Hot pepper seed planting

I've got mine in half litre pots right now, it'll be a month until they go outside. By then they should be in one gallon pots and getting ready to transplant.
They'll be in my basement until then, I don't have a greenhouse, lol.

We got sucker punched by a low 20's night a few nights ago. I wiped out all my tomatoes, most of my basil, and some of my peppers. They were all container plants outside. I did take two basil and put them in the grow room under the lights; I think they doubled in size overnight! I've got a Kratky hydro setup with 4 different lettuces, and a couple different tomatoes. I added a heavy, clear plastic roof over them and the survived without any stress. I also have lettuce in the super soil next to the hydro box; they are 1/20th the size of the hydro lettuce. I'm using Master Blend nutes.

I got up this morning and looked out the window to see a squirrel digging in the lawn with one of these in his mouth!
A few minutes ago I went out there to check on the plants, and I found one half buried under Lucille!
I checked my habanero plants, and these aren't mine!
IMG_2022-07-27-11-45-50-340~2.jpg

Nice looking serranos. I let mine go full red. Probably time to finally harvest them and free up the 5 gallon bucket they share with a red bell.

Back
Top Bottom