Need help w ebb and gro and sick plants

madkon

I have a few plants that I cant tell if there is a calcium or maganese deficiency. How often should I water? Should I flush for a few days to try and clear up? 1st two waterings my ph was at 2.5 due to a bad ph pen, I fixed the problem and have my ph at 5.8 constant... should the problem clear up on its own?

Im taking my chances with STG deluge inserts... I am new to the ebb system I have always used a table system w top feed watering schedule (using rockwool)... I am 2 weeks in... Isnt 6-8 a lot of floods? 15 min or 30 min... 18 buckets. I am not able to post pics yet so thats gonna make it hard to trouble shoot. It looks like either a maganese or calcium issue... or maybe im just not watering enough

Hey there madkon. I am also using ebb and flow. Was overwatering like made to begin with, a common newbie mistake, so I hear.
Assuming that the light schedule is 18/6 this is what I do.
6 times a day for 5 minutes, I was at 15 minutes each cycle but a local dude told me to cut it back and it has helped a ton.
Hope this helps and happy ebb and grow!!!!!

Is this your setup?

I did the STG also. You can back it down to 4 floods x 15 mins for 24 hours. Once your plants take off, then you can increase this to 6 flood times, eventually I finished up with 8x /24 hours.

As you mentioned, your PH was off which I'm sure was locking out nutes to your plants. Once stabilized, you should notice new growth that looks good.

My journal is an ebb-n-grow, with STG inserts. I've since finished, but if you want to take a look in my sig, you may find some other hints and tips the first couple of pages.

:peace:
Sf.

yes that is basicly my set up.. Im gonna go back to 3 a days at 15 min and see what happens. My leaves are still getting that burned look to them... Starting to regret the ebb, wish I would have just stayed w my table system... Any suggestions how to upload pics? Also how do i find your journal? I am using House & Garden (first time) and also my own recipe (2 reservoirs & 2 control pumps).. Any other H&G users out there? I started week 1 aggresive but i have backed down to normal feedings till I get my issues resolved. What was your opinion w the STG???

Madkon, sorry didnt realize what you had there, you gotta obviously take Stinkfinger's words of wisdom, he is the stuff!:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom