New Canadian grower: ProMix HP and autoflowers

HutchBenedict

Hi folks, I'm a senior from Vancouver, BC just dipping my toes fingers into growing my own medicine.

So far I am growing in a closet without a tent. I have a 600W LED hanging about 18" above three plants, an Amnesia Haze that is 46 days old and two Lambs Breath, one is 32 days old and the other is 20. My fourth plant will be a White Widow that just broke ground today. The AH is from Vancouver Seed Bank and the others are from Crop King. I'm using the General Hydroponics Flora series (because I didn't know any better) and Sensi Cal Mag Xtra. Also a little fan. So far everything has been going pretty good.

I have been obsessively reading grow journals and articles here at 420 for the last week or so. What a friendly and helpful group of people here! So many interesting discussions about just this one thing - growing cannabis.

Am hoping to find other growers who grow autoflowers in ProMix HP. Properly watering and feeding autoflowers is a little confusing and adding the ProMix variable just doubles the confusion for me. So flying by the seat of my pants. Hoping to look back on this post in a few months with a big chuckle.

I don't grow many autos,and I don't use ProMix

But ....I do want to say Welcome to 420!:welcome:
Lots of info here for those who are looking to learn!
I can't help you now,but maybe later I can be of some assistance..

Welcome Hutch to 420 magazine I have grown the amnesia haze auto but in hydro . I used hp pro mix for the first time day before yesterday. @InTheShed kept me straight on how to use it . He’ll get that chuckle out of you . I don’t know if you have been through the helpful links for new members. At the bottom of my post.

heya vancouver,, cheers to yas,,

autos are not really any different to grow than any other cannabis plant,, they may have a nuance or two but watering is all the same and most cannabis strains have peculiarities, autos just have their own ,, tho i could not tell you what the difs might be.

enjoy friend,,

Makes sense @nivek, to some extent I can ignore the fact that they are autoflowers when I research watering.

I have read the excellent watering guide and am trying to follow it now after making several mistakes. I saw a discussion here somewhere that the feeding and watering of cannabis plants is a little different with ProMix as it is sort of hydro. I don't know...that's why I'm confused:(

ok, i see, ya, pro mix, near treated like hydro,, lower ph,, 5.8 range, i think,, and more watering,, couple times a day perhaps when young.

i read this stuff but have never done it so might be confusing facts. best karma sent friend

Hey @HutchBenedict your ppst is very well timed for me. Im also a Canadian, new to growing and I will also be growing autoflower strains in promix hp. I'm still waiting for the seeds to arrive so will be a few weeks behind you.
Going to go sub your journal so I can follow your grow.
StaySharp :)

Hi folks, I'm a senior from Vancouver, BC just dipping my toes fingers into growing my own medicine.

So far I am growing in a closet without a tent. I have a 600W LED hanging about 18" above three plants, an Amnesia Haze that is 46 days old and two Lambs Breath, one is 32 days old and the other is 20. My fourth plant will be a White Widow that just broke ground today. The AH is from Vancouver Seed Bank and the others are from Crop King. I'm using the General Hydroponics Flora series (because I didn't know any better) and Sensi Cal Mag Xtra. Also a little fan. So far everything has been going pretty good.

I have been obsessively reading grow journals and articles here at 420 for the last week or so. What a friendly and helpful group of people here! So many interesting discussions about just this one thing - growing cannabis.

Am hoping to find other growers who grow autoflowers in ProMix HP. Properly watering and feeding autoflowers is a little confusing and adding the ProMix variable just doubles the confusion for me. So flying by the seat of my pants. Hoping to look back on this post in a few months with a big chuckle.
Welcome bro!!!! This place is so great. Since you're also new to growing i should tell you about one of the best seeds banks around id's in Canada youre so lucky. Dr. Seeds. Their seeds are bonkers the genetics are crazy good bro. I've got the Cream and Lowryder. Next grow go with them!!!!! Idk hours they do it but a novice like me and my friends aregetting weight from them!!! Autos but still. Sorry f for the rant im really stoned right now lol but welcome and Happy Growing

I grow autos exclusively although @blewhiller @Old Salt are my go to guys. But everyone is willing to help. With my autos i water around theedges of the pot ( you want the roots to search out the water) until i roughly see about 20% runoff. I don't measure much im lazy. Only thing i measure is tea/tablespoon for nutrients and from a seedling until 3 weeks fron harvest i SMASH mine with nutrients ( just me though) dont worry too much about them theyre very hardy plants. Nature always wants to survive so they're very forgiving. Give therm plenty of light,love,nutes( but start with 25% doses to see how she reacts) water but they hate "wet feet" so please read @senseEmelia on that. Youll do great

Canadaaa. Welcome toooo :420:. images.png

Hey @HutchBenedict your ppst is very well timed for me. Im also a Canadian, new to growing and I will also be growing autoflower strains in promix hp. I'm still waiting for the seeds to arrive so will be a few weeks behind you.
Going to go sub your journal so I can follow your grow.
StaySharp :)
I'm new and from Canada also. We have great weather in BC for growing outside. I started my plants ( auto flower )10 days ago on my window seal with extra Light and fan. Thinking of planting outside with a pro-mix blend by the end of this month.... Good Luck to you ;)

Welcome to :420: Hutch. I personally grow in hydro using an undercurrent system soo I won’t be much help with the promix, but there’s plenty of growers that do. If you don’t have a grow journal up yet you should get one going, some links in my signature to help get you going if needed, welcome along and cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom