Good morning my fellow SIPPERS.
Well Saturday was the end of week 5 above the surface that we've been growing this little Sour Diesel.
What I'm doing with this plant goes against everything I feel about growing. There's just something about putting 6 weeks in a plant just to chop it up, but I guess that sometimes you have to get rid of a little to gain a lot.
If I understand the modified mainline right, I should have just turned 4 branches into 16.
We're going to leave her alone for a couple weeks and as it grows we'll keep tying her out to the net, then one more topping, recover and flip.
If everything goes right we should have another 6 maybe 8 weeks till the flip.
Never tried this before but what's the worst that can happen..
SIP on my friends 💚
First pic is before, the rest are after..

IMG_20240330_055752.jpg

IMG_20240402_023715.jpg

IMG_20240402_023727.jpg

IMG_20240402_023744.jpg

Good morning my fellow SIPPERS.
Well Saturday was the end of week 5 above the surface that we've been growing this little Sour Diesel.
What I'm doing with this plant goes against everything I feel about growing. There's just something about putting 6 weeks in a plant just to chop it up, but I guess that sometimes you have to get rid of a little to gain a lot.
If I understand the modified mainline right, I should have just turned 4 branches into 16.
We're going to leave her alone for a couple weeks and as it grows we'll keep tying her out to the net, then one more topping, recover and flip.
If everything goes right we should have another 6 maybe 8 weeks till the flip.
Never tried this before but what's the worst that can happen..
SIP on my friends 💚
First pic is before, the rest are after..

IMG_20240330_055752.jpg

IMG_20240402_023715.jpg

IMG_20240402_023727.jpg

IMG_20240402_023744.jpg
Nice work!

That's true as long as you remove the intermediate buds. But the point of a scrog is to spread out the main branches horizontally to turn all of those intermediate buds into main ones. Seems like you're combining two different approaches at cross purposes. :hmmmm:

That's true as long as you remove the intermediate buds. But the point of a scrog is to spread out the main branches horizontally to turn all of those intermediate buds into main ones. Seems like you're combining two different approaches at cross purposes. :hmmmm:
Yes my growing and training technique needs a lot of work but I'm not going to learn if I never try new things.
I'll get there but I may as well have fun with my experience.
Can't glue it back so we move forward 💚

Hey @Bud Bokashi i started out doing a quadline later i trained the secondery shoots out in the end the plant was over growing itself so had to remove aprox, half , i think it stalled the growth some what , live & learn i guess☺️
Though yours is looking good at the moment , a photo of my attempt , take care & peace to all🤙✌️
20240402_163719.jpg
By the color of the leaves, I'd say the stall is due to a buildup of nitrogen in the roots. The sure sign is if it all-but-stopped drinking water. Happens to me all the time. Flush that beast real good and don't feed her any more nitro, (some bloom nutes have heavy nitro too! ) she'll start growing again. If you want to jam in some P&K for flowering, give it in a foliar spray.

By the color of the leaves, I'd say the stall is due to a buildup of nitrogen in the roots. The sure sign is if it all-but-stopped drinking water. Happens to me all the time. Flush that beast real good and don't feed her any more nitro, (some bloom nutes have heavy nitro too! ) she'll start growing again. If you want to jam in some P&K for flowering, give it in a foliar spray.
🤔 mmm now that u mentioned it @RedskinnedRhino a while back i gave her a plant tonic ,magnesium iron & mangan , after watering i realized i over calculated the dose , therefore overdose , i know thats the reason for the extrem green , but didn't think that could be the reason for the stall , thanks for the info 🤙✌️

I have another interesting observation with my SIPs that I thought I'd share.

I recently started a new round of clones to replace an older mother. The best one (best "canopy", best and biggest root system) got potted up into the standard 1L SIP I use for veg and mothers, and the next three went into my smaller 9oz Solo Cup SIPs as backups in case the 1L didn't take for whatever reason.

Every one of the three originally weaker plants in the smaller containers has outperformed the one in the larger container. They all have better root systems, more leaves and are bigger than the 1L version which looked like it stunted for a bit before catching.

They're all so much better that the best of those three is now going to be the replacement, and the 9oz SIP will likely become my new standard first step.

Not what I was expecting, and the magnitude of the differences is surprising.

It could be a coincidence and one round isn't conclusive by any means so I'll probably retest it again in the future but it will certainly change my SOP until I rerun that test in the future.

I have another interesting observation with my SIPs that I thought I'd share.

I recently started a new round of clones to replace an older mother. The best one (best "canopy", best and biggest root system) got potted up into the standard 1L SIP I use for veg and mothers, and the next three went into my smaller 9oz Solo Cup SIPs as backups in case the 1L didn't take for whatever reason.

Every one of the three originally weaker plants in the smaller containers has outperformed the one in the larger container. They all have better root systems, more leaves and are bigger than the 1L version which looked like it stunted for a bit before catching.

They're all so much better that the best of those three is now going to be the replacement, and the 9oz SIP will likely become my new standard first step.

Not what I was expecting, and the magnitude of the differences is surprising.

It could be a coincidence and one round isn't conclusive by any means so I'll probably retest it again in the future but it will certainly change my SOP until I rerun that test in the future.
Good info Azi! Without a clear res, how would you know when to get out of the 9oz ones and into the bigger ones? 1L is your largest?

Good info Azi! Without a clear res, how would you know when to get out of the 9oz ones and into the bigger ones? 1L is your largest?
I have 9oz and 1L for veg, both in clear inner cups inside another opaque one, and I flower in 2G buckets, so I can see the roots in both sizes in veg and, once in flower, it is what it is.

I usually judge when to up size them by their water uptake, same as in a prior standard pot. But I also want the roots to hold the soil ball together but not too much since I need to dig out the reservoir from the plant before potting up since the roots will have swallowed the reservoir dome and I'd just as soon have that space filled with soil at the next level up.

I don't know why I didn't think about this before now but, I think I can make it work if I don't let them get to big.
I'm using the Hyphotonflux HPF3000 pulling 320w at the wall so I think I should have enough light.
Seems like every time I try more than one at a time I end up with a bunch of popcorn. But I think I can keep 2 fairly well open to the light.
What's the worst that can happen..
SIP on 💚

IMG_20240403_061218.jpg

hello friends i have write here so far but since my growing started my first plant was in SIP inspired by Azi thread i dont have much exp with it at the moment my second grow is happening i got two autoflowers in SIP's 19L one's they are 30 days old and im not exactlly sure when should i start using the SIP from the reservoar i feed at the top as its recommended untill the root system is build there is pic of both plants can u pls hint me if they are rdy or not for normal SIP use ty in advance

I don't know why I didn't think about this before now but, I think I can make it work if I don't let them get to big.
I'm using the Hyphotonflux HPF3000 pulling 320w at the wall so I think I should have enough light.
Seems like every time I try more than one at a time I end up with a bunch of popcorn. But I think I can keep 2 fairly well open to the light.
SIP on 💚

IMG_20240403_061218.jpg
I ran some semi-dim lights in my secondary box for several grows.
If you don't have the wattage to penetrate the canopy, you can trim everything below the canopy. If you only leave 3 nodes on each branch, you may be able to get more out of the buds under the lights. Just an idea.

is it better to harvest during lights out or when they are on.
That's a good question! I have heard it's better at lights out, but I honestly don't think it matters! I have always harvested when it was convenient, and never noticed the difference between lights on or lights off harvested Bud.

WooHoo! Great Buzz going on here! I probably should have just waited for someone to answer?

SIP on 💚

IMG_20240403_061218.jpg
There is something very very cool about that room.

I like.

There is something very very cool about that room.

I like.
I was using the complete tent and everything else but had too much trouble with the heat and humidity, always fighting with it..
Blacked out the windows and door, took the tent apart and only use the bottom half of the frame and all my air handling troubles went away. But I appreciate the notice my friend 💚

I was using the complete tent and everything else but had too much trouble with the heat and humidity, always fighting with it..
Blacked out the windows and door, took the tent apart and only use the bottom half of the frame and all my air handling troubles went away. But I appreciate the notice my friend 💚
You could dream a little bigger, though darling…

I started with an 8x4 in here, then built a steel framed L shaped plywood room within the room. Then gave up and knocked it all down and just have a room now. Your floor is too pretty to fo this though 🤣

IMG_0617.jpeg
IMG_0618.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom