Need help with some growing.

comymax

I am currently growing 5 plants under a 600w light. My plants were growing good until some leaves started to spiral when they r coming out. I don't know what the problem is. I measured the ph level and of the soil. They were a little off but i fixed it up and its still happening. Whats the problem?

a picture would be a lot of help.

how big are the plants? are the leafs straightening out after a few days or are they staying curled up? can you describe what you mean by curling?

plants are about 30 days away from flowering, they are kinda large they r getting there. They curl right up to a little ball when they sprout from the stem. And some other leafs kinda spiral when they grow and looked fucked up. I have photos on my iphone will upload them when i can figure how to do it.

yes they r clones, the light is like a foot and a half maybe more away from the plants the new growth seemed right but i found another fuck up.

IMG_00198.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/IMG_00187.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/IMG_00178.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/IMG_00169.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/IMG_00157.JPG
https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/IMG_00116.JPG

if i understand correctly. it sounds like it could be stressed a little. i personally haven't dealt with this, but think i remember reading about stress causing this.

what is the temp in the room? i need to run out for a bit, but i will dig on the net when i get home, see if i can refresh my memory. of course if someone else doesn't hit the nail on the head first.

if i am way off someone tell me please.

well they were in kinda small pots and very shity soil. i changed the soil and and bigger pots and i am assuming the roots haven't hit the new soil yet. but they were looking kinda better this morning will give it more time.

OK bro.. ill try and help out but ya gotta help me help u lol

what kinda soil did you transplant them into?.. also are your ice cream gallons clear? if so you might want to get some reflective foil tape($9.99 @ HD) and line the outside.. plants love light but roots dont..

second im going to guess that the deformed leaf is probably coming from a ph issue...

i would suggest buying a cheapp ph tester pen
Milkwalkee makes really good and decent priced ones that you can get for $20 shipped..

i would also recommend some dolomite lime, it will stabalize the soil of your ph.. and its cheap its about $6 for a couple pounds of it..

you can definitly still turn this grow around so keep hope and dont get too discouraged :)

i ran into a similar situation with some of my clones. i took them after the mother was flowering (alot) and they had grown some weird leaves like that while i was re-veggin them. after i switched back to 12/12 with them the problem stopped and i trimmed the deformed leaves off.

ph problems in the soil probably aren't to blame since it's just a few leaves on a few branches, unless it's just in a small area of the container thats affected,which is possable.

temp issues would be the same. you would see more leaves affected, starting at the top usually.

give it a few days to see how they progress. i'll keep an eye on them with you, but they should sort themselves out on their own.

i think its something to do with how the roots form on the clones that is causing it.

yah i agree nbk except when revegging plants they usually have a singular leaf lookin deformity thats temporary.. they will look something like basil leaves...

if his new growth is spiraling it could still be the ph, remember with soil, the advantage is a mistake wont kill ur plant or be as detrimental as in hydro but the recovery can also be as slow.. he could have corrected the ph but not see improvement for a week... so i wouldnt rule out the ph jus yet lol....

those leaves that are curled already will probably never look normal, but as long as the new growth doesnt come out curled, the issue is probably resolved :)

good luck :surf:

i've been going through the plant abuse chart (in my signature line) and all i can find that fits the situation points to the immobile elements (copper, boron, etc.) being out of wack. ya'll might check that out when you get a chance to see what you think. the section on that is at the bottom of the page. the ph could be locking out nutes but the pic's i saw didn't have anything that said 'ph problem' was the only factor. hopefully it is something simple like ph, but it's most likely a combo of issues. we'll just have to keep eyes on it and hope for them stabalize.

also FYI: i got a soil ph tester i got at the local nursery for $6 that doesn't need batteries and works great. 'hot spots' are still possible though so you gotta mix the soil well and water/feed evenly.

for what it's worth, i hope this helps some. this was a tough one and i can't wait to see how it gets resolved. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom