Need help with sound proofing a door/wall.

luxx

Hey, the closet door on the room i use for flowering needs some soundproofing, cant have company saying, "you got a generator in there?" I dont even want people looking in that direction, but the room is on the other side of the bathroom.

What would be a cheap and effective way to soundproof, without placing layers of thick foam?

The room is fairly air proof, and the only noises are the wooshing sound of air coming from the cooltube. I purchased a fan speed controller, since the fan is overkill for my room.

Will turning the fan down be enough ?
Will the air pump i get for dwc be loud enough to hear through a door/wall?

How would i soundproof the intake?

Answer as many, or as few as you would like. Thanks for reading.:thanks:

Hey, the closet door on the room i use for flowering needs some soundproofing, cant have company saying, "you got a generator in there?" I dont even want people looking in that direction, but the room is on the other side of the bathroom.

What would be a cheap and effective way to soundproof, without placing layers of thick foam?

The room is fairly air proof, and the only noises are the wooshing sound of air coming from the cooltube. I purchased a fan speed controller, since the fan is overkill for my room.

Will turning the fan down be enough ?
Will the air pump i get for dwc be loud enough to hear through a door/wall?

How would i soundproof the intake?

Answer as many, or as few as you would like. Thanks for reading.:thanks:

A cheap sound proofing method is big pieces of cardboard with egg carton flats glued to it. Then walls or a box is set up so the cardboard egg flat walls or box wont touch the real walls... A box in a box lined with egg flats... It would be a PITA to cover with panda film or mylar however...

As for the air pump I went with a 600 gph first... Holy hell sounded like a 747 taking off in my room:yikes: Took that one back and traded it for 2 71gph and they are like little church mice... :grinjoint: Hope this helps :peace:

I used to live in an apartment when I was young and we loved our LOUD music. One of my room mates covered the wall with Carpet Padding, and then with the square egg cartons that held 18 eggs. he painted half of them black and it looked good too. But it WORKED GREAT.

I think it is possible to not have to do that tho. My little 185 gph Dual Whisperer pumps hand suspeneded and make no noticable noise at all.

i had a situation very similar to this the first time I grew at home. I put a regular household air filter in the bedroom where the grow closet was. The noise was coming from the filter covered up all the sounds coming from the grow closet. Anyone that came over just saw I had an air filter going and didn't think twice of it. This didn't address the actual problem of sound proofing but was an easy and cheap solution at the time. good luck

Back
Top Bottom