You could dream a little bigger, though darling…

I started with an 8x4 in here, then built a steel framed L shaped plywood room within the room. Then gave up and knocked it all down and just have a room now. Your floor is too pretty to fo this though 🤣

IMG_0617.jpeg
IMG_0618.jpeg
Yeah I know, my room is 8X12 so I can go bigger if you want. I have another pretty good light so, lights no problem.
The problem is with my knowledge of the plant, once I get that under control I'll go with something bigger. Had two frames set up the last time but the electric bill got a little bit high on me.

I want. Make it so. Just take care of those floors.

😆
Yeah if I do something to the house I'll have to deal with the wife, she would probably become a self made widow.
She was born and raised in this house so it really wouldn't end well for one of us.

Well we're on a growing subject let me fire something off real quick and maybe someone can tell me if I'm on the right path..
I have someone off this site feeding me a bit of help with this chop job on my Sour Diesel.
First time we cut, we chopped above the 2nd node.. ok 4 branches correct...
I was instructed to let them get to 5 nodes and cut them back to 3..ok 6 branches on each now..
Then I was told to cut the center node off so to have 4 on each branch??? Then as if that wasn't hard enough, I was instructed to cut all of the remaining branches back to 1 node...
According to what I'm being told when I bring everything through the net I'm supposed to have 32 colas????
If it's right she's going to be a beautiful lady.
If not I'll just start over 💚
Did someone help me kill her or is this the way to get all colas?

IMG_20240404_080614.jpg

IMG_20240404_080706.jpg

I agree that it sounds complicated, but I'm partial to quadlining which only has one topping. Lol.

It will be interesting to see the flowering plant if you decide to continue with that style of training. Sounds like you're mostly done with the topping so might as well see it thru and let that inform you as to whether you'll do it again in future rounds.

I agree that it sounds complicated, but I'm partial to quadlining which only has one topping. Lol.

It will be interesting to see the flowering plant if you decide to continue with that style of training. Sounds like you're mostly done with the topping so might as well see it thru and let that inform you as to whether you'll do it again in future rounds.
Definitely moving forward with the grow. If it works I should be able to fit both the SIPs under one light and get away from the bottom of the plant being popcorn.
We'll see what it looks like in 21 days from the chop job, I'll definitely make sure to show the grow..
If it doesn't work,,, well failure is not an option it's a lesson, so we learn something and keep moving forward 💚

Definitely moving forward with the grow. If it works I should be able to fit both the SIPs under one light and get away from the bottom of the plant being popcorn.
We'll see what it looks like in 21 days from the chop job, I'll definitely make sure to show the grow..
If it doesn't work,,, well failure is not an option it's a lesson, so we learn something and keep moving forward 💚
Sage advice.

Now drop that light to 12" off the plant.

Welcome to SIP Club!

There are an increasing number of us growing in SIPs (Sub Irrigated Planters) so I thought I'd start a community thread where we can all post pictures, links to our various SIP threads and have general discussions on theory and application of these incredible pots.

I'll tag a few below and hopefully they'll post links to their threads and pictures of their grows and pots so we have a central place to discuss these things. So ask any questions and share your experiences here, and link up to your respective journals so we can all follow along.

First, the basics.

A SIP is a grow pot structured with some sort of grow mix above, a water reservoir below, and and air chamber in between them. This air chamber and the constant availablilty of water and nutrients are what I believe lead to the incredible results these pots produce. Every plant I've grown in these has been healthier, happier and bigger than those in non-SIP containers. They are great for new growers since they take the guesswork out of watering which is one of the main challenges new growers face, but experienced growers also use them to great effect.

Here's a diagram of the basic set-up:

1662329603855.png

There are commercial versions that can be purchased including 5 gallon bucket inserts like this :

1662331125831.png

as well as "self-watering" pots like Krissi grows in here:

20220211_093401.jpg

They are also easy to DIY if you're into that sort of thing and I've built them in various sizes including 9oz/266ml, 1Q/1L, 2G/8L, and 17G/64L sizes. I'll post some how-to instructions in later posts for those that might want to try building one themselves.

Harvests from indoor plants grown with the 5 gallon inserts seem to be limited to just over 1 pound ( :rofl: ) as was produced by Buds Buddy's plant shown here:

15-374   6-30-22.JPG

15-375   6-30-22.JPG

15-376   6-30-22.JPG

Emilya Green has a few journals going now showcasing her grows in her much larger, multiple 17 Gallon containers which is shaping up to be epic.

But here's a sneak peak:

stretch may have stopped.JPG

ResDog has several different styles going and is working on a self-watering version from an external reservoir, and LKA and Farside have just started grows with their own buckets.

So, chime in with your questions, thoughts, experiences, etc. and we'll have a central place to discuss all things SIP!

Tags:
@Buds Buddy @el gringuito @Emilya Green @farside05 @Krissi Carbone @LKABudMan @ReservoirDog
SIP 4 LIFE 🤣🤣🤣 my next grow will be with this techniq! Thanks for sharing! ❤️🥹

Unfinished business.

I have a decent amount of organic soil cooked for 4 months in a garbage can. Two 5x5, opening up. 4x 50L tote SIPs?

Azi? What do you reckon? I have some 16 week flower crazy MOAB seeds I could run.

New light obvs!
Depends on how long you're planning to veg. @Buds Buddy filled a tent with one SIP plant and vegged 6 weeks I think?

Back
Top Bottom