Need a diagnosis

dstruktvbayc

Hi, everyone im a new member well today actually and this is my first post ive been smoking for about ten years. Ive grown 4 outdoor crops with varying results 4 grows in my bloombox, and am about to fire a room up with a 1000w hps. Anyways ive pretty much just been a consumer which was fine up until about 3 years ago when it seems overnight any prime bud has been far and few between and scwag seems to be your only choice. Which is why ive recently been gettin fairly serious about quality im using a full line of advanced nutrients ferts absolutely everything except budfactor x well everything but nutrients that are similar to eachother or overlap like bud blood and bud ignitor. this year for my outdoor grow im growing 5 dutch passion masterkush and am in week six of nine in the flowering stage theyre in 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottom my grow medium consists of 3 parts sunshine mix and 2 parts coco coir with some dolomite lime to balance ph. 4 plants are about 7.5 feet tall with one about 6 feet taking its pheno from the hindu kush while the other 4 are more skunk i think. Anyway about 2 to 3 weeks ago i started noticing brownish-whitish spots about a quarter inch across (roughly) they look like they spiral or are concentric rings that eventually yellow the fan leaves and kill them off. I havent noticed any pests other than a couple big ass spiders some little spiders and these red and lime green bugs about a quarter to a half inch long not sure if these little bastards are doing the damage or if its a lockout or deficiency i run my ph around 6.2 when i mix up my nutes my ppm is within all ranges for the week of growth and stage never going over 2000 ppm highest was last week at 1780. I've noticed the ends of the affected leaves go brown and curl up only like an eighth of an inch and this week the affected fan leaves have started to twist up and then over themselves. Only about 10 to 15% of the fan leaves are affected usually only older bigger fan leaves others are untouched. Sorry to drag this out so long any feedback would be appreciated. I know this site contains many growers levels above me and im always out to learn anything i can. Thanks guys: 439:

:welcome:

Welcome to the forums, very detailed post, but its very difficult to tell what the problem looks like, would you be able to post a picture? it would help greatly

To me the curling of the tips seems like they may be under heat stress, so they dry up and twist and curl, but im not sure of what the temperatures are in your area.

Also check out these couple sticky's if you havent already, they are very helpful!

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

;)

hey guys got a pic of what the spots look like gonna post it right now if anyone can tell me what it is or what is causing it it would be greatly appreciated.
2010_0823justin0018.JPG
:tokin:

how often to you water, and what size pot are you using?

what soil did you start with?

what nutrients are you using?

hey guys sorry it took me so long to get back damn midnight shifts neway i started with premier sunshine mix at 3 parts and 2 parts coco coir they are in 5 gallon pots and i was feeding them 2 litres of nute mix 1 day a weak and if it needed id give them another 2 litres each halfway thru the week of straight ph water until the second week of blo0m then i upped both to 4 litres usually 4 was good for the week because up until a bout a week ago it rained like 4 days a week. and im using a full line of advanced nutrients organics and synthetics ppm was never over 1800.

hey guys heres a pic of one of my buds last week or two weeks ago i cant remember they have a lot more triches now and some of the hairs have started to turn purple lookin tasty cant wait o any word on those brownish white spots yet anyone? thanks again :tokin::thumb:
2010_0826justin0003.JPG

hey guys sorry it took me so long to get back damn midnight shifts neway i started with premier sunshine mix at 3 parts and 2 parts coco coir they are in 5 gallon pots and i was feeding them 2 litres of nute mix 1 day a weak and if it needed id give them another 2 litres each halfway thru the week of straight ph water until the second week of blo0m then i upped both to 4 litres usually 4 was good for the week because up until a bout a week ago it rained like 4 days a week. and im using a full line of advanced nutrients organics and synthetics ppm was never over 1800.

sounds great, my friend; just one thing Coco can be very wet. Only water when it is dry:
feel the weight of the pot as well as put your finger into the medium and whenn it feels dry at a depth of around 2 to 3 inches then water, but not before.

The roots need oxygen to stay healthy and absorb nutrients. Cannabis roots can not stand being wet all the time, nor can they completely dry out, but are very happy being moist. This is especially the case during flowering as the plants need to absorb large amounts of calcium, magnesium and other elements.'
keep us posted
good luck
and may your plants bloom beautifully

hey guys heres a pic of one of my buds last week or two weeks ago i cant remember they have a lot more triches now and some of the hairs have started to turn purple lookin tasty cant wait o any word on those brownish white spots yet anyone? thanks again

I am not sure, do you have a better picture? where mainly is this happening on the plant?
are your plants outdoors? have you checked for pests?

what soil are u using?

how often do you water?

do you use tap water?
is your local water hard or soft?
happy growing, and yiour buds look very tasty;
happy harvest

hey guys back again, the spots or more prevalent on the older bigger fan leaves but they are on the newer ones too not on the newest if that makes sense. they are outdoors and I havent noticed any pests other than normal ones that won't affect them. I've looked with a 5x scope and can't see thrips or mites either. I'm using Premier sunshine mix from walmart mixed at 3 parts with 2 parts coco coir and i fed 2l of nutes once a week and 2l of ph water once a week if they needed it we had a really wet september but the plants never looked overwatered and most times it could be raining pretty hard and i would go out to check them in case of wind damage the soil in the buckets would still look dry on top while it was pouring so im not sure if it was an overwatering problem and my nutes were obviously getting flushed regularly but i almost wonder if they got flushed too often they were in 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in the bottom. Oh and i have been mixing hydrogen peroxide to boost my waters o2 levels at 3ml a litre any help would still be appreciated neway here is a pic of my masterkush about 3 days away from being cut down. tell me what ya think.

I have nothing else to add that hasn't already been examined in this thread, except to say that, since you are so close to harvest, the hell w/the problem if it's not affecting your beautiful flowers.
I hate when I don't get to find out what the exact problem is w/a thing but, at least you are gonna get a harvest out of it... something to be thankful for!
Greetz from So. Oreganja!

Dont thinks so we had a wet season and the problem just showed up near cut down since I got away from Walmart coco no more probs just made the most sense to me but I could be wrong this years outdoor is problem free so I'm happy bout that anyways

Back
Top Bottom