Neoprene collars

AZ007

Waddup guys, was just wondering if anyone here ever started their seedlings straight on a neoprene collar?. Like if i was to start a seed on a neoprene collar, would it germinate, and just grow that way? Usually i start in soil, then when it comes out i transplant to the neoprene collar. But if i could just start them right away on neoprene collars that would save me a step u know what i mean.. Thx.

i think it would need some practice to get right (such as do you place it at the top of the hole ur the bottom or whether you germinate first soilless till there is visible stem and insert it then) but is entirely doable. =)

I was thinking to place it on the bottom of the collar, and just run the airstone..i wonder if the bubbles will be sufficient to make it crack and germinate..and if at that point the water should be warmer rather than cold? Hmm..? :roorrip:

whenever i use an external germ method such as dark cup of water or tissue on a plate, i find 25-27C offers the best germination rates.

i would place the seed tap root down about 2mm beneath the top of the collar and just use a dropper to wet the seed regularly.
i figure that the seed will crack and the tap root will want to travel downwards, the pressure of te seed on the collar should create a small zone of less pressure exactly where the tap wants to push down, it will push down for a bit and then the resistance below the tap will be a little greater than the pressure above the seed creating hopefully just the right equilibrium to the allow the seedhead to push above. at this point you may need to help the plant as it may push itself out of the collar. maybe even attach a 2nd collar to the stem above the first gently to add counter weight.

i dont see the need at this age for you to be running your operation at operating speed. the collars could simply be sat over a solo cup to establish a bit and you can just spray the tap every now and then almost as if its airoponic. let it get enough roots to benefit from the water culture before you need to waste the energy to provide it.
=)

whenever i use an external germ method such as dark cup of water or tissue on a plate, i find 25-27C offers the best germination rates.

i would place the seed tap root down about 2mm beneath the top of the collar and just use a dropper to wet the seed regularly.
i figure that the seed will crack and the tap root will want to travel downwards, the pressure of te seed on the collar should create a small zone of less pressure exactly where the tap wants to push down, it will push down for a bit and then the resistance below the tap will be a little greater than the pressure above the seed creating hopefully just the right equilibrium to the allow the seedhead to push above. at this point you may need to help the plant as it may push itself out of the collar. maybe even attach a 2nd collar to the stem above the first gently to add counter weight.

i dont see the need at this age for you to be running your operation at operating speed. the collars could simply be sat over a solo cup to establish a bit and you can just spray the tap every now and then almost as if its airoponic. let it get enough roots to benefit from the water culture before you need to waste the energy to provide it.
=)

Next time ill try it the way u said it, but the way i did wasnt too different from how ur telling me to do. Instead of placing the seed up on top, i placed it on the bottom, and it was sitting on a plate full of water, just floating there, so the seed was actually touching the water, it cracked open in less than 2 days time, but then it didnt grow any further, i was like wtf? lol. So i did it the way i know how to, i took it out of the collar and put em in cups of dirt, and in less than 2 days more the plant was already out.
2013-07-24_18_53_13.jpeg

2013-07-25_09_10_10.jpeg

No stress whatsoever.
Im hoping for a nice huge bushy plant, its a sativa strain, i want a day time smoke ;)

By the way i made those collars out of swimming noddles lol, fuck paying expensive prices for them.

Back
Top Bottom