New Canadian Grower

Yes it has, not the government stuff though! This go around so far it's going well, I have 2 Durban Poison clones that I took from the moms on my first grow, those didn't fare well but these 2 are, and 2 Northern Lights auto's going, all of the seeds were from Crop King Seeds, every one I've dropped have popped so I'm satisfied with those so far.

Happy growing!

That’s great to hear. I hadn’t heard of Durban poison until a couple months back. The smoke was AMAZING. One of my all time favs. A friend of mine had a Durban poison clone that wasn’t faring so well in his grow environment . I recently finished my harvest, so I let him grow in my space. Haven’t seen the update but last I spoke to him, she was doing a bit better!

Hi @KingsChron,

Welcome!

I'm in Ontario as well, in the southwest, but I know Toronto really well from the past. Great city! You'll find a ton of Canadian growers on this site.

A couple of seed supplier suggestions - I try to use sponsors of this site as much as possible, as they help us all out.

Personally, I have ordered from @DrSeeds, which is based here in Canada, as well as @SeedsMan and @George from The Vault, which are based in Europe. They are all reputable companies, and I've been really happy with their products, prices, and services.

I have also ordered from non-sponsors, and been happy with: Cannaventure, CSI Humboldt (different from HSO), and Neptune Seeds. All of them are USA-based.

Finally, I haven't ordered from either of these guys, but both are based near Toronto: Xotic Seeds and GTA Seeds.

Hope that helps, and happy shopping!

Toronto is a beautiful place man. I just came to Athens for a visit. I used to think Toronto needed more cleaning, but after seeing another large city I am very thankful for Toronto! I live closer to Mississauga though. Lots of up and coming areas more west.

How do they sponsors work?

I have been talking to Tom from Seedsman. He’s a very easy going, knowledgeable guy. My favorite aspect of getting seeds from different places around the world is the fact that we can. I love the possibility of growing exotic strains that originated around the world plus the fact that they’re creating new generations to get more specific traits... it’s a wonderful thing man.

Thanks for all the knowledge man. I hope we can grow together at some point

We're on the wet coast now.

That's not a glowing report for Seedking. Hopefully I have a little better luck. The reason I went with them is because they had the strain I've been looking for for quite some time....could not find it anywhere else. Anway, we live and we learn. That's the hope at least.

Sorry, please don’t let that discourage you! That could have been an isolated event. What strain were you looking for?? Got any grows on the go currently?

Toronto is a beautiful place man. I just came to Athens for a visit. I used to think Toronto needed more cleaning, but after seeing another large city I am very thankful for Toronto! I live closer to Mississauga though. Lots of up and coming areas more west.

How do they sponsors work?

I have been talking to Tom from Seedsman. He’s a very easy going, knowledgeable guy. My favorite aspect of getting seeds from different places around the world is the fact that we can. I love the possibility of growing exotic strains that originated around the world plus the fact that they’re creating new generations to get more specific traits... it’s a wonderful thing man.

Thanks for all the knowledge man. I hope we can grow together at some point

Yes! Compared to lots of other huge cities, Toronto is really clean.

@SeedsMan is really good. Great selection, service, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean about "how sponsors work"? Companies like Seedsman, Dr. Seeds, The Vault, and lots of others like LED lighting manufacturers, etc., pay the 420 Magazine website to be able to advertise and market to all of us here. Occasionally, one of those vendors will offer free seeds or a "sponsored grow" where they will give away stuff to a number of growers, or run a contest or something similar. Just another way for them to get their names and products out in front of us. Personally, I am grateful for them doing so, as it pays for the benefit of all of us having this community to participate in.

Not sure if you have already found the sponsor forum on this site? Here's a link. If you check it out you will see news from different sellers about their latest products, discounts, and other events. For example, @George from The Vault has a couple of seed giveaways going on right now. @SmokeSara is the representative from Mars Hydro lighting, and she does a lot of contests here too.

I think that most of the time the sponsors here are pretty reliable and reputable, as they would get a lot of negative feedback and criticism from folks here if their quality or service wasn't up to standards. Does that help answer your question?

Look forward to seeing your grows in the future! If you take a look at my signature (and lots of other folks' signatures), you'll see a number of different grow journals, interesting articles, etc. If you get a grow going, you might want to think about starting a journal as well.

Have a great weekend.

Sorry, please don’t let that discourage you! That could have been an isolated event. What strain were you looking for?? Got any grows on the go currently?
MK Ultra. Kinda hard to find these days with all the new kids on the block...lol

Currently have 4 white widows on the go. You already saw 2 of them. The other 2 are 6 weeks behind them. I just flipped them yesterday so they'll be awhile.

Yes! Compared to lots of other huge cities, Toronto is really clean.

@SeedsMan is really good. Great selection, service, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean about "how sponsors work"? Companies like Seedsman, Dr. Seeds, The Vault, and lots of others like LED lighting manufacturers, etc., pay the 420 Magazine website to be able to advertise and market to all of us here. Occasionally, one of those vendors will offer free seeds or a "sponsored grow" where they will give away stuff to a number of growers, or run a contest or something similar. Just another way for them to get their names and products out in front of us. Personally, I am grateful for them doing so, as it pays for the benefit of all of us having this community to participate in.

Not sure if you have already found the sponsor forum on this site? Here's a link. If you check it out you will see news from different sellers about their latest products, discounts, and other events. For example, @George from The Vault has a couple of seed giveaways going on right now. @SmokeSara is the representative from Mars Hydro lighting, and she does a lot of contests here too.

I think that most of the time the sponsors here are pretty reliable and reputable, as they would get a lot of negative feedback and criticism from folks here if their quality or service wasn't up to standards. Does that help answer your question?

Look forward to seeing your grows in the future! If you take a look at my signature (and lots of other folks' signatures), you'll see a number of different grow journals, interesting articles, etc. If you get a grow going, you might want to think about starting a journal as well.

Have a great weekend.
Yeah man, that caught me off guard. I guess I like the areas just outside of big cities. Much calmer, and I’m not a fan of large amounts of people in small spaces.

Hell yeah, we gotta get a Seedsman here in Canada!

Sorry, about the confusion. I myself was confused. I was thinking they sponsor the growers for some reason. My mistake. The giveaways are pretty cool though. I’m surprised they allow that. I’ve been seeing many people get banned off IG for it. I was hoping to get a grow with some Canadian growers going. Get a nice group of growers to grow out a specific change. I’m about to start one with a good group of guys, and the excitement is great. I want to connect with as many growers as possible, and if I can get a hook up of seeds I’d really enjoy setting up another. Will just need to see if I can get a good amount of genuine interest.

Okay awesome! I’ll definitely take a look. I’m starting my next grow in a week or so. I originally had some loose seeds I bought, but I made a large purchase off Seedsman that has me really itching to pop. So I’m thinking I’ll run 2 from my original 4 I wanted, I’ll keep them in veg, most likely try to manifold them, then pop 2x more when they arrive!

Thanks again for reaching out, it’s hard being a new guy. So I appreciate it, enjoy your weekend

MK Ultra. Kinda hard to find these days with all the new kids on the block...lol

Currently have 4 white widows on the go. You already saw 2 of them. The other 2 are 6 weeks behind them. I just flipped them yesterday so they'll be awhile.

Yikes I’ve never heard of that! I’ll be doing some research on it today. Have you thought about making some femmed seeds from it? It sucks to lose strains to time man. Everyone likes to smoke the bud, but the seeds are important to!

Wanna link me the grow journal? I’d love to take a look

Welcome. True North, Cannapot, The Vault, Seedsman - all sponsors and all have good reputations.

The vault ? Is that a physical location?? Etobicoke is super close to me! Where abouts you at these days? Still growing?

@George from The Vault is a sponsor here, awesome seeds with awesome Genetics.

Im in Kingston Ontario now. I visit GTA sometimes for various reasons. Last time we went to the Aquarium ;)

Got pics of your setup?

I’ll take a gander!
Oh okay very nice! I used to go up there to party with my buddy when he was going to queens! Mostly got lit as hell, hit up a bar, then gamed lol. Great times....
Ripleys? It’s gorgeous. They did a great job!
This is from the past grow

Attachments

• 04F03722-08B2-4D1F-83B9-89D5EF111D2B.jpeg
    04F03722-08B2-4D1F-83B9-89D5EF111D2B.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 5C00F24F-F1C8-4F13-8170-C2FEAC149D14.jpeg
    5C00F24F-F1C8-4F13-8170-C2FEAC149D14.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 48
  • DB015F86-92D9-47F8-9A76-A1D02432D4D1.jpeg
    DB015F86-92D9-47F8-9A76-A1D02432D4D1.jpeg
    707.9 KB · Views: 56
  • 59502E1A-17F6-4643-BEEB-EF9FBC0FBDB7.jpeg
    59502E1A-17F6-4643-BEEB-EF9FBC0FBDB7.jpeg
    589.4 KB · Views: 55
  • B9515B62-5FEB-4DDB-BA46-49C064021E0C.jpeg
    B9515B62-5FEB-4DDB-BA46-49C064021E0C.jpeg
    806.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 9F0E7D59-D4CC-40A3-9A02-4835BAE5D8D9.jpeg
    9F0E7D59-D4CC-40A3-9A02-4835BAE5D8D9.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 4232D734-7AA1-4AF8-AF90-D00CFA6E4859.jpeg
    4232D734-7AA1-4AF8-AF90-D00CFA6E4859.jpeg
    343.1 KB · Views: 50
Yeah man, that caught me off guard. I guess I like the areas just outside of big cities. Much calmer, and I’m not a fan of large amounts of people in small spaces.

Hell yeah, we gotta get a Seedsman here in Canada!

Sorry, about the confusion. I myself was confused. I was thinking they sponsor the growers for some reason. My mistake. The giveaways are pretty cool though. I’m surprised they allow that. I’ve been seeing many people get banned off IG for it. I was hoping to get a grow with some Canadian growers going. Get a nice group of growers to grow out a specific change. I’m about to start one with a good group of guys, and the excitement is great. I want to connect with as many growers as possible, and if I can get a hook up of seeds I’d really enjoy setting up another. Will just need to see if I can get a good amount of genuine interest.

Okay awesome! I’ll definitely take a look. I’m starting my next grow in a week or so. I originally had some loose seeds I bought, but I made a large purchase off Seedsman that has me really itching to pop. So I’m thinking I’ll run 2 from my original 4 I wanted, I’ll keep them in veg, most likely try to manifold them, then pop 2x more when they arrive!

Thanks again for reaching out, it’s hard being a new guy. So I appreciate it, enjoy your weekend

All sounds great! Just keep posting here, and visit lots of folks' journals and other threads. Ask a lot of questions and you'll make friends here in no time. Here are a few other Canadians off the top of my head - I believe most/all of them have a journal or other postings that you might find interesting: @Dutchman1990 @Old Salt @SQl2kGuy @MrSauga @Homer Simpson @Kingjoe83 @JCTJ. I am sure there are others, but that's a good list for a start.

:welcome: to the forum...

My first seeds were Crown Royale from Crop King bought at a local head shop. They failed to germinate, and were replaced by Crop King without a problem.

The second set of seeds came from Seedsman. One strain didn't germinate. They gave me credit in the form of loyalty points I used in my next order. My current seed run was with strains bought from Seedsman. There were several post-germination problems. I learned that you can over-water coco while in the early stages of growth.

I started three seeds from Dr. Seeds a month ago. All of them germinated, and are just entering the vegetative stage. (See I did learn!)

Here's a few hints about this forum:

Active participation is rewarded here. Reaching 50 posts will allow personal messaging, as well as voting and entry in our contests. You can congratulate the winners in past contests, and urge on those entering this month. Welcoming new members is also an easy way to increase your post count.

You can save money on your growing needs. Many of our sponsors offer member discounts, which are listed in this thread. Our sponsor Mars Hydro often has exclusive contests here. They have given away least two of their newest grow lights in the past few months. This is the thread to watch for Mars Hydro events. Note that their new SP and TS series of lights have won HID (MH, HPS, and CMH) users over to the LED side of life. SmokeSara, their representative checks in most week days, and will be happy to help you with your lighting needs.

Browse through the journals. You're sure to find one with the same growing medium and nutrients you use. Start your own grow journal here and post at least weekly. That journal helps us to give better advice should you run into problems. It may take a while, but you'll have folks subbed in soon enough. Finally, if you don't know or are unsure about something, ask! Folks here are very friendly, and love to help you succeed!

I have grown a lot of bud that is now sitting in my freezer that I know I will never use because it is sub-par so I learned about the importance of good genetics the hard way. Also, it took me a few grows to realize I like the heavy sedation of Indicas for sleep much more than the uplifting of sativas.

I also learned mostly from @Pennywise that most seed companies pump out ok quality seeds just for profit that the general public seems satisfied with but there is a smaller subset of true breeding aficionados who are in it for the love of creating something truly superior.

These connoisseur type are the seeds I plan on trying to obtain next. The next ones I will be trying to get are Ortega from Mr Nice Seeds which is a combination of NL#5 x NL#1 and Bubba Kush Pre 98 from Katsu Bluebird both recommended by Pennywise.

And I am planning to start making fem seeds in the next few weeks so I am not dependent on buying and can pheno hunt.

Hey welcome to the Canada! I’m also from forum!

:420: For the win!

You’ve got some great, great help here helping you. So I will just hang back and enjoy all the pretty pictures! :thumb:

I may jump in, here or there. :passitleft:

Yes you read that first part right. I typed it out that way and, well I’m not deleting it lol.

I’m in Alberta, and crop kings have been a very easy readily available seed company to outsource. They are not a sponsor, unfortunately, but in the city I live in, I know a pawn shop that sells every strain the have on the market. Like I said, it’s been readily available for me.

Anyways, talk to ya later man! :ciao:

Someone say seedsman. I love me some seedsman. No pun intended lol

I screwed up this summer with autos but hey what I got maid me order more lol.

Yikes I’ve never heard of that! I’ll be doing some research on it today. Have you thought about making some femmed seeds from it? It sucks to lose strains to time man. Everyone likes to smoke the bud, but the seeds are important to!

Wanna link me the grow journal? I’d love to take a look

Back
Top Bottom