Need expert help on yellowing/brownish leaves! Help!

Trip420

Hello everyone this is my first grow with a proper room just not sure on how to feed plants nutes so i went with the lazy way that might bite me in the behind when it comes to harvest. So i bought PRO-MIX potting soil with micro nutes in the soil that feed my plants and planted my Black Indica's in that so all iv'e been doing is watering every 6-7 days but now i notice yellowing/brownish cracking dry bottom leaves all new growth look health iv'e looked for pest with a magnify glass and cant find any so im wondering if its not even nutes or nute burn i have organic plant food but have not used any yet. HERE'S PICS (Also i dont really want to flush my plants because im indoor and under one Mars 2 400w LED so it takes like a week to dry out the pots) IF ANYONE COULD LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IS THE PROBLEM THANKS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT (SORRY FOR SIDEWAYS PHOTOS)
2015-09-21_23_59_21.jpg
2015-09-21_23_59_16.jpg
2015-09-21_23_59_47.jpg
2015-09-21_23_59_37.jpg

PLEASE I NEED EXPERT HELP TO LET ME KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!!

It could be a couple things. Looks like a pH issue to me though. Have you tested the pH of the run off water. Have you tested the pH of your feed water?

It could be a couple things. Looks like a pH issue to me though. Have you tested the pH of the run off water. Have you tested the pH of your feed water?

How do i check that with a test kit..? iv never tested my water i just use tap water and let it sit for 24hours.

How do i check that with a test kit..? iv never tested my water i just use tap water and let it sit for 24hours.

There are usually directions on any test kit you buy. Best to use those. Sometimes it's not so important to check the pH of your feed water/run off with organic soils, but, in your case, I think I would at least check the run off. If it's high (which I think it might be), then you might want to start adjusting the pH of your feed water down to around 6.2-6.5 and see if it helps.

Hello everyone this is my first grow with a proper room just not sure on how to feed plants nutes so i went with the lazy way that might bite me in the behind when it comes to harvest. So i bought PRO-MIX potting soil with micro nutes in the soil that feed my plants and planted my Black Indica's in that so all iv'e been doing is watering every 6-7 days but now i notice yellowing/brownish cracking dry bottom leaves all new growth look health iv'e looked for pest with a magnify glass and cant find any so im wondering if its not even nutes or nute burn i have organic plant food but have not used any yet. HERE'S PICS (Also i dont really want to flush my plants because im indoor and under one Mars 2 400w LED so it takes like a week to dry out the pots) IF ANYONE COULD LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK IS THE PROBLEM THANKS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT (SORRY FOR SIDEWAYS PHOTOS)
2015-09-21_23_59_16.jpg
2015-09-21_23_59_37.jpg

PLEASE I NEED EXPERT HELP TO LET ME KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!!

I think it might be a soil pH issue followed by Phosporous deficiency and maybe nitrogen deficiency as well. See below.

image33256.jpg
image33257.jpg

Any progress update so far on what happened ?

I think it might be a soil pH issue followed by Phosporous deficiency and maybe nitrogen deficiency as well. See below.

image33256.jpg
image33257.jpg

Any progress update so far on what happened ?

I think its a Ph / Soil problem since the soil has micro nutes in it i need to buy better soil and ph test kit also need to start actually feeding with the Organic Nutes i bought. what should the feeding schedule be every 3 waters. . . also should i use distilled water..?

You will definitely want to check out this detailed info and solution to Phosphorous deficiencies revolving around incorrect pH and a few others things. Check out some top sites , I'm just working on a more detailed response which is taking some time..

You will definitely want to check out this detailed info and solution to Phosphorous deficiencies revolving around incorrect pH and a few others things. Check out some top sites , I'm just working on a more detailed response which is taking some time..

Thanks desiBud420 im new to growing so its like riding a bike for me ill eventually figure it out but thanks for helping me i really appreciate everyones help on this forum. :thanks:

Also so how to i fix the phosphorous def i have a whole box of organic plant food with bio growth bio bloom so do i need to add any of that because i have not feed my plant all i have done is let the nutes in the soil do the work one black indica looks good other not so much.

Im generating another detailed response after looking up some more stuff, but after seeing Bio bloom you mentioned has NPK of 2-7-4, at this point I would give your plant a dash of bio bloom. Start with only 1/4 teaspoon. im not sure what size pot you have there.. 1 Gal, 2 Gal? I went too careful maybe on mothering my black indica using 1/4 tsp in 2 quarts tap water, but i prefer to use a lower nute dose to feed than a higher one and send it off on another track of nute burn and other issues. My nute and water pH was roughly @ pH 6-7 normally. I used pH strips, not that great, ive ordered a pH tester for more accurate results even though they are a hassle to calibrate and you need its calibration solution each time, its worth knowing every 0.1 difference of pH to give you a razor sharp edge in diagnosing and ensuring your plants get the right pH of the water+nute, the soil, and the run off when you feed your plant with nute+water that comes out the bottom through drainage.

Since its showing Phosphorous deficiency and MAYBE some pH related issues then , wait... hmmm..... It just occurred to me that if your plants have been treated the same generally then theyre all suffering the same deficiences (if theyre all the same strain) AND there is a soil pH imbalance, then they arent getting much of anything. Soil pH imbalances I think are the primary culprit in initial grows. If that goes off it locks out nutrient intake at various pH levels. Hydro has its own, soil has its own. See the diagram I found and use myself.

Photo_28-08-2015_8_40_08_am.gif

And heres a mess of pH strips (only half shown) that I used to test feed pH and run off pH and at one point lemon and battery acid because I thought the readings were too similar from the plants that I had to test something to see if these strips even worked. They do, but not as well as I would have like them to.

image33266.jpg

And also if you do go down the pH strip/test kits route, keep this info as well. I had no clue what the 4 squares measured and meant the same thing, BUT each square represents Hardness, pH, Total Alkalinity, Total chlorine, Free chlorine (if yours comes with a 5th square on pH strips. Mine has only 4 squares as above)

image33264.jpg

Quickly coming back to what I think would be the best way to solve this is check your soils pH, and water run off pH as someone earlier suggested as well. Once you know the pH its currently sitting at, you can see whether a pH imbalance is creating a "Nutrient uptake lock" and not letting the Phosphorous from your soil nutes get in. If its a pH imbalance creating a nutrient lock, you need only adjust the feed pH and things should come back to normal without having to use Bio Bloom for now. View the charts and diagrams I posted to see where your plant falls on the pH scale. If its a pH issue, you just need to balance your soils pH by adjusting your waters pH before watering. For example
If this is not a pH issue and its purely Phosphorous deficiency then you can give it a 1/4 mix of Bio bloom that you have of NPK 2-7-4 and hopefully it should recover. Go with increments of nute concentration, dont be impatient and jump from 1/4 tsp to full. See how the plant responds and go accordingly. I often freak out at times that im doomed, but so many growers have said and I back them up by saying that these are weeds, and they can bounce back really nicely if you diagnose and treat your plants correctly.
This is how I would do it anyways, I welcome anyone elses opinions to countering this specific situation you have here.

I think giving them bio bloom as a last resort if you have no pH testing devices/strips, then go for it. If its going to go towards death/disaster then might as well make it a 'calculated decision' rather than a completely hopeless one. There might be a chance/hope that you treat it in the correct order and your plants bounce back. I hope they do.

I'll try to be back soon with something more..in the meantime do look up some pH testers. Amazon has a few that come with calibration solution for like $19.99. Go for it. Im also interested in getting a PPM (Parts Per Million reader) to see how dense my tap water is, and what happens when I mix nutes of varying teaspoons, etc.. just so I have more control over my plants feeds and its overall well-being at any stage of the grow.

Correction on the image showing 5 squares and not 4. The image showing is accurate for strips that have 5 squares. My colors dont match to the image, and have only 4 squares so mine might mean something in a different color order. but if you have strips similar to the ones in the last image youre in luck!

Mr.Bushmen. I've seen some of your suggestions. They may be hard to follow for me, but I get the jist of it and your advice seems good.

I would like to ask you if my method of diagnosis is best for Trip to resolve step-by-step in an orderly and systematic fashion or is something off about my suggestion? It only makes sense to check pH imbalance first, and then that should determine whether Trip needs to add Bio bloom or just let the soil nutes take control again once pH is balanced..?

My black indica grow or Trips?

btw, You have a very interesting response style. You're like the Steven Hawkings for cannabis, in some strange and mysterious way.

Hello. Oki hhh
N-P-K. DAT ist onli base food for weg start ist 0.8 ec + extra micro layck fe.CA. calcium

Iron ..mg magnesium ..b. Bor ...Z. Zink ...mn momibden ...s sufar very important for weg

Rest food ist exta (ADYTIW). EXTRA BLOOM. 54-34 PK. SILICONE ......AMINO ....shouting powder ....OR. STARCH WITH MONO GLUCOSE ...MALLASA

Mr.Bushmen. I've seen some of your suggestions. They may be hard to follow for me, but I get the jist of it and your advice seems good.

I would like to ask you if my method of diagnosis is best for Trip to resolve step-by-step in an orderly and systematic fashion or is something off about my suggestion? It only makes sense to check pH imbalance first, and then that should determine whether Trip needs to add Bio bloom or just let the soil nutes take control again once pH is balanced..?

No more Mr....... Normal bushmen please

Yes like desiBud420 said i get the jist just cant really follow Mr.bushmen but thanks for the info and help. Also desiBud is this a ph meter..?Accessories

Back
Top Bottom