My First Grow: Georgia Pie

As for soil getting dry, my soil does get dry, I water once in the morning and once in the evening although with each watering only a small amount is going directly to the roots. @Bill284 have you always used coco as opposed to soil?
But I think they may have actually stopped drinking or slowed down dramatically. Due to being scatter-brained I thought I was watering and forgot that I did, because when I went into the tent the soil would be wet still. Earlier in flower it would be bone dry and wilt very easily even when only. few hours absent of their normal watering time. Now I have to figure out which it is😂😂. But i made a conscious decision yesterday to only water once and typically if they are still drinking they should be a tad wilted this morning. Lights come on in 7 minutes so we shall see.

Although my drip system isn’t really a continuous drip/ more like tiny tiny stream that I turn on and off so the soil definitely get dry in between as only a small amount of water is going directly to the roots for 5 minutes.
For the quality sake I hope it is not 4 weeks as I won’t be able to put the open house off another month lol. My fingers are crossed 🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾🤞🏾
As far as the pistils, I do see a few white ones but GP2 and GP3 have very few and most are orange and have gone inward, will they also change to brown or remain this color? Although I am following a few threads and notice lots of white pistils when some chop, does that mean their trichomes are still clear ?
CCD59A42-CED1-4DF3-A74E-3C1AAE38DF77.jpeg

Carmen, I think you bring up a great point about the SIP, I hope all is well with you😊

I think that it is okay SJB as long as you have proper drainage and don’t get root rot😊 Everyone has their own methods that work and I think that’s one of the many beauties of gardening

I’m happy that everyone is having a friendly discussion, and always appreciate any input, advice and comments and critique. I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend🌸 I am grateful for you all.
All my pots are sip's and stays wet but they work great 👍👍, also my small plant is very close an still has a lot of white hairs and has 0 amber tri maybe some depends on the strain/breeder 🤷 (just my thought).. but mine is starting to curl leaves and has about stoped drinking.

Day 127 Tuesday (03/28/23)
Flip day 71
Flower day 63

Good Morning Everyone
I hope everyone has been well, I’ll be using today to catchup on journals as well as updating my own😂 I’ve been running around like a madman preparing for this move but i’m extremely excited for it.

Things that have changed:
All three girls have stopped drinking as of two days ago
They were still drinking fresh rain water up until that point.
GP1 and GP3 received a light top feeding of Gaia Greens 2-8-4 (03/18/23) and were top watered for three days then continued with the water pump.
Since my last update GP1 and GP3 put on a bit of weight and both had to be staked and zip tied to keep from toppling over (03/20/23)

As for GP2 she was finished before the other two so she didn’t receive any gaia greens and wasn’t showing signs of deficiencies and stopped drinking way before GP1 and GP3.

As for pistils there are definitely still some white but a very small percent, I checked trichomes from all the girls top and bottom and I was surprised to find the bottoms had turned cloudy. I did a smoke test yesterday from a bottom nug of GP3 that was cloudy but not milky and was very pleased. So today after checking things over one more time I decided to chop.

Here are todays pictures
06C1D4F5-4B31-49A5-AC7A-EE755A785EE6.jpeg

5DBA3D73-8B9B-4AEC-A561-BA70F9E24FF5.jpeg

A1FA7F1D-3B56-44EA-9A8F-A40DA2615A4B.jpeg

EEAB3A98-45C9-4F7F-8718-38D859269089.jpeg

In the picture below you will see GP3 to the left,GP1 in the Middle and GP2 to the right. Also I have taken down the cam and turned the upper fan towards the wall so it is not blowing on the girls at all. Bottom fan which is not pictures is pointing toward tent door. Temp is currently 75 and RH is 55. I will be keeping an eye on it since I have taken the light out of the tent and will make adjustments when I have a more accurate reading and will add humidifier if need be.
159716A1-808F-4676-8DF0-FA60E81AF886.jpeg

Closer pictures below of GP3 to the left and GP1 to the right
10BC0925-85F1-4CFC-B144-F53A98E2C0FB.jpeg

I have decided to do both wet and dry trimming, since these pictures I have removed all fan leaves but left sugar leaves, which I will dry trim.

Thank you all so much for your words of advice, encouragement, and critique. I look forward to seeing everything i’ve missed in since my last update. For my first ever harvest, i’m a very happy lady😊.
Dry weights ,root pictures, and smoke report to come later.

Happy Growing and stay safe🌸🌸🌸

Flip day 71
Flower day 63

Good Morning Everyone
I hope everyone has been well, I’ll be using today to catchup on journals as well as updating my own😂 I’ve been running around like a madman preparing for this move but i’m extremely excited for it.

GP1 and GP3 received a light top feeding of Gaia Greens 2-8-4 (03/18/23) and were top watered for three days then continued with the water pump.
Since my last update GP1 and GP3 put on a bit of weight and both had to be staked and zip tied to keep from toppling over (03/20/23)

As for GP2 she was finished before the other two so she didn’t receive any gaia greens and wasn’t showing signs of deficiencies and stopped drinking way before GP1 and GP3.

As for pistils there are definitely still some white but a very small percent, I checked trichomes from all the girls top and bottom and I was surprised to find the bottoms had turned cloudy. I did a smoke test yesterday from a bottom nug of GP3 that was cloudy but not milky and was very pleased. So today after checking things over one more time I decided to chop.

Here are todays pictures

In the picture below you will see GP3 to the left,GP1 in the Middle and GP2 to the right. Also I have taken down the cam and turned the upper fan towards the wall so it is not blowing on the girls at all. Bottom fan which is not pictures is pointing toward tent door. Temp is currently 75 and RH is 55. I will be keeping an eye on it since I have taken the light out of the tent and will make adjustments when I have a more accurate reading and will add humidifier if need be.

I have decided to do both wet and dry trimming, since these pictures I have removed all fan leaves but left sugar leaves, which I will dry trim.

Thank you all so much for your words of advice, encouragement, and critique. I look forward to seeing everything i’ve missed in since my last update. For my first ever harvest, i’m a very happy lady😊.

Woohoo congratulations. :theband::party::bravo:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Flip day 71
Flower day 63

Good Morning Everyone

Here are todays pictures

Congratulations on your harvest 👍. CL🍀:bravo::adore::Namaste:

Thank you so much😊 @Bill284 , I noticed you changed your profile picture🌸 I hope all is well with you
Thanks it's a pic from Trala.
She saw my real picture in Heavens Shores and posted that one.
They are pretty close.
Did you see?
Enjoy trim jail, it's what we live for. :yahoo:
All the best.

Bill284 😎

Congratulations on your harvest 👍. CL🍀:bravo::adore::Namaste:
Thank you so much CL🌸
Beauty on the hang ! Great work CH!
Thank you 😊, honestly the clamps were already up there from the light and I just added one more.
Thanks it's a pic from Trala.
She saw my real picture in Heavens Shores and posted that one.
They are pretty close.
Did you see?
Enjoy trim jail, it's what we live for. :yahoo:
All the best.

Bill284 😎
Lol i don’t remember if I have seen it but now i’m going to go look😂 as far as trim jail goes , i’ll put on a nice audiobook , roll one and trim till I can’t trim anymore 😊
Congrats on the takedowns! They look like a excellent bunch of gravity defying flowers. :welldone:
Thank you😊 I’m not sure what to expect as far as drying but i’m interested to see what’s in store.

Well done, hope they are everything you hoped for and more 👍👍👍
Thank you SJB🌸 Only time will tell but I will definitely report back.
Congrats on bringing home your first harvest Lexi! Your grow appeared to go seamlessly and without fault. Good job :)
I would love to say it did but that’s not the reality. It only when as well as it did thanks to all of you😊I’m so happy I joined.

See even the runt became something, might even be the best tasting.
:bravo: good job
You were right not to toss her I am so happy I didn’t.😊 Her buds were the most dense.
AMAZING JOB! CONGRATULATIONS!
Those buds looks frosty and very thick along the stems!
Not long until you can truly sample them properly!
Thank you so much Lootz😊, I will be coming later today with a smoke report as well as measurements.

Good Morning, Afternoon, or Night(Depending on where you are)
For myself it is currently 1:56am, I have been catching up on journals and seeing so much amazing progress😁i’m so ecstatic for everyone.

I am still in the process of moving and it is definitely a process and a pain in the bum but i’m grateful.

Below you fill find the dates and dry weights in which I put the girls in their grove bags which I LOVE by the way. I have bagged them all individually, I also bagged their trim individually as well but I did not weigh them( will be using these for edibles in the future). They were all harvested the same day and from that date to their bagged date they were hanging to dry. I trimmed each on on their bagged date. It was amazing to see how much they shrink when they are completely dry. As for trimming I enjoyed it😊

GP1 43g Harvested 3/28/23 Bagged 4/6/23

GP2- 55g Harvested 3/28/23 Bagged 4/5/23

GP3 - 38g Harvested 3/28/23 Bagged 4/4/23

Smoke Report
Georgie Pie is my favorite strain so I might be a tad biased but my mates are not so I will be giving you my smoke report and quoting a few of their statements as well.

For myself, it is very smooth, starts of as a tingling cerebral high. It feels like someone is massaging your brain but I am still able to focus and get things done. I feel calm, happy, and uplifted and sometimes a bit giggly, but never anxious or paranoid. From there I tend to experience a relaxing body high, muscle spasms and pain are much controlled and much less frequent. It does not give me the couch lock feeling or necessarily put me to sleep but it puts me in a state of relaxation to where if I want to sleep I am able to sleep and STAY asleep throughout the night(which interrupted sleep is a norm for me as I usually wake up multiple times throughout the night otherwise) and I wakeup feeling refreshed and not groggy. Which is why I say it’s the best of both worlds(sativa & indica).

Mate reports(Disclaimer none of my mates except one have had Georgie pie before as it isn’t sold here… and if it is, it’s literally impossible to find)

BestMate : I love it, it feels like a weighted blanket as been wrapped around my brain, I was so anxious about ___ procedure today and now i’m just chill, content even! I was able to take a nap and it kept my pain at bay.

Mate#2 : Just like I remember it, hours and hours had passed before I realized I didn’t have my phone, I was in bed watching tv, then I spent hours looking for it just to realize I left it on top of my car. I slept like a baby after that. While watching TV I was happy and relaxed, blissfully unaware . Definitely a favorite.

Mate#3 I LOVE it, smokes very smooth and doesn’t burn to quickly. It has a very strong smell but not skunky, it’s pleasant… almost airy? Fruity? I felt happy and was abIe to paint a lot today then enjoyed a soak in the tub to ride out the rest.

Mate#4 H*ly sh*t, yes, yes, and yes. (This one is my favorite because I didn’t ask any questions 😂 or say anything)

There you have it, and before I close another disclaimer myself, bestmate, mate#2 , and mate#3 all have chronic pain all caused by different things as well as a few others which is why they mentioned being able to relax, nap, sleep, being able to paint.

Thank you so much for following along on my journey. I will definitely be growing this again after the move as well as Dark Knight, which is also a 60/40 hybrid(if i can find feminized seeds)
I am wishing you all the best, and hope you have a wonderful morning, noon, or night.🌸🌸🌸

Bravo on such terrific results from the smoke report, along with the weights! Next time the quality will be at least as good and the yields will be double with early training.

:welldone:
Thank you for all of your advice and guidance along the way, I am happy with the results of my first grow, and grateful to have gotten this far 😊 as for the weights I can’t even imagine having double yields 🤯but early training is definitely something I will do in the next run.
Congrats on the great smoke reports! It's a boost to know that other people are enjoying your handywork too.
I’m definitely happy they enjoyed it as well, and experienced a bit of relief, although I would have been fine with a negative reviews as well it would just give me motivation to do better next time. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and advice as well Carmen🌸
Georgia Pie sounds nice! Thanks for the thoughtful report!
I definitely recommend it if you are able to find it 🌸 i’m happy you enjoyed the report , thank you for following along on this journey with me and for your continued support.

Back
Top Bottom