New grower flush & harvest question - Photos

HardCast

Quick summary; This is my first attempt to grow. I am growing 2 Cannatonic and 1 CBD Therapy in DWC. I am ending week 6 of flower and I am a little concerned with the CBD. Flower time for this strain is suppose to be 8-9 weeks. I was planing on waiting until I see cloudy trichomes before flush but reading online regarding this issue, some say when the pistils turn amber and curl its time. My CBD has > than 50% curled amber pistils and yet the trichomes still look small and clear (to me) and the flowers are small and sparse. Now this is coming from a person who has never even seen a marijuana plant before but I am basing my views on photos that I have examined online. I would really appreciate some of you folks taking a look at my photos and letting me know what you think? Maybe it is normal for some strains to have curled amber pistils long before they are ready to harvest? I am really hoping that these plants will fill in much more before harvest time.

I realize that the photos are not very good. I took them with my iPhone through a magnifying lens - that is the best I can do. I hope they are good enough for you to see what you need to see.

TIA for your help and please ask anything about my grow that you would like - I could certainly use advice.

Photo #1: 3 plants; two in rear are Cannatonic (flower time is 11 weeks). The bottom of my light is at 7' (can't pull it up any higher) and the colas grew into the light so I had to pull them over to keep them from burning. Photo #2; CBD Therapy cola. Photo #3; CBD close up. Photo #4 Cannatonic cola and #5 is a close up of that cola.

IMG_108748.JPG
IMG_108456.JPG

IMG_108346.JPG
IMG_108540.JPG
IMG_108654.JPG

Re: New grower flush/harvest question (photos)

They look great

Now with CBD sooner is better, but I'd say at least another week
Do you have a loup to check tricomes?? If not I'd get one

The hairs look pretty long still but the one with the orange looks close...

For sure don't wait for Amber tricomes and be sure yer checking buds not leaves, leaves degrade/Amber much faster

Scorpio,
I checked out your journal - Very nice. Regarding a loupe; I have been using a magnifying glass but it does not work for my old eyes. I ordered a scope and it should be here tomorrow or the next day.

I am getting kind of nervous as harvest time approaches since I have a lot of time and energy invested in these three ladies. Two days ago, my plants looked really healthy to me. Today, one of the plants has lots of pale leaves. They turned that color in one day!? I still have several weeks to go with that strain so I hope it pulls through. I don't really understand this one since all three plants are using the same water and the roots on that plant are massive and healthy. I increased the nutes today because the plant looks malnourished. I hope this doesn't cause any problems with the other two since they look normal. Is it common for some plants to get pale leaves weeks before they are due?

Scorpio,
I checked out your journal - Very nice. Regarding a loupe; I have been using a magnifying glass but it does not work for my old eyes. I ordered a scope and it should be here tomorrow or the next day.

I am getting kind of nervous as harvest time approaches since I have a lot of time and energy invested in these three ladies. Two days ago, my plants looked really healthy to me. Today, one of the plants has lots of pale leaves. They turned that color in one day!? I still have several weeks to go with that strain so I hope it pulls through. I don't really understand this one since all three plants are using the same water and the roots on that plant are massive and healthy. I increased the nutes today because the plant looks malnourished. I hope this doesn't cause any problems with the other two since they look normal. Is it common for some plants to get pale leaves weeks before they are due?
Thanks...it is fun and a journey

Show some pics of the plants. At this stage they do start moving energy to buds away from leaves so some yellow/dead is normal

What nutes are u using?

Back
Top Bottom