GreenFingaz Blue Sunset Sherbert Soil Grow

Hey growmie :cheesygrinsmiley: I would say that the humidity is very high to start jarring and curing! I would cut all the buds of the stalks pop them in a paper bag and give them a few more days to dry. Have you got a dehumidifier? Or somewhere the rh is low? Much love bruva :circle-of-love:
Thanks man al try grab some today. The dehumidifier isn't an option at the moment unfortunately. Just good airflow.

Thanks man al try grab some today.
As GTW mentioned paper bags work for moisture removal.
I like that method too, but don't have a lot of experience with it.
I usually just dump them out on a tray during the day if I find rh high.
But definitely try the bag if you have one.

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

As GTW mentioned paper bags work for moisture removal.
I like that method too, but don't have a lot of experience with it.
I usually just dump them out on a tray during the day if I find rh high.
But definitely try the bag if you have one.

Stay safe
Thanks guys you saved my arse there I was guna chop more and put more in lol. There on a tray now in an airy room will check on them soon. Thanks again guys :thumb:

My last grow I picked up a Wood Moisture Meter. You can get a decent one for under $25 and it takes the guesswork out of drying. Just push those pins into a bud and it tells you the moisture%. Shoot for 10-11% before putting them in a jar, and it should read around 60-62% in the jar.
1662999969412.png

My last grow I picked up a Wood Moisture Meter. You can get a decent one for under $25 and it takes the guesswork out of drying. Just push those pins into a bud and it tells you the moisture%. Shoot for 10-11% before putting them in a jar, and it should read around 60-62% in the jar.
1662999969412.png
Remember that's 11% on the meter @GreenFingaz
Still 62 in the jar.
Thanks @LKABudMan :ciao:

Stay safe

1662999969412.png
Thanks budman never even knew about these thats a good shout thanks al take a look.

1662999969412.png
Do these matter if its a building or wood one?

So the drying has commenced im gettin thru the trim have a little bit in the jar already and have some more to get in the jars once trimmed up. Hope it loses the farm smell soon lol. Once we hit the 62% range is that when we ready to burn lol

Happy growing guys :thumb:

20220913_122600.jpg

20220913_122431.jpg

If it goes above 65% you probably need to take it out and dry it more.

Thanks man. When i put the lid on the humidity goes up quite quick within half hour is that normal lol
Yeah that's normal if it's not quite dry. In that case I would probably leave it out on the tray a bit longer until it feels dry to touch and then the moisture should even out in the buds when jarred.

Props to @LKABudMan :circle-of-love:

Yeah that's normal if it's not quite dry. In that case I would probably leave it out on the tray a bit longer until it feels dry to touch and then the moisture should even out in the buds when jarred.

Props to @LKABudMan :circle-of-love:
Thats the mad thing guys it feels crisp on the outside like it could grind nicely but its 78% in the jar is it because of how much is in the jar?

Thats the mad thing guys it feels crisp on the outside like it could grind nicely but its 78% in the jar is it because of how much is in the jar?
The outside will feel dry as it's in contact with the air but the inside will still be damp. When you put it in the jar there is no fresh air and the water will re-moisturise the whole of the bud drawing it out of the middle. I hang mine to dry for a week at 55% humidity (controlled with a dehumidifier) and 22-25c (ambient room temp) then cut of the buds from the stalk, leave for another day on a tray, dry trim and jar. If the buds re-moisturise I will take them out leave them on the tray for another day and return to the jar and redo the process as many times as needed until everything has the same feel. I like my buds to snap before jarring knowing they will re-moisturise slightly in the jar. Sorry for rambling much love :circle-of-love:

The outside will feel dry as it's in contact with the air but the inside will still be damp. When you put it in the jar there is no fresh air and the water will re-moisturise the whole of the bud drawing it out of the middle. I hang mine to dry for a week at 55% humidity (controlled with a dehumidifier) and 22-25c (ambient room temp) then cut of the buds from the stalk, leave for another day on a tray, dry trim and jar. If the buds re-moisturise I will take them out leave them on the tray for another day and return to the jar and redo the process as many times as needed until everything has the same feel. I like my buds to snap before jarring knowing they will re-moisturise slightly in the jar. Sorry for rambling much love :circle-of-love:
Its no ramble its all good info as ive never cured b4. Thanks mate theyre are still buds hanging drying as they are wetter than the rest the others that wer in the jar are now on a tray drying. I didnt have a de humidifier so struggled with humidity all week and the temps wer around 20c

So the drying has commenced im gettin thru the trim have a little bit in the jar already and have some more to get in the jars once trimmed up. Hope it loses the farm smell soon lol. Once we hit the 62% range is that when we ready to burn lol

Happy growing guys :thumb:

20220913_122600.jpg

20220913_122431.jpg
Woohooo :woohoo: Beautiful.
Hope your having a great day Amigo. :ciao:

Stay safe

hey Bud not trying to be Neg nancy I hope you dont run into issues I had. I harvested a gelato 2 harvest ago I used Grove bags for 2 weeks sealed untouched after 2 weeks still smelled like horse feed Got me high decent pot I opened a bag that has cured forever 90 days Finally I had a great smelling pot and very potent over all it took almost 4 months I blame it on myself for not waiting like I should. I now have a batch curing in jars burping properly 62% RH 3 weeks now and it is slowly losing the straw hat has a awesome buzz. I hope your does better I have been doing a good job growing But i been losing something in the last stretch I am unsure if it is a strain thing or drying the wrong way what Im just saying if it takes longer dont stress it will get better my last 3 grows have been from a herbies discount pack and all auto Gelato, Red Juice& godzilla cookie so this grow im on now is high quality genetics and photo so I will see
Brother I hope your smell like a skunk pissed in the room(in a good way) and soothes your throat better than a halls in February it sucks ya gotta wait 3-4 month before you can try new methods. Ill be following as always Im pulling for ya
if nothing else growing weed will teach you patience

** I know you are using jars (good choice) when I used bags I waited 2 weeks Grove recommends sealing for 6 week min**:goodluck:

***by I used a moisture meter this last grow it should have 2 settings wood is the best measure your bigger buds smaller ones can be deceiving
** and *** stand for hey I just remembered lol

Back
Top Bottom