New Grower- Need experienced opinions on my grow plan

Willko491

Ok, I am pretty new to growing. I am getting my crop in really late, so I and going to try some autos. I just ordered 5 feminized candy kush auto and 3 feminized Mexican airlines auto from herbies heashop. My plan is to germinate them in jiffy pods set into solo cups full of non-nutrient potting soil. I was thinking that I would keep them in a foil lined closet with a Hydroponic Full Spectrum CFL Grow Light Bulb 60 Watt Bulb 5500K over them until they are about 6 inches tall. Then I will be transplanting them to 5 gallon holes filled with miracle grow potting soil in my back yard. Is this plan ok or is there some easy fixes that experience could recommend? I am super excited to get something out of these. I grew a mex schwag seed 10 year ago but it turned out to be a hermie and it was full of seeds. I just got the idea last week to grow something so that is why I am going to try some autos being that I was very late to the party. I am planning on growing some non-autos next year when I can get them in the ground in may or so. Thanks in advance, I will be posting pics along the way.

Upon looking into this, I am going to scratch the MG. Gonna use a reg potting soil, mixed with a bit of cow manure and native soil (sandy loam). Another question- would it be of any advantage to bury the container in the ground ad leave the edge sticking up a few inches so that it could possibly prevent contaminants (slugs, invaders)??

I'm no expert, but the way I understand it is that you shouldn't use miracle grow at all. Not even sure why, but you might look into that before you do much more I could be wrong.=

They say don't use Miracle Grow because it contains GMO. Personally I've never had better results using anything else.

Schultz Potting Soil Plus retains too much water and just turns into moldy mud.

Not many people have had success with MG ,and most have had big problems- so wisest to skip it I think if you have options, and want to be safe. The pot rims elevated won't stop slugs, or help facilitate any of the things that do prevent slugs- but would make it easier to remove the plants in their pots should you have the need.

Back
Top Bottom