The Everything SWICK Club: 2023 And Beyond

Y
I'm super impressed. I really am looking forward to seeing you pull this off. Is it worth the risk (falling and cracking coconut")? You daredevil you! You are going to climb water up there?
Yep I will take a hose up .
Wouldn't be the first time I've fallen from a tree 🤣🤣 i fell about 80ft from a big pine tree when I was about 11 bounced off every branch on the way down and knocked myself out when I hit the ground .

do you have ring around the collar? Finally an update on my 2nd SWICK plant

this post is mostly about really skanky, stagnated, shite smelling feed water plus using liquid fish during flower in a SWICK.

This is RQS Cheese, she was hatched from seed back on March 13th, she spent weeks on standby / slow veg under low lights while my Wedding Cakes girls flowered. Purchased local soil blend and added 40% rice hulls, Leonardite & kelp @ 5 to 2 ration, 2 gallons coco, Neem seed meal, Azomite rock dust, Down to Earth 5-4-2, Geoflora organic dry mix veg, bokashi, dynamyco and great white

For feed water I’m using my Dr Bronners Gold Gray Peppermint Cat-Piss Swamp Water (patent pending!) Consisting of well water, Dr Bronners Peppermint hemp oil soap, mosquito bits, Neem seed meal, greensand, DTE 5-4-2, FF sledgehammer yucca, FF root drench, FF microbe brew, great white, real growers recharge, bokashi etc, etc

shaken not stirred feed water

the gray ring shows up nicely against the blue tub background. what you’re seeing is a very dirty highwater mark inside swick reservoir tub. The odor in the flower room is putrid AF, it literally smells like shite. Every few minutes I get a whiff and look up, I’m thinking - Who stepped in dog shit?? Then I realize, yup I did that!

the ball is a recent clump of Bokashi bran that was added but has yet to fully dissolve, the other chunky bits are what used to be whiteish pumice thats now dark stained after sitting for weeks in primordial ooze. Side shots of her stained up grow bag

had to re-rig her colas, while she’s no beauty queen she didn’t fade a single leaf until about week 6 of flower…

summary… The plant is top dressed with layers of EWC, Geoflora organic, mosquito bits, Neem seed meal, one inch mulch layer of rice hulls covered with oyster shells and eastern yellow sand. This top layer of sand has really helped eradicate the funkus gnats…

but the biggest takeaway is…. this is an organish grow but I’d say we are approaching anerobic / near toxic conditions as far as the buildup of creeping crud, but the plant doesn’t care… all thru flower I‘ve added the liquid fish to the res and to my top water sessions every 3rd or 4th day I spray 2 quarts water with about a 5 to 10 mil splash of Alaska fish ferts and allow the plant to sip on runoff leachate.

No air stones but I’ve put 2 of the 4 inch mini fans pointing at her res waterline, mostly to help evap liquids which has the effect of concentrating the nutrients in the sludge water. Also run dehum thru flower

this girl has been munching on fish all thru flower and really surprised that it hasn’t spawned aquatic life like gators and shit.;)

don’t try this at home and YMMV.

thanks for reading

do you have ring around the collar? Finally an update on my 2nd SWICK plant

this post is mostly about really skanky, stagnated, shite smelling feed water plus using liquid fish during flower in a SWICK.

This is RQS Cheese, she was hatched from seed back on March 13th, she spent weeks on standby / slow veg under low lights while my Wedding Cakes girls flowered. Purchased local soil blend and added 40% rice hulls, Leonardite & kelp @ 5 to 2 ration, 2 gallons coco, Neem seed meal, Azomite rock dust, Down to Earth 5-4-2, Geoflora organic dry mix veg, bokashi, dynamyco and great white

For feed water I’m using my Dr Bronners Gold Gray Peppermint Cat-Piss Swamp Water (patent pending!) Consisting of well water, Dr Bronners Peppermint hemp oil soap, mosquito bits, Neem seed meal, greensand, DTE 5-4-2, FF sledgehammer yucca, FF root drench, FF microbe brew, great white, real growers recharge, bokashi etc, etc

shaken not stirred feed water

the gray ring shows up nicely against the blue tub background. what you’re seeing is a very dirty highwater mark inside swick reservoir tub. The odor in the flower room is putrid AF, it literally smells like shite. Every few minutes I get a whiff and look up, I’m thinking - Who stepped in dog shit?? Then I realize, yup I did that!

the ball is a recent clump of Bokashi bran that was added but has yet to fully dissolve, the other chunky bits are what used to be whiteish pumice thats now dark stained after sitting for weeks in primordial ooze. Side shots of her stained up grow bag

had to re-rig her colas, while she’s no beauty queen she didn’t fade a single leaf until about week 6 of flower…

summary… The plant is top dressed with layers of EWC, Geoflora organic, mosquito bits, Neem seed meal, one inch mulch layer of rice hulls covered with oyster shells and eastern yellow sand. This top layer of sand has really helped eradicate the funkus gnats…

but the biggest takeaway is…. this is an organish grow but I’d say we are approaching anerobic / near toxic conditions as far as the buildup of creeping crud, but the plant doesn’t care… all thru flower I‘ve added the liquid fish to the res and to my top water sessions every 3rd or 4th day I spray 2 quarts water with about a 5 to 10 mil splash of Alaska fish ferts and allow the plant to sip on runoff leachate.

No air stones but I’ve put 2 of the 4 inch mini fans pointing at her res waterline, mostly to help evap liquids which has the effect of concentrating the nutrients in the sludge water. Also run dehum thru flower

this girl has been munching on fish all thru flower and really surprised that it hasn’t spawned aquatic life like gators and shit.;)

don’t try this at home and YMMV.

thanks for reading
My res went septic in my first grow. Pooey!

if I stir up that sludge then it reeks for hours, other than grotesque stench septic seems to work ok over here.

i didn’t want to risk the plant too much so that’s why I waited until flower to add the liquid fish ferts.

think I’m going to try Geoflora in swick res water next
When I tried liquid organic inputs directly into my reservoir (it was a SIP, not Swick) with a perlite only reservoir, I didn't find them very effective. I had better success when the reservoir level was half and half perlire and soil mix, so I came to the conclusion that soil microbes were needed to actually feed the plant.

Many of us organic, water reservoir growers have switched to water only in the reservoir and adding organic inputs as a top dressing and then gently watering in.

Have you had success in the past with feeding your fish fertilizer right in the perlite, or is this a trial run?

When I tried liquid organic inputs directly into my reservoir (it was a SIP, not Swick) with a perlite only reservoir, I didn't find them very effective. I had better success when the reservoir level was half and half perlire and soil mix, so I came to the conclusion that soil microbes were needed to actually feed the plant.

Many of us organic, water reservoir growers have switched to water only in the reservoir and adding organic inputs as a top dressing and then gently watering in.

Have you had success in the past with feeding your fish fertilizer right in the perlite, or is this a trial run?

Hey Azi,

I stopped using perlite and switched over to pumice but yes it was my first run with fish ferts right in the pumice. I didn’t want to take too many chances with the Cheese plant so all thru veg I added bokashi and Down to Earth 5-4-2 straight into the reservoir. DTE 5-4-2 is made with…fish bone meal, fish meal, alfalfa meal, crab meal, shrimp meal, langebenite and kelp meal. This was my 2nd plant that’s been fed with bokashi and 5-4-2 sludge right into the pumice

once we flipped to flower went pretty hard on liquid fish with a 5 to 10 mil splash on 2 quarts of water twice a day. But yes sir we fed the diluted fish both straight into the pumice and also added it to every top water session all thru flower cycle.

I just camo'd the SIP, makes it much harder to see 😊
20231018_114446.jpg

So you don't think you climbing up and down that tree multiple times per week is going to attract attention? And what if you have to treat for bugs or other things?

I like the romance of the idea, but the practice? That's harder to embrace.

So you don't think you climbing up and down that tree multiple times per week is going to attract attention? And what if you have to treat for bugs or other things?

I like the romance of the idea, but the practice? That's harder to embrace.
It is on my rural property, no one will see . Its mainly to stop thieves or visitors from seeing it .

But yes sir we fed the diluted fish both straight into the pumice and also added it to every top water session all thru flower cycle.
Ah, I'd bet the results were more based on the top feedings than the ones through the reservoir, at least based on my experience. Just keep an eye out for funky smells in the reservoir. @Carmen Ray can tell you about that.

Azi thats what I’m saying the reservoir stench will make you puke… it’s been that way all thru 8-9 weeks of flower. Imagine a skunk carrying a dead tuna fish setup residence in an old hookers hoo-haa. I grasp that there’s no data to chart but I’m saying horrific reservoir odor in a swick = no biggie over here.

it’s not just dirty water, the pumice and everything in the reservoir tub is coated in black sludge

I do a no chop harvest deal so the rootball stays intact, but it’s time for the slow march into washing then dry cure. Anywho pulled her off the swick base to begin drying out. She’s still hanging out with her colas tied up under the lights for another day or two

but she’s off the water oops I meant off the wet sludge

but heres the base not too nasty right? yup until you see other pics

notice the cake of sludge from repeat feedings in the res

and the last one this stuff is nasty

I still think the benefits you are seeing are from the top not bottom, and all the bottom is giving you is the bad smell without much corresponding benefit.

Maybe try a plant next round without the bottom sludge and see how it does.

Back
Top Bottom