New grower needs help - Problem in bloom

odinsmaster

Ok i have been stepping up my nutes little by little, just upped it again today. While taking a peak after work i noticed these spots getting worse. Any advice would be great. If its nute burn should i flush it immediately? Thank you in advance.
20160916_184233.jpg
20160916_183726.jpg
20160916_183652.jpg
20160916_183644.jpg

It's not burn it is deficiency.

Calcium has really 3 looks and that is the least common looking one I think. But calcium def. is rarely due to a lack of calcium. It is usually due to an imbalance especially if you are in hydro.

If you are in hydro...can you provide your res size and the last 3 days of top off info and PPM and pH data? With 3 days you can figure out almost anything (which is why most hydro guys keep a log).

:goodluck:

You can't over do the calcium. So if you have it use it but no need to go overboard.

I grew up on well water and the dentists can't believe how hard and strong my teeth are. :)

In a good soil you don't need to worry about the pH much. It doesn't sound like yours is alive which fixes all that stuff. Not a big dealio just I find the easiest answer to many issues. Calcium is usually a sign of being out of balance which is the biggest benefit of running high microbial levels. Usually people just dump in excessive extra stuff of all sorts instead of fixing the problem. You are close to the end so you may just stick it out. Add the calcium and finish them off.

I want to be clear. I am saying that is a sign of deficiency but it is not likely the soil is deficient just it isn't mobile.

Doing a tub flush doesn't hurt but is a supper hassle and your issue isn't that bad. You should be able to correct this with improved watering.

But if you wanna go all nuclear...(this is for soil)

You put them in a tub a run the water through them for 15 minutes. At least. You really want it to run through until it is clear and keep running it a while longer and then some.

While that is going on pH a 5 gallon bucket with no nutes just clean water. Use that at the end for a final flush. You can add a number of things at that time after the final flush. I would add my tea but that is a bit advanced. But nothing too strong. You really only want to add side stuff like silica and calcium and microbes...but no macro nutes.

Wait a week then you can get back on schedule.

There are many off the shelf microbial products if you don't want to make your own that you can add instead to re-kick start that soil after the flush. Fresh home brew is the best however.

:Namaste:

Thanks for the info Villageidiot. I'm new to this so havent started in love soil or teas. But I do have my own Lil farm. So I have two different compost started, horse poo and chicken poo. Plan on doing an outside garden next year so got allot of studying to do.

Will add call mag next water. Again thank you.

Ok im a studier, so i have been reading a lot today lol. :nomo: From what i see, and what i have done, i think its mg deficiency. Like i said i have cal mag on hand, but i see that to much cal can cause lockout for the mag. With my hard well water their could be a lot of cal going in already. My question is, if to much cal is locking out the mag will feeding the cal mag plus even help? or would i be better off getting something else?

From villageidoit advice and Veinz advice from my journal, I'm not really worried about the plants the will make it threw to the end.
But i am a firm believer of learning from my mistakes, so I just want some more info and ideas for if i run to prevent or solve this problem in future grows. Thanks for any info.

Back
Top Bottom