The Everything SWICK Club: 2023 And Beyond

surprisingly not much action in here, especially since it doesn't get much easier than swicks.
In my opinion, Swicking needs a Champion or two, someone who is actively engaged in discussing the methods and issues / successes of swicking.

I am not that person. My starting this thread was an administrative function. My own experience with swick is limited and I had issues that I couldn't correct, which put me off. I'd like to try it again sometime.

Since the SIP thread, many people have begun swicking on store bought systems it would appear. It would be great if successful swickers would contribute to this thread and continue the conversation.

Calling all swickers.....

Hello. My name is Joe and I’m a swicker. It’s been almost a year since my first swick grow. I am addicted to the AC Infinity swick stands. When the plants are small I use one thin swick string under the cloth pots. As they get bigger I will add a second swick string. I control how much water they get through the swick by limiting the amount of water I put in the stand. It holds a gallon but I never put that much. I might put a quart at a time and it sucks it right up. It depends on how big the plants are. I also do top feeding as well. I usually just splash some water on top of the mulch. You can see them in the pic. They work great with 5 gallon cloth pots.

IMG_7444.jpeg

When the plants are small I use one thin swick string under the cloth pots. As they get bigger I will add a second swick string. I control how much water they get through the swick by limiting the amount of water I put in the stand. It holds a gallon but I never put that much. I might put a quart at a time and it sucks it right up. It depends on how big the plants are. I also do top feeding as well. I usually just splash some water on top of the mulch. You can see them in the pic. They work great with 5 gallon cloth pots.
That's definitely the way to do it. You have to match the wicks to the ability of the plant to handle the water you're throwing at it. Too much too early and you stunt the plant, and if you grow autos there's no recovery time. :thumb:

Hello. My name is Joe and I’m a swicker. It’s been almost a year since my first swick grow. I am addicted to the AC Infinity swick stands. When the plants are small I use one thin swick string under the cloth pots. As they get bigger I will add a second swick string. I control how much water they get through the swick by limiting the amount of water I put in the stand. It holds a gallon but I never put that much. I might put a quart at a time and it sucks it right up. It depends on how big the plants are. I also do top feeding as well. I usually just splash some water on top of the mulch. You can see them in the pic. They work great with 5 gallon cloth pots.

IMG_7444.jpeg
Welcome PerkPot!

Help yourself to Coffee and Snacks in the back, we will get started when everyone show up!

It would be great if successful swickers would contribute to this thread and continue the conversation.
Will you settle for just contributing swickers or must they be "successful"? 😁

Will you settle for just contributing swickers or must they be "successful"? 😁
All swickers to contribute please. It's the way to learn and overcome obstacles. I'd love it if this thread would become a place of learning for what seems to be a method growing in popularity. It must take on a life of its own :passitleft:

IMG_7444.jpeg
Perky, so good to hear from you :hug: It's been a while. Are you still journaling your grows? You can certainly teach a few of us a thing or two!

That's definitely the way to do it. You have to match the wicks to the ability of the plant to handle the water you're throwing at it. Too much too early and you stunt the plant, and if you grow autos there's no recovery time. :thumb:
We need a blog on this! I wonder who is competent to write one :hmmmm:. Any volunteers?

Welcome PerkPot!

Help yourself to Coffee and Snacks in the back, we will get started when everyone show up!
Yay, snacks! :nomo:

Perky, so good to hear from you :hug: It's been a while. Are you still journaling your grows? You can certainly teach a few of us a thing or two!

We need a blog on this! I wonder who is competent to write one :hmmmm:. Any volunteers?

Yay, snacks! :nomo:
Hi Carmen. I haven’t been journaling here. Everything is pretty much the same as my first grow. Elite living soil. Elm dirt products. AC Infinity tents and lights and swick stands. Things are getting colorful with this batch lol. It’s Slurricane

IMG_7964.jpeg

Hi Carmen. I haven’t been journaling here. Everything is pretty much the same as my first grow. Elite living soil. Elm dirt products. AC Infinity tents and lights and swick stands. Things are getting colorful with this batch lol. It’s Slurricane

IMG_7964.jpeg
They're beautiful! Thanks for showing us.

Back
Top Bottom