TerpsNThyme's First Grow: Soil OG Kush Autoflower Grow Journal - 2023

TerpsNThyme

What's up everyone and fellow growers. TerpsNThyme here hailing from Maryland. As of 1 July we are officially legal for recreational cannabis so I decided to give growing my own bud a go. Currently I am in the seedling stage (sprouted 2 days ago) and have my girl in a solo cup with Coast of Maine Seed Starter Soil. As you guys can see in the pics below my seedling has had a rough start with one of the Cotyledons falling off after the seed got stuck on it after it sprouted. I'm hoping she makes it and produces some good buds. My grow set up is an AC Infinity 2x2 setup with a 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter, AC Infinity Oscillating fan, 100W LED Grow light board and a AC Infinity Humidifier. The AC Controller 69 makes things pretty easy to maintain temps and RH, especially for a new grower like myself. My current grow parameters are 70-75 degrees F, 60-70% Rh, and my light is about 18 inches from the seedling running at 40%. Once she gets a nice root system I plan on transplanting to a 1 Gallon fabric pot for a week or 2 and then moving it to a 5 gallon pot for final grow space. I am planning on using SoHums living soil for the 1 and 5 gallon pots. For my first run I know its all about trial and error and luckily I purchased a 10 pack of seeds in case I have to start over. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all and definitely learning a lot from this community. Please feel free to offer up any advice as I am always open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks for coming along with me on my first grow and I wish you all High Times and Bountiful Harvest.

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2176.jpeg

IMG_2177.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9051.jpeg

I always root for an underdog so I'll tag along to see how the little one-armed bandit makes out!
Welcome to the 420 forum!
Thanks for the support Bud lol. I'm hoping she pulls through. Any suggestions on how to maximize her chances?

She'll be fine. The cotyledon is just like a "reserve bank" of energy to keep things going until the leaves kick in. More critical in the wild than in the pampered cradle of captivity.

You're going to love your new hobby!

What's up everyone and fellow growers. TerpsNThyme here hailing from Maryland. As of 1 July we are officially legal for recreational cannabis so I decided to give growing my own bud a go. Currently I am in the seedling stage (sprouted 2 days ago) and have my girl in a solo cup with Coast of Maine Seed Starter Soil. As you guys can see in the pics below my seedling has had a rough start with one of the Cotyledons falling off after the seed got stuck on it after it sprouted. I'm hoping she makes it and produces some good buds. My grow set up is an AC Infinity 2x2 setup with a 4 inch inline fan and carbon filter, AC Infinity Oscillating fan, 100W LED Grow light board and a AC Infinity Humidifier. The AC Controller 69 makes things pretty easy to maintain temps and RH, especially for a new grower like myself. My current grow parameters are 70-75 degrees F, 60-70% Rh, and my light is about 18 inches from the seedling running at 40%. Once she gets a nice root system I plan on transplanting to a 1 Gallon fabric pot for a week or 2 and then moving it to a 5 gallon pot for final grow space. I am planning on using SoHums living soil for the 1 and 5 gallon pots. For my first run I know its all about trial and error and luckily I purchased a 10 pack of seeds in case I have to start over. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you all and definitely learning a lot from this community. Please feel free to offer up any advice as I am always open to ideas and suggestions. Thanks for coming along with me on my first grow and I wish you all High Times and Bountiful Harvest.

IMG_2171.jpeg

IMG_2172.jpeg

IMG_2173.jpeg

IMG_2174.jpeg

IMG_2175.jpeg

IMG_2176.jpeg

IMG_2177.jpeg

IMG_9049.jpeg

IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9051.jpeg
Welcome to being a free state. IL did it a few years ago. Ain’t it nice when you don’t have to worry about the blue boys? lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

So today is Day 7 since my seedling broke the soil. I was worried because the one cotyledon fell off but she seems to be growing steady. I weighed the solo cup (18 oz cup) and its at about 3 grams. Its hard to tell if it needs to be watered yet. the top soil is drying out but the lower soil still seems to be damp. The cup feels heavier and more compact towards the bottom half. Should I give it a few more days before I water? I also added some more soil to the cup for support because the stem seemed kinda weak. I lowered my light to about 15 inches above the cup. Its a 100W LED from AC Infinity at about 70%. Should I go closer with the light and drop the percentage down or will this be fine. Temps are a steady average of 77 F, RH is averaging 72% depending on if I open the small window in the room and the VPD is averaging .87kPa. Thanks for following along and as always any tips or tricks are definitely welcomed.

IMG_9084.jpeg

IMG_9085.jpeg

IMG_9086.jpeg

IMG_9087.jpeg

IMG_9088.jpeg

They are definitely looking healthy bro nice work 👌🏽 100w @ 72% sounds slightly high but I could be wrong.. best to get a PPFD app to be sure 👍🏽 for seedling stage you want around 200-300PPFD

I was recently recommended this app of the fellas on here and it's way better then the one I was using.. if on android try this:

They are definitely looking healthy bro nice work 👌🏽 100w @ 72% sounds slightly high but I could be wrong.. best to get a PPFD app to be sure 👍🏽 for seedling stage you want around 200-300PPFD

I was recently recommended this app of the fellas on here and it's way better then the one I was using.. if on android try this:

Thanks bro. I will check out that app and see if they have it for apple. I looked at AC infinity’s website and they recommend 40% at around 18 in for the seedling stage

Thanks bro. I will check out that app and see if they have it for apple. I looked at AC infinity’s website and they recommend 40% at around 18 in for the seedling stage
Yeah they should have it on Apple store. If I was going blind I would go with manufacturers then if the stem looked stretchy I would move it closer but yours looks like it's getting plenty 👍🏽
Oh and on the watering if it still feels heavier at the bottom I would say hold on the watering.

Happy to see your starting photos. Great job with your startup. I’ll definitely follow your grow.

Looking fine buddy - think I'd wait a bit longer than a few days before transplant tho
I'd wait until the top is roughly the same size as the pot so you know you have a good root ball - that's where a clear cup inside the red cup is useful, so you can see the root development by lifting it out

Looking fine buddy - think I'd wait a bit longer than a few days before transplant tho
I'd wait until the top is roughly the same size as the pot so you know you have a good root ball - that's where a clear cup inside the red cup is useful, so you can see the root development by lifting it out
Thanks for the tip.I’m definitely gonna give the clear cup inside the red cup a try my next run. I was wondering about that initially thinking how am I gonna know when the roots are good. So I should go until week 3 perhaps or just before. And for the top of the plant it should be the same size at the 5 gallon fabric pot?

Thanks for the tip.I’m definitely gonna give the clear cup inside the red cup a try my next run. I was wondering about that initially thinking how am I gonna know when the roots are good. So I should go until week 3 perhaps or just before. And for the top of the plant it should be the same size at the 5 gallon fabric pot?
I mean the plant should be about the same size as the solo cup, probably about node 4

Patience grasshopper! :)

There's no need to rush moving her. She's doing fine in the solo.

Many say you should move them when you are watering them to run-off and they start consistently drying out from day to day, or something close to that.

She looks healthy! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom