2305guy 1st Grow: Autoflower Supermix In Coco SIP

2305 guy

TENT: 5x5 Gorilla Tent

ROOM TEMP: 80°- 83°

HUMIDITY: average 49%

BUCKET SIZE: 5gal SIP

MEDIUM: 60% Coco – 40% Perlite

LIGHT: KIND X750 LED

NUTRIENTS: Grow Dots- 60 grams mixed in coco/perlite for 4 gal of medium, Cal/Mag-5mil per gal, Armor Si- ½ TSPN per gal, Liquid Kelp 1-2 oz per gal, ReCharge, and PH to 5.8.

STRAIN(S): (3) Bruce Banner (BB) 50/50 hybrid 26% THC, (2) Gorilla Glue (GG) 40% Indica 60% Sativa hybrid 25% THC and (1) Girl Scout Cookie (GSC) 80 Indica/20 Sativa hybrid 21% THC.

# OF PLANTS: 6

Currently in Veg (1 week)

YIELD: 5-15 OZ per plant is advertised, will see in the end.

BACKGROUND: This is my first grow. I have tried to absorb as much information from many of the regular professionals that often provide guidance such as Bill284, Emilya, Azimuth, Stone Otter, and many many others. I purchased the seeds a year ago (Jan 2022) and they have been sitting in black 35mm film canisters in my fridge. I planted 8 seeds and chose the 6 best looking to raise. The coco was filtered, strained and buffered twice. I popped the seeds in Jiffy Pellets and placed them inside the seedling bags filled with coco and perlite and fed nothing but tap water. After a week, I transplanted the ladies into their final container and watered them using Emilya’s technique to enhance root growth soonest. Now the ladies are finally absorbing the water/nutes through the SIP as designed. Light was 25% for the first 10 days and approximately 24” under the light. As of three days ago, I turned up the light to 50% and ladies are approximately 18” under the light. Today I conducted some LST and topped off the SIP reservoirs on all (6) ladies. Next week the light goes up to 75% and the following week it will remain at 100% intensity per manufacturers guidance.

Current Issue(s): (1) BB has shown nute deficiency as you can see with the yellow and brown spots. I have checked twice daily for three days to confirm the lady’s condition is not due to pests. I have added all of the nutes mentioned above and also foliar sprayed twice daily with kelp, CM and PH’d to 5.8. It appears that the nute deficiency is under control, but I will definitely continue to monitor all of the ladies twice daily at a minimum TAGS: @Bill284 , @Emilya Green , @Azimuth , @bluter, @StoneOtter

BB 1.jpg

BB 2.jpg

BB 3.jpg

GG 1.jpg

GG 2.jpg

GSC .jpg

Tent 1 .jpg
Tent 2 .jpg
Tent 3.jpg
Nutes.jpg

First grow?!?? Man, you've absorbed a lot @2305 guy ! Well done. :thumb:

I'm going to guess your deficiencies have something to do with coco and, if so, Bill should be able to help.

And be sure to post your progress periodically over in SP Club with a link back here as I'm sure there are plenty over there that would like to follow along.

so far so good and i think you've got things under control right now. excellent job on a first run.

i have no idea how those grow dots would work in that media mix in a sips style.

first glance suggests running a touch too hot for the size of the plants at transplant. aside from the damage on the single plant there's some n claw. it looks like that one plant grew through the worst of it, and all are now handling things now they've gotten a bit more mature.

First grow?!?? Man, you've absorbed a lot @2305 guy ! Well done. :thumb:

I'm going to guess your deficiencies have something to do with coco and, if so, Bill should be able to help.

And be sure to post your progress periodically over in SP Club with a link back here as I'm sure there are plenty over there that would like to follow along.
Thank you for the kind words Azimuth! I will be sure to keep everyone updated as you suggested at both places.

so far so good and i think you've got things under control right now. excellent job on a first run.

i have no idea how those grow dots would work in that media mix in a sips style.

first glance suggests running a touch too hot for the size of the plants at transplant. aside from the damage on the single plant there's some n claw. it looks like that one plant grew through the worst of it, and all are now handling things now they've gotten a bit more mature.
I appreciate your input Bluter. I certainly hope things stay on track from here. Until Bill248 told me 5.8 is the number for coco, I have religiously kept PH at that level. However, before that I was just keeping it between 5.5 and 6.5 range. So, I think I did cause a little burn issue. Thanks again for your expertise.

Great start to your journal.
Garden is Amazing. :yahoo:
Should be fun
Take care
Talk soon.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I appreciate your input Bluter. I certainly hope things stay on track from here. Until Bill248 told me 5.8 is the number for coco, I have religiously kept PH at that level. However, before that I was just keeping it between 5.5 and 6.5 range. So, I think I did cause a little burn issue. Thanks again for your expertise.

yes the damage certainly looks like ph.

Back
Top Bottom