Ganesha Says If There's Water Below, Things Will Grow! First SIP Grow

See dying yellow ends.
IMG_1688325368170.JPEG

Usually means that you've maxed out the nutrient levels the plant can take at this size. You're in flower now, and looking good!
Or it might be a size issue vs nutrients available in the can? as well this is just one main bud, not sixteen big buds it's a lot less plant mass so she's probably not that hungry.
Don't I remember Buds saying 3/4th strength for SIP somewhere?

Not 100% but from what I hear it's either to much nutrients or ph levels but it looks good otherwise pal 👍
See some say it's maxed out nutes... I've got a friend who likes this sign because of that.
Although I think Emilya would say it's not feeding enough, you get necrosis because the plant can't replenish the tips fast enough or sumtin..
I frankly would just want to avoid it.. I don't think it's a good look, to me it's not a sign of a happy plant. I want my tips up not keeling over.

Ugh and I only have 16 days to go that's not going to be enough.. hmm I was thinking I could fill up the res and put her in the veranda but then she might reveg,.. I just don't trust leaving the tent unsupervised for weeks.

I frankly would just want to avoid it.. I don't think it's a good look, to me it's not a sign of a happy plant. I want my tips up not keeling over.
The plant is getting just a little bit more than it needs which means the buds will have everything they need and, since we're growing for flower and not leaves, that's a good thing.

:thumb:

The plant is getting just a little bit more than it needs which means the buds will have everything they need and, since we're growing for flower and not leaves, that's a good thing.

:thumb:
Yeah but I want my leaves in healthy shape so they can use the light optimally to feed the buds, don't see how compromised leaves would be better at that task.
at the moment the large fan leaves keep yellowing higher up the chain as well, that seems early, I'm not convinced everything is ok.

hmm I'm feeding distilled water with a ml per l calmag, 3,5ml per l of biocanna flores and 5ml of rhizotonic to the whole and I add tap water until my ph is 6-6,3 usually a litre to 5l of distilled. my res is 8l but I fill it with 6.

The res did run dry a while back which maybe isn't a good thing, to me the main culprit I think was the weather as it's after those 2 weeks flowering above 28°c more like 32° when the light came on that problems showed and this weekend things will be soaring again.

hmm I'm feeding distilled water with a ml per l calmag, 3,5ml per l of biocanna flores and 5ml of rhizotonic to the whole and I add tap water until my ph is 6-6,3 usually a litre to 5l of distilled. my res is 8l but I fill it with 6.

The res did run dry a while back which maybe isn't a good thing, to me the main culprit I think was the weather as it's after those 2 weeks flowering above 28°c more like 32° when the light came on that problems showed and this weekend things will be soaring again.

See it's moving upward..

IMG_1688577387540.JPEG

Ok. I've never used Biocanna. Maybe someone else has some thoughts.

@Emilya Green @Gee64 @Keffka @LKABudMan @Buds Buddy

In a water based system the pH should be adjusted lots lower... 5.8 pH seems more appropriate.

The symptom that I see based on the elongated tip necrosis is a K deficiency. I don't think you are feeding enough, whether it be caused by a less than recommended nute mix or a response to the pH not being right. Adjust both of these things and I bet the green starts coming back.

Agreed this isn’t the healthy yellow tips, this is K deficiency. What has your RH been like? Dry environments cause the plant to transpire more which increases the K requirement since the plant uses K to open and close its stomata.

If you’re feeding as instructed but it’s been dry then this is why you’re seeing it. However, if for some reason you’re feeding less than directed, that’s why you’re seeing this.

The necrotic tips are a good sign of K but what really seals it for me is the serrations going into the base of the leaf are also yellowing at their tips. The bottoms are cannibalizing and you can tell by the pattern with which they’re dying away it’s K being pulled out.

Ah yes I'm in a very dry room! usually I veg longer, scrog and have way more plant mass at which point I need to vent often to maintain RH in ok range.. but now it probably struggles to get to 35% and well my tent is kinda still set on more plant so that might be the culprit.

The serrated leaves indeed did not look fine to me way too thin leaves and no "palm" so to speak..

I'm feeding regular feed according to the biocanna calculator.. heavy would be like 2ml more.
Would feeding more compensate for the dryness, I'm not going to order a humidifier for this, I could vent a bit less frequent.

Ah yes I'm in a very dry room! usually I veg longer, scrog and have way more plant mass at which point I need to vent often to maintain RH in ok range.. but now it probably struggles to get to 35% and well my tent is kinda still set on more plant so that might be the culprit.

The serrated leaves indeed did not look fine to me way too thin leaves and no "palm" so to speak..

I'm feeding regular feed according to the biocanna calculator.. heavy would be like 2ml more.
Would feeding more compensate for the dryness, I'm not going to order a humidifier for this, I could vent a bit less frequent.

Check this image out I found yesterday in a different topic about Potassium, this will likely make you say “holy smokes that’s my plant” lol

IMG_5411.jpeg

This is what happens to the growth at differing levels of K given to the plant. The study itself is one thing but this image is pretty useful to see just how much of an effect K has on plant growth.

I would lean more towards @Emilya Green recommendations of less is more. Make sure this isn’t Ph related and that your dosing is accurate for your stage. Try to raise rh a bit and if all else fails, increase your feeding a bit.

If the calculator has a recommended dosage for “heavy” feeding you could give that a shot. You’re beginning to cannibalize and don’t have many fan leaves to begin with so you can’t afford it to really start running away so it may be best to initiate a heavier feeding just to curb it while you check your other parameters.

Well since you say that the K problem is likely related to the RH this might seem a very likely cause, low RH coupled with those two weeks of extra high temps.
The res is getting empty.. I'll go in with regular feed and just a ml extra put the PH at 5,8 and I'll vent a bit less although I already tried that today it's not that the RH gets a lot higher, don't think the tent walls will be dripping with this plant.

bleh Leaves are only getting worse.. but it's also fricking hot again.
It has to be the heat, last time I grew in this period pretty much ran into the same problem with the smart pots... June-July-August no plant in tent. I can start halfway September and I can finish the first week of June.
But that would be only two runs certainly now with the upcoming Sativa.

Back
Top Bottom