Issues started between week 7-8, after the transistion when plants slowed down stretching.
And did some experiments with the autoflower clones (which I took from Barney's Glue) - Been watering them with same mix (aka same ratios) but diluted it down to 1.3 EC ~600-700ppm. And theyre showing pretty much same foliar symptoms:
66399ED6-B43D-4DF4-AF67-7F2E532B35DB.jpeg

E13ED836-0A31-4A8E-B69A-6898CFB00E6E.jpeg

All the @Remo Nutrients base nutes eg. Grow & Bloom also contains lots of micro nutrients + getting some of them already from the tap water. Wondering is Remo's stuff meant more for RO water? Bigger plants just were so damn healthy during the veg.. :hmmmm: And they did fine with any given feed.

What I've figured is this has something to do with Calcium and or Phosphorus. I just can't give them more than ~100ppm of Ca because the amount of Nitrogen gets toxic to them.

Everything that goes in is always pH'd between 5.8-6, and when 'flushing out old res water' the runoff pH is usually between 6.1-6.4 pH. Runoff EC builds up to 0.3 - 0.6 EC higher usually within about four days. Which would indicate they drink more than eat. BUT then I've fed them couple days with more diluted feed and runoff EC gets back to the same reading what goes in. …And by now you prob already guess the same routine again until the salts start to accumulate again in the rootzone. :laughtwo:

So you might wonder why don't I just give them "lighter feed" all the time then? Because up to 1.4 EC / ~700ppm the runoff gets usually 100-150ppm lower which would indicate theyre hungry, right? But then anything between 1.6-2.2 EC salts starting to build up.

Barney's auto Glue comming about week or two behind the FastBuds ones. As she is putting weight on her now her symptoms are the worse right now.
759F471B-47BC-4BAE-BC60-F3692EC8ADD8.jpeg

A6B5F4F9-B4A5-4B8F-BEC3-57E8E26FAFF3.jpeg

So all this would indicate theyre lacking something, right? But shit I've prob tried every possible different EC reading and different ratios.
And the symptoms are pretty much same on her.. the newest mature leaves showing bad Calcium def. Lower fans are pretty much OK. Theres some K- visible as the plant prob has drawn it from there.
Lol this plant looks unrealistic in so small pot.
076C2C58-C0F9-4CC0-8D58-99424C9525C4.jpeg

Anyway thanks for your help Bill! :Namaste: I really appreciate if you got any directions to point for me.
Anyone is more than welcome to share your own two cents.

Thanks
Verb

Hey V!

I really wish I could give you some advice here. Truthfully, if our positions were reversed, I'd be scratching my head too
Hi Rex! :circle-of-love:
Haha you wouldn't belive what kind of bouncin back and forth this has been. :laughtwo: Especially with fertilization. Totally out of my comfort zone. More about below…

Grows looking solid and I am intrigued by the Auto clones.

Could that be a Boron deficiency? Looks like a random micro nutrient deficiency to me.
Anybody else?
Hey Farmer and thanks! :Namaste: Wondering how am I getting the autoflower clones fully rooted and from day #1 when introduced nutrients, I hit it immediately to the hilt..:rolleyes::laughtwo: Buut then these older picky bitches. I just don't get it. Ive literally tried everything and all the ideal nutrient ratios.
And yeah B- could be visible on Barney's Auto Glue (the one in a small 2L hempy), but the bigger ones I've been wondering if it's actually Boron tox, or some other Micros accumulate.. Remo stuff has the correct micro ratios, but every bottle contain some micros and I believe the lineup is designed mostly for RO, or if using soil the recommended doses are somewhat lower.

Heres couple Auto Gorilla-clone pic for ya!
536172BF-FA9A-43D2-9E1B-C35AEE798E55.jpeg

DE2138C1-2A6C-4952-9C84-CE6E5D057A2B.png

7F243E5D-5EB6-4878-80BC-87A659667341.jpeg

C9E8BA9B-7678-434F-B253-DFC9033DF1B9.jpeg

6/15/2022 Update

Howdy mag!
My apologies updates been lacking again. But as mentioned above I've been totally out of my comfort zone since like from a week 7-8 after the stretch slowed.
Been going back and forth with the nutrient ratios and fed different EC. Well yeah thats right it's been far from the steady feed..:laughtwo: But shit thought that I'd somehow solve it.

Also something that really annoys me..I'm literally only able to do any longer flushes, inspections or trimmings at 2AM! :eye-roll: At 2am the lights go back on and figured thats the moment when no one probably passing in the stairwell. An why? Because the smell is so damn skunk! Keeping the tent door opened at the morning for ~5-10mins when watering & daily routine I've to ventilate whole damn flat for at least 30min and the smell still gets in the stairwell. Guess how paranoid and annoyed that makes me.

Anyways started to wonder if I'm feeding them way too much micros/they show the accumulation now as I've been giving them 3/4 strength 1:1 ratio everything 1.5ml/L ~5.6ml/g AND I've fed Kelp almost every watering. So yesterday quickly flushed the worst salts off from perlite Hempies and lowered CalMag & Micro dosage down to 1ml/L and left Kelp out for now. We'll see in couple days if any improvement.

Today 6/15 they hit the 70 day mark, yay. :ganjamon: Guy (the left one) showing worse P- signs every day. Now the upper mid leaves starting to get yellow very quick and I believe that the right one also showing some P- now. Hopefully lower dose of Micro's have any effect. FYI. Runoff pH has started to drop 0.1 - 0.2 daily. Soon below 6

Day 70:
0380196C-D2EF-4AFD-8ADE-2A4142DB4F3E.jpeg

Koko (right one)
EDCDE327-C28B-4C1A-BBA1-A885C2FE8843.jpeg

89E4243A-227B-4BC1-8503-2FB05D839420.jpeg

Guy, left one
551DA88F-E5A4-494E-B5F6-9A40F700910B.jpeg

A1758809-EB1C-4FD9-80CE-3034FD5FCAC2.jpeg

Heres from side - they could become so dense!
22545775-5106-426A-9228-91C4E6D1FA66.jpeg

I've got again almost two hunnit notfs to go through due the inactivity. :eek: But I'll be catching up shortly!
K.R Journalist-Verbalist
And thanks for stoppin by. Have a good night famz

Verb

Hi Rex! :circle-of-love:
Haha you wouldn't belive what kind of bouncin back and forth this has been. :laughtwo: Especially with fertilization. Totally out of my comfort zone. More about below…

Hey Farmer and thanks! :Namaste: Wondering how am I getting the autoflower clones fully rooted and from day #1 when introduced nutrients, I hit it immediately to the hilt..:rolleyes::laughtwo: Buut then these older picky bitches. I just don't get it. Ive literally tried everything and all the ideal nutrient ratios.
And yeah B- could be visible on Barney's Auto Glue (the one in a small 2L hempy), but the bigger ones I've been wondering if it's actually Boron tox, or some other Micros accumulate.. Remo stuff has the correct micro ratios, but every bottle contain some micros and I believe the lineup is designed mostly for RO, or if using soil the recommended doses are somewhat lower.

Heres couple Auto Gorilla-clone pic for ya!
536172BF-FA9A-43D2-9E1B-C35AEE798E55.jpeg

DE2138C1-2A6C-4952-9C84-CE6E5D057A2B.png

7F243E5D-5EB6-4878-80BC-87A659667341.jpeg

C9E8BA9B-7678-434F-B253-DFC9033DF1B9.jpeg

6/15/2022 Update

Howdy mag!
My apologies updates been lacking again. But as mentioned above I've been totally out of my comfort zone since like from a week 7-8 after the stretch slowed.
Been going back and forth with the nutrient ratios and fed different EC. Well yeah thats right it's been far from the steady feed..:laughtwo: But shit thought that I'd somehow solve it.

Also something that really annoys me..I'm literally only able to do any longer flushes, inspections or trimmings at 2AM! :eye-roll: At 2am the lights go back on and figured thats the moment when no one probably passing in the stairwell. An why? Because the smell is so damn skunk! Keeping the tent door opened at the morning for ~5-10mins when watering & daily routine I've to ventilate whole damn flat for at least 30min and the smell still gets in the stairwell. Guess how paranoid and annoyed that makes me.

Anyways started to wonder if I'm feeding them way too much micros/they show the accumulation now as I've been giving them 3/4 strength 1:1 ratio everything 1.5ml/L ~5.6ml/g AND I've fed Kelp almost every watering. So yesterday quickly flushed the worst salts off from perlite Hempies and lowered CalMag & Micro dosage down to 1ml/L and left Kelp out for now. We'll see in couple days if any improvement.

Today 6/15 they hit the 70 day mark, yay. :ganjamon: Guy (the left one) showing worse P- signs every day. Now the upper mid leaves starting to get yellow very quick and I believe that the right one also showing some P- now. Hopefully lower dose of Micro's have any effect. FYI. Runoff pH has started to drop 0.1 - 0.2 daily. Soon below 6

Day 70:
0380196C-D2EF-4AFD-8ADE-2A4142DB4F3E.jpeg

Koko (right one)
EDCDE327-C28B-4C1A-BBA1-A885C2FE8843.jpeg

89E4243A-227B-4BC1-8503-2FB05D839420.jpeg

Guy, left one
551DA88F-E5A4-494E-B5F6-9A40F700910B.jpeg

A1758809-EB1C-4FD9-80CE-3034FD5FCAC2.jpeg

Heres from side - they could become so dense!
22545775-5106-426A-9228-91C4E6D1FA66.jpeg

I've got again almost two hunnit notfs to go through due the inactivity. :eek: But I'll be catching up shortly!
K.R Journalist-Verbalist
And thanks for stoppin by. Have a good night famz

Verb
Good morning Verb :ciao: I just realized I never came back to help with your ladies, sorry.
I've been swamped with everything going on in my grow.
Mites from hell.
I'm 200 notifications behind. :oops:
Your girls look fantastic though.
Still having a minor issue though?
BTW. What the heck is with you rooting Auto clones ?
Is it an experiment I missed the beginning of?
Because they look spectacular, but why ?
Hope everything is going your way Amigo.

Bill

Dude....go raid whatever funds you have left and buy a 2nd big air/carbon filter. Park it near your hallway door running 24/7 scrubbing air. That will keep the air near the door smelling clean.
Seriously- if you can do it today....don't put it off!!!!!

Good morning Verb :ciao: I just realized I never came back to help with your ladies, sorry.
Mites from hell.
I'm 200 notifications behind. :oops:
Hope everything is going your way Amigo.

Bill
I've actually cloned autos twice (though mine died before looking nearly as beautiful as Vs).
Good for two things: making auto fem seeds, and the normal reasons for cloning.

I listened to a girl in a podcast who successfully cloned autos, and kept them going several generations. She said there is diminishing returns, but it is possible to grow out several generations prior to having to pop another seed. Not sure on the accuracy, and I have no desire to try it...but it was interesting...

Mites from hell.
Hey Bill! And no worries brother. Guessed the bloody pests keeping you busy. :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hope it turns out good - I can imagine how it would feel to dump most of your plants. I really do. :rolleyes:
Thank you. And yes, still struggling with the same issue(s), as I believe theres a bigger lockout still happening.

Heh, decided to turn some of the branches into cuttings when I trimmed Barney's GG auto bottom foliage some weeks ago. I've tried it couple of times before with random plants and they never rooted. (without Kelp tho - and I've never used any cloning gels/other rooting hormones)
so wasn't expecting much. But as soon as I noticed some of them going to root thought it would be a fun to experiment with them! :)

Nonetheless I've been struggling with the biggrr GG's and their fertilization - I decided to 'temporarily' convert the clones into lab rats! :cheesygrinsmiley:
I really can't or dare to test any mad feed/nutrient ratios as the bigger plants are in middle of the peak bloom.
So I've been testing and experimenting different ratios with the clones and thought I'll share some of my 'studies' and discoveries here.

Inside the yellow marked area you can see how they responded when tried to feed them with the same ratios as I did before with the older plants. Not too well.. Same kind of orange/brown spots appeared, tips and margins got burnt - just like the older plants.
And inside the green area (thats pretty much the last ~7 days growth) I fed them 2.2ml/L CalMag & Micro, which is more than @Remo Nutrients recommendation at full strength. No more brown or yellow spots appeared. The growth was looking nice and clean but the newest leaves started to take odd shapes and and leaves started hooking down, so we knew they got too much N - even tho Ca & Mg ratios seemed to be good.
F3C9324D-285F-4847-A222-2A3F5C2BF418.jpeg

The first experiment was done and two days ago ''flushed'' with new nutrient ratios the solo cups as I knew the amount of N in rhizosphere going to get toxic otherwise.

And here comes the weirdest twist… I measured everything when I flushed the solo cups. I've been feeding them at 1.7 EC / ~850ppm which is pretty high considering their size and root size.. And the runoff was on both cups showing 1.2 & 1.3 EC / 600-650ppm. :eye-roll: Look at the numbers - the clones definitely eating. The bigger plants in perlite Hempys getting only about 100-150ppm stronger feed and they don't like to eat at all.. Their runoff comes out like .1 EC higher after every watering.

6/11 - 6/14 during this time the clones got watered/fed once per day. About 300-350ml per time for 10-20% runoff. And the feed was at 1.7 EC / ~850ppm and pH'd always between 5.8-6
BC4941C6-6DDB-4C0E-9BC7-0E5BF66C7646.jpeg

6/14/2022: 1.7 EC "flush" solution (same EC as before but new ratios with way lower CalMag & Micro dose) goes into solo cups and the runoff comes out at 1.2 EC & 6.3pH. As the EC is lower and pH bit higher than the input we could assume theyve consumed the nutrients.
E75D8C8F-E2F5-4CA2-913A-D9A5A7EFEE68.jpeg

EB642071-4701-4945-BD56-8B0B206AF67B.jpeg

6/14 and onwards I assumed theyre happy and eating a lot, so I decided to keep the Micro & CalMag dose low and hit them with little PK boost. 1ml/L Micro & CalMag, then Bloom and PK additives to get EC up to 1.9 (theyre getting 260-280ppm of Potassium and around 80-90ppm of Phosphorus now)

Mad high P&K values, just only in experimental vision :laugh: And it was for two reasons. If theres any excess N in rootzone giving them elevated P&K could balance N amount. And second to make it resemble almost the same as the feed received by larger plants. So that the results can be compared similarly with clones and larger plants.

Now the clones have been getting for two days almost 200ppm higher feed than the bigger GG's inside the tent! And they seem to be doing pretty well. Today I noticed the bigger clone getting small dots to the leaves closest to lamp.
K:Ca ratio is higher than 4:1 so we can expect to see some Mg or Ca def symptoms.
But just amazing how the clones doing ’better’ than the bigger plants.

Heres the clones today:
9870B618-7BEF-4915-9952-9425066C23C3.jpeg

We'll do the new runoff tests in couple days and compare the results with the bigger plants. As soon as all the plants has received steady feed for about 5 days.

Dude....go raid whatever funds you have left and buy a 2nd big air/carbon filter. Park it near your hallway door running 24/7 scrubbing air. That will keep the air near the door smelling clean.
Seriously- if you can do it today....don't put it off!!!!!
Hi Rexer! Heh a week ago I was thinking about 2nd scrubber as I'd have a weaker fan ready for it. But thought theres only tops 2.5 weeks left (I know wht you think about this way of thinking!! :laugh:) And how effective would that be for example near the front door in big open space?

Really would not want to buy a new filter as there is only couple weeks left and not gonna be able to use it even after this round anymore.

I listened to a girl in a podcast who successfully cloned autos, and kept them going several generations. She said there is diminishing returns, but it is possible to grow out several generations prior to having to pop another seed. Not sure on the accuracy, and I have no desire to try it...but it was interesting...
Also did a lot reading about the auto cloning and seems like some ppl have successfully cloned the sames autos more than couple of times.
But very little accurate info regarding is available. So I'm thrilled about these!

Shit what a post! o_O Still being blazed as hell from todays 4:20 bowl:laughtwo:
THC Bomb is a sweet strain! Tastes amazing
1D13AA3B-C7E4-416E-BCBC-B1906AB1AFEC.jpeg

:Namaste: Verb

6/20 Update
Day 75

Time for another update.
I guess never entirely understood what was going on during the flowering phase. Now they're that close to the finish line so not bothering anymore. Plants getting about 2.3 EC mix fed twice per day.

12 weeks midway through prob starting to drought & 'flush' them for about 3-7 days, to get the built up salts used which being fed during this week.

Even tho temps been in range 22-25C I guess the light might be too intense. Burnt tips, margins and curled up dried leaves could also indicate light stress.
Dimmed the LED down to ~30-40% and canopy getting only about 300-500PAR now.
We'll see in couple days if the plants like it.

Left one maybe getting old and starting to fade. Both should be still getting complete range of micros/minerals.
Top buds are getting rock hard already only I'd hope them to fill out bit more.
Day 75:
Canopy:

Barney's auto Glues foliage is also in a bad shape. She keeps packing weight anyway so I guess just gotta ride with it.
Shes getting fed from the same mix as the bigger ones.
Watering her 3x per day and last couple times haven't watered for runoff. :cheesygrinsmiley: It may retaliate later. But every plant that I grow "on the side" or which I don’t invest so hard in always seems to give much better results..:laugh:

I'll be doing and posting a trichomes check in a bit. Haven't been scoping them at all in past two weeks so I've no clue what the trics are telling!

Have a nice monday
Thanks for stoppinn
V

6/20 - Trichomes check & Autoflowering clones

Okay so I was examining @FastBuds Gorilla Glue trichomes as the other one starting to take strong yellow hues. Turned out I'd still have abou two weeks easily. Trichomes were mostly a mix of cloudy and clear ones! Very little amberish trics. :Namaste: So we're still on the schedule.

Still using the same cell microscope with broken magnifying glass light so some of the pics might appear little blurry. Allow me :cheesygrinsmiley:

Koko (plant on the right)

Guy (plant on the left)

I guess we're aiming for about 40/60 amber/cloudy trichomes. Gorilla Glue on the left has a very sativa-like pheno. It has strong Chemdawg nuances and really hoping if I'd get "both" phenos aka one leaning more towards their sativa parent. And the right one seems like more typical hybrid.

Autoflowering cuttings from @Barney's Farm Gorilla Glue Auto.
Yesterday piled up a little grow box of left over tent supplies for them. :)
Set one 100W 4000K LED panel for them 14" above and clones getting about 400-500umol/s now and they seem to love the new light!

Both clones getting fed by the same base as the older Glues. (Same dose of Cal/Mag, micro)
Remo's Bloom & Astro goes 3/4 strength from full bloom schedule.

The younger flimsy clone has started to drink crazy! Solo cup dries out in less than 12hrs. I guess shes growing/pre-flowering for the next 7-14 days before it starts to bulk up. She might become almost a real plant :laugh:

2x2 frames & 2.5ft height
4833A9D3-7404-408A-813F-39618403D73E.jpeg

Turn into mad bud stick please!
C57149C0-1F36-4B67-8219-1B69E4BAAD48.jpeg

Thats it for tonight!
Appreciate all the feedback

Stay medicated

V

6/22 Update
Start of the 12th week / ~7-10 days till chop

Ciao mag & growers!
Today it's 11 weeks full above ground. @FastBuds Auto Glues started to flower pretty much at 30 day mark. Breeder says 70-77 days whole life cycle and I've read an avg flowering time would be 7 weeks. Well either doesn't really matter - going by the trichs.
Midway through 12th week starting the water/terpinator ’diet’ for 5-7 days.
Yesterday mixed up a new reservoir patch. Left micro completely out and 1ml to L MagnifiCal, Bloom, Astroflower, Terpinator plus couple more additives and Canna's Zym @ full dose ~2.5ml/l.
EC 1.2 / TDS 630ppm / PH 5.9-6
Going with these numbers for the next at least 4 days before dropping nutrients completely out.

Trichomes still looking pretty much the same - trichs on the right plant actually turning into amberish faster than the yellowing left plant.

Thrilled about these nugs! They're getting little foxy but mamacita how dense and sticky theyre. Worthy of the name strain!
They wont look much on the pictures as the fans and sugars are pretty big.

Realized I really gotta defol them more tonight. :laughtwo: Most of the lower mid branches are shaded.. At the bottom there is somewhat larfy. So decided to take couple more samples. Now they sitting in oven at 38C and gotta ’toast’ them later before smoking.

Have a nice day & stay medicated

Back
Top Bottom