New EBB and GROW grower in need of help

NewGrower1

I have a few questions in regards to my grow. I am a complete NUBE and will not give up on this so please dont mind if my questions sound dumb. I am starting from seed and am going to use a 12 pot ebb and grow system. I have put the seeds in PH balanced water today. I will be putting the seeds after they crack into rapid rooter plugs. After I place them into the rapid rooter plugs, should I put them under my 400 watt MH light? 18/6? How many inches away? Watering schedule? And how long should I keep them under the MH light before I transfer them into the flowering room under the HPS light? Do I keep them in the little rapid rooter plug trays trought veg cycle? What do I transfer them into before flower? Or do I just transfer them into the 2 gal buckets filled with hydroton and move my MH light over them?

I have a few questions in regards to my grow. I am a complete NUBE and will not give up on this so please dont mind if my questions sound dumb. I am starting from seed and am going to use a 12 pot ebb and grow system. I have put the seeds in PH balanced water today. Don't need to ph the water to crack seeds.I will be putting the seeds after they crack into rapid rooter plugs. After I place them into the rapid rooter plugs, should I put them under my 400 watt MH light? If thats what your going to use, that's ok although fluros would do.18/6? I like to keep seedlings in a dome for about a week and if having the lights on 24hr will keep the temps constant then I would do that.How many inches away? With a vertical light it doesn't really matter especially if your using the dome but any time you want to test if your lighs to close just hold your hand under it for a good minute as heat stress builds up. If it's ok for you its ok for your girl.Watering schedule?Kepp it moist but not saturated and whatever you do dont let it dry out. NO nutes for 1 week and then at half stregnth. And how long should I keep them under the MH light before I transfer them into the flowering room under the HPS light? Your starting from seed so a plant needs to mature at least 5 weeks. Do I keep them in the little rapid rooter plug trays trought veg cycle? yepWhat do I transfer them into before flower? Or do I just transfer them into the 2 gal buckets filled with hydroton and move my MH light over them?exactly, you want to give them roots room to grow.

Lots of help here too....Hydroponic Gardening - 420 Magazine

welcome to the BucketHeads!
no questions are dumb bro
400w MH is great to start with. 24 hrs..how long you gonna veg them?
if more than a week then.......
you can just start them right under the HPS
Ive started seeds out many ways...yes you can just put the rooter plugs into the hydoton.
make sure you put them deep enuf in the media but not so deep that it floods over the plug. You want the depth of the water to be close to the plug...1/2" or so....no nutes at all for the 1st few days....the tap roots will grow really quickly in just a couple days.
flood 6-8 times for 15 mins...day or night...even schedule.
after 1 week go 600-700 ppm
add 200-300 per week
what size HPS? vented or not

Hopefully someone won't tell ya to go look it up on line if you need help someday...lol...besides many will tell you there are many ED's here...lol

I hear you Ledtester but when time is of the essence that book can be your best freind!!! lol besides you took it wrong I was simply making a suggestion that im sure many people would agree with.

welcome to the BucketHeads!
no questions are dumb bro
400w MH is great to start with. 24 hrs..how long you gonna veg them?
if more than a week then.......
you can just start them right under the HPS
Ive started seeds out many ways...yes you can just put the rooter plugs into the hydoton.
make sure you put them deep enuf in the media but not so deep that it floods over the plug. You want the depth of the water to be close to the plug...1/2" or so....no nutes at all for the 1st few days....the tap roots will grow really quickly in just a couple days.
flood 6-8 times for 15 mins...day or night...even schedule.
after 1 week go 600-700 ppm
add 200-300 per week
what size HPS? vented or not

I'm seeing tap roots tonight. I'm going to transplant them into the rapid rooter tomorrow morning.size of the HPS is 1k watt vented and it has a glass enclosure. Hortilux bulb. Thanks for the advice PV! I have read alot of your journal and it inspires me not to quit!! I'm going to start a journal soon! Please stay tuned. All the help is greatly appreciated as like I said before, I'm a serious NEWBIE!!

I hear you Ledtester but when time is of the essence that book can be your best freind!!! lol besides you took it wrong I was simply making a suggestion that im sure many people would agree with.

Maybe you didn't hear me laugh, since you could say go by a book to anyone asking a question here...lol...google is your best friend bro...LOL

Back
Top Bottom