Gandalfthewhite's Soil Grow Ozark By Grounded Genetics 2022

Gandalfthewhite

Hello everyone :welcome: this will be my first grow journal ever! :nervous-guy:so please bare with me and I'll try and give as much info as I can.

The strain is Ozark by Grounded Genetics

Choice_GroundedGenetics_Ozark.jpg

Ozark is a result of pollinating of Grounded Genetics' selection of their OZ Kush from Dying Breed with the Jealousy (Gelato 41 x Sunset Sherbert bx1). It requires around 8 - 8.5 weeks of flowering and is rather simple to grow. It is recommended to leave it for a bit longer for extra bag appeal and potency.
The plants are extremely vigorous and clones roots quickly. Ozark amazes with a marvellous array of colours, potency and candy and gas terps.
The yield ranges from medium to above average. The resin production also stretches far beyond what typically is found in cultivars with Z genetics.

Genetics: Oz Kush x Jealousy
Flowering Time: 8 - 8.5 Weeks
Yield: Medium to Above Average
Area: Indoor / Outdoor

Environment
Early Veg
Tent: 90cmx90xmx1m
Light: maxibright 220w T5
Fans: 100mm rvk 150mm clip fan
No filter

Veg/Flower
Tent: 2.4mx1.2mx2m
Lights: 2x 315w CMH,
1x Grow northern telos 0008 LED 240w
Fans: 2x150mm clip fan 1x isomax airforce 150mm
Filter: 1x mountain air carbon filter 150mm

Planting medium/pots
Soil: Biobizz lightmix for first two pots
Biobizz allmix for last pot

First pot: party cup
Second pot: 3L fabric
Last pot: 20L fabric pot

Nutrients
Plagron alga grow (if needed)
Plagron alga bloom
Atami root stim
Atami bloombastic
Plant magic magne cal

Today is the first day of germination, I have popped all the little ones in a shot glass with some bottled water just to give them the best start.
DSC_0854.JPG

DSC_0858.JPG

I will leave them to soak until tomorrow and then pop them in some paper towel and cross my fingers:nervous-guy:

I haven't grown regular seeds for a couple of years so I'm excited to see how many ladies we will get this round! I like to go by the rule of 50/50 but you just never know.

I will update daily with pics ect and any info or help is much appreciated.

Much love to all :Namaste:

Never heard of that strain, hope you don't mind if I hang around to watch.
:popcorn:
Hi there you are more than welcome my friend. I have been looking around for a while trying to decide what next and this one just jumped out at me so we shall see if my intrigue pays off

I don't mind at all. Thanks for the invite and good luck with the new seeds.

I don't mind at all. Thanks for the invite and good luck with the new seeds.
Thank you my friend I'm very excited for this one :passitleft:
I'm here to learn and help Gandalf. So many people have (and still are) helped me I couldn't count! So anything anytime if I can.

Nice choice of genetics, and 12 of them! Game on!
Thank you so much! In my normal day to day I rarely get to talk about any of this, its really nice to have some like minded people to ask those questions you think while your staring at your plants :yummy: I really find it hard these days to decide on strains ect there is so much choice! Hopefully this ones a winner.:passitleft:

Thank you my friend I'm very excited for this one :passitleft:

Thank you so much! In my normal day to day I rarely get to talk about any of this, its really nice to have some like minded people to ask those questions you think while your staring at your plants :yummy: I really find it hard these days to decide on strains ect there is so much choice! Hopefully this ones a winner.:passitleft:
Just keep posting and visit other journals that tickle your fancy. Before you know it this place will be home. By the looks of it it's going to be a winner! We'll soon find out!

Just keep posting and visit other journals that tickle your fancy. Before you know it this place will be home. By the looks of it it's going to be a winner! We'll soon find out!

Will do this place is amazing so many talented people

I’m with everyone else, interesting strain, I’m in!

Great to have you here my friend

Good morning @Gandalfthewhite hope your enjoying your weekend.
Thanks so much for the tag my friend. :thanks:
I'd love to follow along and enjoy your grow.
I'm not a great soil guy but I know what end of a water can to hold.:rofl:
Hopefully I'll be of some help.
Good luck , hope it's a fantastic harvest.

Stay safe
Bill
Good morning to you and great to have you here @Bill284. You may not be a soil guy but from the looks of it you know your stuff and all help is greatly appreciated the more the merrier :passitleft:

Happy Easter to everyone and thank you for the subs :hug: This morning I had a check on the little ones and some of them have started to crack and pop out their tap root :yahoo:

DSC_0859.JPG

So I popped them in some paper towel and left them somewhere warm and dark, I will check them tomorrow to see how they are doing.

DSC_0860.JPG

This is the soil I am using for the beginning stages, it's great for seedlings and a couple of weeks veg here's some info:

What is Light·Mix?​

If you want more control, Light·Mix provides the ideal foundation for encouraging vigorous growth in seedlings, young plants and cuttings – right from the beginning.

It gets the vital micro activity going as the water works with the soil, producing organic catalysts that rapidly develop root structures.

Light·Mix has also been specially blended to ensure optimal drainage throughout – an essential property if you use automatic irrigation systems.

The pH and EC values​

Biobizz products only contain natural organic elements rather than mineral salts such as magnesium or sulfates that you might find in synthetic fertilizers. This gives Light·Mix a medium Electrical Conductivity (EC) value. And while its organic elements are impossible to measure, they do have a self-regulating system, which helps maintain the pH values at the correct level.

How to use it?​

When using Light·Mix you can apply larger nutrient doses to any kind of plant, including heavy feeders, without the risk of overloading the soil and causing a nutrient burn – indicated by yellowing and crunchy, burnt tips on the leaves.

With automatic watering it’s important that the water properly infiltrates the substrate, or this can become too wet and cause mould to form.

DSC_0862.JPG

I got my cups ready too. I know I'm being optimistic getting 12 ready but you never know. With the soil not containing much magnesium and my tap water being 0.1 EC, I add 1/4 strength magnecal and atami root stim from the beginning, I do adjust the PH to 6.1 with Biobizz Biodown. I then give them a good soak and leave them to warm up in the tent with the light on.

DSC_0861.JPG

I will update again tomorrow with any progress, hopefully a few more will show themselves by then.
Much love to all:Namaste:

Hello everyone :ciao: hope you all had a lovely Easter.
I checked the little ones this morning and WOW! 8 have full tap roots :yahoo:
DSC_0864.JPG

Here's the other 4, the one at the bottom I'm sure will make it but the others i'm not 100%. They look smaller than the rest but I'll give them time, I changed the paper towel and put fresh water in, I'll leave them for another 12hrs and see what happens.
DSC_0867.JPG

I popped them in their new homes very carefully, I like to wash my hands thoroughly and pop a pair of gloves on. I lightly water them in not too much, just a little and I use a sheet of cellophane wrap to keep the humidity up.
DSC_0865.JPG

I also like to throw the dome on just for good measure and to keep them warm, my T5 is on 24hrs this helps me maintain a constant temperature.
DSC_0866.JPG

I wonder how long until they break ground? I will update again tomorrow much love to all!

:green_heart::Namaste::passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom