New 3,000,000 L.E.D. grow light unvieled

labexperiment

So I have been wanting to grow under L.E.D. for some time now, and I was really high the other day and had the best stupidest idea ever. I could use my 42inch Samsung L.E.D monitor and put it on screen saver with a blue screen and a red ball bouncing through the blue and thought maybe I could veg under my monitor if I hung it up.

I was really stoned and thought it was one of my best stupid ideas ever and wanted to share it.

I don't know if the Samsung 42 inch has 3 million L.E.D.s it was an arbitrary number.

This maybe is not a Frequently Asked Question but was not sure where to post it.

Hope everyone enjoyed a good laugh.

Bit off topic but How many lumens does each bulb have within a LED grow light you can buy a bag of led's and capacitors from China for about a tenner, make your own at the fraction of the cost.....I'm looking into it myself now, I made some 6" car headlights myself out of led's I'm sure I could upscale it test the needed wattage and get my uncle to help me rig it up( he fixes and builds life support machines)

As I understand it, the main issue with LED light design is power consumption and heat dissipation. WIthout the proper levels of both, the diodes will not create the proper light intensity and still last the typical 100,000 hours stated on most LED lights these days. The smaller numer of diodes, the easier it is to properly design and build an LED light. With the number of diodes contained in these grow lights, you have a pretty complicated setup that looks easier than it actually is IMHO.

I agree with the number Of diodes thing my car lights looked awful on the back with the light diode light diode ect ect. I have left over equipment but I don't think the red bulbs are the right intensity.

Back
Top Bottom