New Grow: Nicole Kush x Moroccan

Here's some more pics. Looks to be flowering pretty good
420-magazine-mobile1051615156.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2035136843.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1799826280.jpg

.Live , love , grow.

She's looking pretty decent, what are the odors coming from the plant? The smell without touching and/or the smell of the resin?

The odor that I get is earthy. I'm thinking it may be from the soil and fertilizer. How ever when I smell / touch the buds they smell earthy , citrusy and they are very sticky

.Live , love , grow.

Thanks. I'm going to give her about 2 /3 more weeks. The trichomes are still white haven't started turning amber yet. Can't wait!

Hmm, I was going to say maybe add a week to that estimate as the Nicole Kush, on DNA Genetics website, is described as having an 8-9 week flowering time, but who knows about that Moroccan, it's probably a short or average flowering time (45-63 days) from what I've read about Moroccan strains.

During the day it's roughly 88/89 humidity 19/20 percent. At night it gets to 70s humidity higher

.Live , love , grow.

During the day it's roughly 88/89 humidity 19/20 percent. At night it gets to 70s humidity higher

.Live , love , grow.

Geez, that's a pretty low humidity, 35-40% would probably be a more ideal humidity. To be honest, the plant looks a little bit raggedy. I also notice some possible nutrient deficiencies and/or lockout, though that might also just be mostly a consequence of early over-fertilization.

What kind of water do you use? Do you pH your water? Does your soil contain liming agents (e.g. dolomitic limestone, hydrated lime, oyster shell)? I find it really helps if you know what's in your soil so you can amend it if need be, but I know that information isn't always available, unfortunately.

Funny. I've heard different and gotten different opinions from established growers. Too much humidity will cause mold.
I haven't seen any of your grows. Hmm.

.Live , love , grow.

Funny. I've heard different and gotten different opinions from established growers. Too much humidity will cause mold.
I haven't seen any of your grows. Hmm.
I'll admit, I'm no expert grower myself at all and I don't have all I need to be one, I'm constantly learning and having to wade nipple deep through all the BS people like to put out as fact/good ideas. I didn't mean to seem know-it-all-y or to make it seem like you are poor grower or anything. I do notice you didn't actually address most of my post, only kind of addressed the humidity part. Hmmm.

If you wanted to go that route, all advice, "established growers" included, suggests a humidity of no lower than 40% usually, in reality (usually 50%, actually, to be honest), even for the densest and biggest buds. I could see needing a lower humidity if you like watering a lot needlessly or don't have much air flow/circulation/exhaust (something an expert grower would tell you is essential to happy, healthy plants is GOOD air exchange, anyways). I suggested a more happy medium between your current humidity and the actual ideal humidity, not knowing of all the other possible factors that go in to your grow. Unless you're humidity meter reads 10-20% too low, I've absolutely never heard of such a humidity being recommended, unless you have no practical way of increasing the humidity or allowing the humidity to stay higher than you have it.

You're using FF nutrients, which, if it's the bottled line, is mostly synthetic. The lower the humidity, the quicker the soil dries out, the quicker the PPM raises. Cannabis does not like wild shifts between salt concentrations, especially synthetic salts. If you don't test the pH of your water before and when you add FF nutrients, you're probably making the solution too acidic, as well. Acidity or alkalinity of the soil (very likely over-acidity in your case, especially if there is little to no liming agents, still no word one way or the other) changes with the increase in PPM due to low humidity, which causes various nutrient lockouts and binding.

Like, did someone tell you 20% humidity was good/okay, or did somebody tell you (too much) humidity will cause mold?

If it was the latter, I'm pretty sure they don't mean 35-40% will cause mold.
As someone who grows in what is usually at least ~50% humidity inside for over 5 years, I can tell you that I've never gotten mold inside. To be fair, I have a fan trained on my plants near constantly, so that helps for sure.

Well I guess. That's good info. I was under the impression not to have things too hunks in the tent. I water every 2/3days 5gal bucket with about 2/3 gallons of water and molasses until run off.
I'm giving the plant roughly another 2weeks before I harvest. I'm not sure how much increasing the humidity will change things now.

.Live , love , grow.

Back
Top Bottom