ViparSpectra XS2000 Evaluation Run 4x4 Room In SIP Containers

Maritimer

VipraSpectra XS2000 Evaluation Run​

The Light: @ViparSpectra XS2000 Wattage At the wall 220 watts +-3.

The Space: 4X4 Veg Room

The Substrate: Pro-Mix Premium All Purpose Mix

The Containers: Earth Box Sub Irrigation Planters (SIP)

The Cultivars: Ortega Lemon Feminized – BrainDeadBeans

The Goals: MeJA Recipient/ 10 Day Drought/ 200+ Grams Cured Flowers

Ahoy There!

The good folks @vipar have sent over a light they think will compliment my soon to be tent gardening experience. Normally I run in wide-open areas inside of rooms, not tents in my basement. The idea of smaller lights and tight spaces has me a bit nervous. No experience. My wife has us moving. Ugg

About the @ViparSpectra XS2000, it has Samsung LM301B LED installed. The light has a daisy chain enabled dimming control built in. My dimming control is switched to the Local position because I am only running one light. The light has recommended levels for all stages of plant development. Call me renegade, but I personally am not a fan of dimming our photon source. In lieu of my experience I will proceed as I normally run, otherwise I might not be giving the light a fair shot. This will include my protocols of a foliar treatment with MeJA @ 150ppm. at the sixth week of flower onset. This is followed with a Ten-day drought initiated around the SIP reservoir going dry. We try to start at the beginning of week seven flower. This is applied universally to Indica, Sativa and Hybrids with adjustments delaying the timing. The goals include an increase in secondary oil production corresponding to population development of trichome density. We also target over 200 grams of cured flowers.

I will explain a bunch during this journal if you’re not familiar with my ways,

Pictures will come tomorrow of all the gear and how we are deployed.
Full Sails to All

Hell yes, I'm here, bells on, first page.

Oi Cap, the cabin boy is aboard, we can shove off now!!
4cd9b42eea2f8d9c833b42725279bd52312e6885.gif

VipraSpectra XS2000 Evaluation Run​

The Light: @ViparSpectra XS2000 Wattage At the wall 220 watts +-3.

The Space: 4X4 Veg Room

The Substrate: Pro-Mix Premium All Purpose Mix

The Containers: Earth Box Sub Irrigation Planters (SIP)

The Cultivars: Ortega Lemon Feminized – BrainDeadBeans

The Goals: MeJA Recipient/ 10 Day Drought/ 200+ Grams Cured Flowers

Ahoy There!

The good folks @vipar have sent over a light they think will compliment my soon to be tent gardening experience. Normally I run in wide-open areas inside of rooms, not tents in my basement. The idea of smaller lights and tight spaces has me a bit nervous. No experience. My wife has us moving. Ugg

About the @ViparSpectra XS2000, it has Samsung LM301B LED installed. The light has a daisy chain enabled dimming control built in. My dimming control is switched to the Local position because I am only running one light. The light has recommended levels for all stages of plant development. Call me renegade, but I personally am not a fan of dimming our photon source. In lieu of my experience I will proceed as I normally run, otherwise I might not be giving the light a fair shot. This will include my protocols of a foliar treatment with MeJA @ 150ppm. at the sixth week of flower onset. This is followed with a Ten-day drought initiated around the SIP reservoir going dry. We try to start at the beginning of week seven flower. This is applied universally to Indica, Sativa and Hybrids with adjustments delaying the timing. The goals include an increase in secondary oil production corresponding to population development of trichome density. We also target over 200 grams of cured flowers.

I will explain a bunch during this journal if you’re not familiar with my ways,

Pictures will come tomorrow of all the gear and how we are deployed.
Full Sails to All
:popcorn: CL🍀

Hell yes, I'm here, bells on, first page.

Oi Cap, the cabin boy is aboard, we can shove off now!!
4cd9b42eea2f8d9c833b42725279bd52312e6885.gif

I've also got some thoughts on lighting, and tent lighting that are important for new shoppers, so please excuse me while I hog up a bunch of space for some thoughts on diode-spacing on someone else's thread..

I run, what the Orange God King would call, "China brand" light fixtures, "King Brite'' to be specific. They are the highest recommended of the 'local companies' in Shenzen manuf. district, and can be dealt w/ via Ali Babba and have many satisfied US/EUR customers, including myself. They even have stateside 'assembly factories' now, where they store the stuff to avoid heavy import taxation, so prices are very good. I love my uber-powerful, CO2 atmosphere-designed KingBrite luminaires, and the company have been very good to me by sending out a complete copy of my original package because we had a freak storm and there was minor water ingress to the package. The light worked fine still, but they sent me a new 1000W range-topper immediately, customized to my orig. specs., and told me to keep the original. Well, you dont have to tell me twice. A new order for a second 5x5 went out the same day! So that was all wonderful. However, this is when the marketplace began to stir with a new design for bar lights that would seriously impact efficacy, and, even though I'd done my research and was staying up to date, this was a change timed perfectly for me to miss. And a change that I don't want anyone to miss, because it is so revolutionary - yet easy to underestimate in value.

So, please, if you are in the market for a New Star in your grow room, a bar-light, or frankly, any style. Please, make doubly sure that you have the new diode-spacing that intensifies light on the edges while mellowing it in the center. Look for more diodes on the tips than in center area over given amount of space. This is critical, without it your 720w really wont be able to run much higher than 600w because the central hot spot is too hot otherwise. That means your effective max is just 600PPFs even though you paid for a 720W one. That means you might have to run your edges too weak, or your centre too strong. (sorry, spellcheck is playing havoc wit my ''PP'' acronyms).

Not any more, the new diode spacing ideas permit extraordinarily even canopies right to the edge without burnt-out centres, allowing for balanced, max light usage across the full canopy, taking advantage of tents in particular and their reflective sides. Believe me, this is hugely important, as growers around me using this spacing of diodes on the bars report a minimum 10% gains in yield, AND a minimum 10% boost in efficiency to go with it... and these numbers, I am reliably told, for fastidious growers, can get much closer to +%20, and yet this will still not bring full justice in describing the improvement-factor offered by this specially designed diode distribution on the bar itself.

All the big companies have started it, and my expectation is that there will be little else on the market in the very near future, that's how effective it is.

Equally spaced LEDs on large luminaires is officially yesterday's technology now, and the improvement is so substantial that you need a pretty huge price discount to make the original, equally-spaced ones worthwhile (and even then...)

Ordered 2 years ago, I specifically wanted Samsung LM301H top bin leds (paid extra, got extra?) in a 4.3 foot(ish) square footprint made up of 10 bars. My light's total PPFD is over 2950 (FYI 1950 PPFD is more-than-plenty for the same footprint with no c02). The light is so powerful that without 1500ppm of Co2 in the room I cant turn the lights up past 50% power! lol. Too powerful. I wanted the huge footprint because I need to operate in 5x5s for personal space usage maximization, and I wanted 1000W so I could take advantage of my Co2-supported atmosphere where possible (created 50% by growing mushrooms, wine degassing, and 50% Co2 from an active, controlled tank system in sealed growroom), and extend the life of the light itself by being forced to use it at 50% strength whenever not cookin'wit c02 gaz.

However, I have the ''classic spacing' between diodes, as my ordering window opened just before they came on the market. I'm non-plussed. One day I'll just order new led strips and install them into all the standard-measurement cooling fins and power supplies that came with my rig(s), splashing them with a lovely upgrade. Until then? Er... love life with my two hugely power-packed 5x5s, w/c02-supportable luminaires, and from there play the cards I'm dealt, with whatever skill and experience I can swipe off all you Rubes and Marks! Jus'jokin, you're not Rubes.

You'll love (and hate) tents, Cap. They are excellent at creating microenvironments entirely dissimilar to the one just 2mm on the other side of its nylon/mylar walls, and make it look easy. They are an excellent invention in my worldview. Truly.

PS, I wish we could get white walls, like one of the Euro-only brands do in their tents. Just looks cleaner to me. Please, someone with some juice tell your buddies that there's a market for white walls! Reflectivity is basically equal, and it just looks cleaner, nicer, a lot less "1970s space-age", and is just as effective, I promise. OK, science promises too. If you're reading this and have some juice with Vivosun, tell them I said the green accents on all products must go. OK, not the new rotating wall fans, but everything else. I have hated that shhit from time immemorial. Please, please, please... not the tent's bars, what did they ever do to you, Vivosun? To deserve such punishment? It's hideous. It fades in a year, and I cover it with gold foil because I'm baller that way.

VIPAR, yer doing ok, although a word of warning: Using ''every colour'', does not get you points the same way as choosing good colours does. You'll be forever hobbled. Make a choice, or two! lol.

Ahoy There!
We are happy to say the @ViparSpectra XS2000 is surprising me in that I am able to run ancillary plants during veg as the footprint from this slim light is more than adequate.

The substrate is not my normal Pro-Mix HP. The costs are prohibitive at this time. However, we found some pro mix at a hardware store for around 75% cheaper. Run baby run.

The chow is good ol cheap Mega Crop

Not to much goes on these first few days. The SIP was top watered one time. Now the seedlings are being forced to accept the subterranean food and water supply. Then things will start cooking.

Full Sails to You All

Ahoy There!
We are happy to say the @ViparSpectra XS2000 is surprising me in that I am able to run ancillary plants during veg as the footprint from this slim light is more than adequate.

The substrate is not my normal Pro-Mix HP. The costs are prohibitive at this time. However, we found some pro mix at a hardware store for around 75% cheaper. Run baby run.

The chow is good ol cheap Mega Crop

Not to much goes on these first few days. The SIP was top watered one time. Now the seedlings are being forced to accept the subterranean food and water supply. Then things will start cooking.

Full Sails to You All
Ahoy Capt. I know that we live in the same area but I was wondering if you could pm with the info about the P-mix? :thanks: CL🍀

I love that MegaCrop 1 -part. Shit is tight w full vitB complex, L-aminos, humates & kelp are at proper 5:2 ratio, I mean, the core choices are good here but so are the extras. If you are very snobbish about chlorophyll in harvested plants and worry MegaCrop will really cost you in flavour dept. I have to report a first year experience of using it extensively, and daily, inside and out, for weed and veggies, that gets top marks. Like, tip-top.

I found that I cure the chlorophyll out quite effectively, and I think my harvest practises contribute somewhat also.

I have other GreenLeaf products, and I can use them to ease the late-stage nitrogen concerns. This includes MegaCrop 2-part (5-12-26) and Sweet Candy (0-26-26). Nonetheless, I would tell a new grower to make/get a SIP, choose great genetics, and use MegaCrop as sole fertilizer, and also believe that new grower’s game just got advanced by two whole years just with those two additions, as opposed to starting dirt pots.

Even with price removed as a deciding factor, I still feel MegaCrop is the best bag or bottle of ferts I’ve ever used. Must be said however that I have limited experience with weed-specific ferts from AN and a couple other leaders so, consider that relevant also. Still, response from everything I grow to MC has been exceptional by anyones standards. (Cept Azi of course.)

My SuperCastings are def not letting me down, but you need a lot of it to grow in the manner I am attempting. Still, these custom castings are 3/3 for making best smelling, most powerful and enjoyable high, all with different varieties. Smells like heaven, though certainly not like West Virginia! I just need to keep growing out my worms so I can increase production. I have 10 small bus pan style worm farms going, will upsize soon to Rubbermaid 10gal. and let numbers build again when I’ve set them up perfectly for that. I should be able to produce 30 gallons of SuperCastings per month going full on, so I’m targeting 5 gallons/month which I still think is a lot and it will pile up a bit in winter but I have 35-40gal SIPs outdoors for veggies - the filling of which with 1/3 castings (prob 1/4 is fine) is no small feat, indeed just figuring this all out while doing the whole cancer thing is hard enough. Ugh, chemo brain.

Hope all you late season outdoor peeps are having wonderful harvests and our Southern friends are having a wonderful springtime that portends well for you. I love seeing what all of you get up to. So cool.

Still, response from everything I grow to MC has been exceptional by anyones standards. (Cept Azi of course.)
Say wha....? :hmmmm:

My SuperCastings are def not letting me down, but you need a lot of it to grow in the manner I am attempting. Still, these custom castings are 3/3 for making best smelling, most powerful and enjoyable high, all with different varieties. Smells like heaven, though certainly not like West Virginia! I just need to keep growing out my worms so I can increase production. I have 10 small bus pan style worm farms going, will upsize soon to Rubbermaid 10gal. and let numbers build again when I’ve set them up perfectly for that. I should be able to produce 30 gallons of SuperCastings per month going full on, so I’m targeting 5 gallons/month which I still think is a lot and it will pile up a bit in winter but I have 35-40gal SIPs outdoors for veggies - the filling of which with 1/3 castings (prob 1/4 is fine) is no small feat, indeed just figuring this all out while doing the whole cancer thing is hard enough. Ugh, chemo brain.
How long do you think the castings last in the mix still providing benefits to the grow before you need to supplement? They are supposed to be slow release and some of the commercial producers recommend a healthy dose at start up and that's it.

Seems to me though that they liquefy quite readily, at least in a tea, so I would imagine something similar happens in a soil mix, leaving small voids in the process. Probably good for allowing air into the mix, but once the castings liquefy they mostly get used up, though the microbes they bring can get established. Maybe that's actually the real secret of castings, not so much the nutrients they bring, though those are pretty good as well especially if you properly feed the worms, but maybe it's really the microbes.

Kind of like the secret to Terra Preta several thousands of years later.

I figure they probably are a bit time release over 3-4 weeks, so I add a little bit weekly. That way I always have some castings in each of the various stages of breakdown.

But that's all speculation on my part, and wondered what your take on it is. 🤔

Sending you good vibes as you battle your enemy. F*ck cancer.

❤️

Ahoy there
The @ViparSpectra XL2000 run is being conducted in an Earth Box brand store bought SIP containers. If you are not familiar with these (like I wasn't) our bro @Azimuth dialed in an awesome thread explaining the concept and how to make one at home.
Before I forget to mention, @West Hippie and I decided that a blast of my Hydro Guard goes in the reservoir while plant is young and not consuming quickly. I gave each reservoir about 3 mg.

The plants are doing well. I will be removing the 6 unsexed plants in pots this Saturday.

Full Sails All

I love that MegaCrop 1 -part. Shit is tight w full vitB complex, L-aminos, humates & kelp are at proper 5:2 ratio, I mean, the core choices are good here but so are the extras. If you are very snobbish about chlorophyll in harvested plants and worry MegaCrop will really cost you in flavour dept. I have to report a first year experience of using it extensively, and daily, inside and out, for weed and veggies, that gets top marks. Like, tip-top.

I found that I cure the chlorophyll out quite effectively, and I think my harvest practises contribute somewhat also.

I have other GreenLeaf products, and I can use them to ease the late-stage nitrogen concerns. This includes MegaCrop 2-part (5-12-26) and Sweet Candy (0-26-26). Nonetheless, I would tell a new grower to make/get a SIP, choose great genetics, and use MegaCrop as sole fertilizer, and also believe that new grower’s game just got advanced by two whole years just with those two additions, as opposed to starting dirt pots.

Even with price removed as a deciding factor, I still feel MegaCrop is the best bag or bottle of ferts I’ve ever used. Must be said however that I have limited experience with weed-specific ferts from AN and a couple other leaders so, consider that relevant also. Still, response from everything I grow to MC has been exceptional by anyones standards. (Cept Azi of course.)

Hope all you late season outdoor peeps are having wonderful harvests and our Southern friends are having a wonderful springtime that portends well for you. I love seeing what all of you get up to. So cool.
My awe shit that hurts lifestyle can only imagine the work bending over. but how cool

In your mountain greenery home! :green_heart:

The last batch of SIPs that you planted off to one side...did you find the roots spread evenly to the rest of the soil or did they remain predominantly on the side where the plant was?
ahoy bro,
they turn towards center but soon learn they dont have to travel far to get good chow. they could run 2 in the rootzone no problem, but upstairs would not fit two full sized queens. just my take sog says more better, but i dont run sog

ahoy bro,
they turn towards center but soon learn they dont have to travel far to get good chow. they could run 2 in the rootzone no problem, but upstairs would not fit two full sized queens. just my take sog says more better, but i dont run sog
@Maritimer

You are now in a tent, right? A SCROG might mean less reaching, easier on the back?
Just attach it to the cross-bars once.
Support and separation, better air flow.
Better yield.
Just a suggestion.............

Back
Top Bottom