New grower

420Blackout

Well this is the first time I've really tried growing. I currently have a diesel matic autoflower that my friend gave me. Its under a 600w led not sure if the grow rate is right, it's been a week and it's about a inch out of the ground.

Hi 420Blackout.

Welcome to 420 Magazine and the community that gathers here. :welcome:

Am I understanding that the 1 week is since a seed was planted or transplanted? If so, the height is not too far off the mark.

How far from the plant is your light? Is the 600 watts the actual draw of the light or the diode strength x number of diodes? (i.e. 120x5 watt diodes)

Welcome. If you give us a little more info and some pics we can help even more!!! Here is a link on how to upload photos. Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

If you are using an LED, make sure you supplement with Cal/Mag. I use 1t per gallon at each watering. If you have questions, feel free to ask and we will do the bast we can to answer. Read, grow and have fun!!!! :peace:

20160213_153555.jpg
this is how it started then I realized I needed to switch it over to a larger pot
20160216_102449.jpg
this is its growth today. Now for the record I wasn't really setup to start growing it just happened one of the seeds I was given got crushed so I panicked and planted this one into the mason jar. Then rsearched a little and bought the led. I'm not really expecting a huge crop just kinda experimenting.

420Blackout,

Can't tell from the photo; How far from the plant is your light? Is the 600 watts the actual draw of the light or the diode strength x number of diodes? (i.e. 120x5 watt diodes).

I'm asking because I'm thinking your light could be a little closer, but again, just can't tell from the photo's.

Hi again 420,

If that draw is correct you might wish to consider lowering your light. Perhaps drop it 4- 6 inches or so at a time and see how the plants react. Not knowing more about your light I'm hesitant to speculate too wildly but I'm guessing 12-15 inches is probably optimal height? Little higher for your young ones though, as they're still a little tender.

Be well and happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom