New Canadian Grower

Hey Everyone,
My name is Lee. I’m a grower from Toronto ,Ontario, Canada. Where are my fellow Canadian growers at?! I have found it hard to find good seeds, from reputable places with easy to deal with support teams. I’ve contacted multiple, (my previous grow was from a local bong shop). So far my favorite brand is Seedsman. They have a huge selection, the freebies they offer on orders is amazing, and the reps I’ve spoken to have made it easy to discuss, and figure out what strains are good for me. Do you guys have any suggestions? Have you ever bought from or heard of Seedsman?
KC
I grew Crop King Auto Fem White Widow and Revolver. Started them indoors and moved them outside for the Summer. They grew okay but never filled out. I had air buds at best. The White Widow from Crop King grew really strange and had weird buds...like little cauliflowers LOL. I just harvested two Revolver plants that look better but still not full like they should be. Indoors for me next....too much weather watching in Calgary

I grew Crop King Auto Fem White Widow and Revolver. Started them indoors and moved them outside for the Summer. They grew okay but never filled out. I had air buds at best. The White Widow from Crop King grew really strange and had weird buds...like little cauliflowers LOL. I just harvested two Revolver plants that look better but still not full like they should be. Indoors for me next....too much weather watching in Calgary

:welcome: to the forum!

@Lowded118 @Lungren

We’ve got another calgarian! :ciao:

@BB48 yeah we’ve had a crazy weird summer this year. I’m a lil farther north then you are, and that white stuff has been flying periodically through out the entire day.

Welcome @KingsChron to :420: Please enjoy groiwng with us! We didn't grow with Seedsman, but from many of our growers' feedback, they seems great seeds company, they are very popular and hot amoung growers. :circle-of-love:

Hey Everyone,
My name is Lee. I’m a grower from Toronto ,Ontario, Canada. Where are my fellow Canadian growers at?! I have found it hard to find good seeds, from reputable places with easy to deal with support teams. I’ve contacted multiple, (my previous grow was from a local bong shop). So far my favorite brand is Seedsman. They have a huge selection, the freebies they offer on orders is amazing, and the reps I’ve spoken to have made it easy to discuss, and figure out what strains are good for me. Do you guys have any suggestions? Have you ever bought from or heard of Seedsman?
KC
I just got an order from i49 in (outta BC) bought 100 moby dick seeds for fall grow here in Nova Scotia. $400 plus tax for 100, plus they sent 8 bonus seeds, blue dream and Jackie’s girl (that’s a rare strain) No issues yet, we started 20 seeds and 20/20 have sprouted. Good seeds, good service. Anyway, cheers from the province with more cannabis consumption per capita than all other provinces in Canada...(true fact, stats Canada threw that out there for all to see)

I just got an order from i49 in (outta BC) bought 100 moby dick seeds for fall grow here in Nova Scotia. $400 plus tax for 100, plus they sent 8 bonus seeds, blue dream and Jackie’s girl (that’s a rare strain) No issues yet, we started 20 seeds and 20/20 have sprouted. Good seeds, good service. Anyway, cheers from the province with more cannabis consumption per capita than all other provinces in Canada...(true fact, stats Canada threw that out there for all to see)
100 seeds? That’s awesome. Femmed or autos?? The free beans are nice, do they have deals? That’s what I was liking about Seedsman, the deals are crazy. I looked at some other sites, but the promos didn’t compare. My local shop doesn’t have any sort of deals, or membership points system. I mean given I’m only growing 4 plants MAX at a time, I don’t have the ability to do perpetual grows but I still would like some kind of loyalty plan. Not to mention good beans that will pop, plus if they don’t a service team that will get back to me. I felt like experimenting, so I bought a bunch of CBD strains that I hope to use for my mom. Possibly make some tinctures, cause there’s no chance she’ll ever smoke. Let me know how the moby turns out! Once I start growing these seeds, I’ll create a grow journal for you to follow-if you choose to :)

Thank you @The Bard and @Old Salt for recommending Mars Hydro. We will not let you down. Keeping up developing and moving forward! :hippy: :hippy: :hippy:

Hello,
Thank you for posting! I’m not sure how to DM or if I’m able to at this point in time, but I’m trying to help a acquaintance of mine set up a grow box/tent. Perhaps you could help me? He tried his own set up, but his plant was looking like the first photo I attached. I was going away on vacay, so I let him use my box and now his plant is looking like the second picture I’ve attached. Since seeing the significant difference in a good growing environment vs a not so ideal one, he now wants to set up his own ideal grow space. He is looking for something that he can fit in an apartment that will 4 plants with good room to grow! If you could either message me, or post some options I can let him know! Thank you

Attachments

• 2F7867BD-362A-4E09-8CDB-3B32A75D0FF3.jpeg
    2F7867BD-362A-4E09-8CDB-3B32A75D0FF3.jpeg
    277.4 KB · Views: 63
  • FAE0BF28-8419-4F07-9BB3-EB10C19D5496.jpeg
    FAE0BF28-8419-4F07-9BB3-EB10C19D5496.jpeg
    479.6 KB · Views: 60
Welcome @KingsChron to :420: Please enjoy groiwng with us! We didn't grow with Seedsman, but from many of our growers' feedback, they seems great seeds company, they are very popular and hot amoung growers. :circle-of-love:

Perhaps in the upcoming months, if you so please I could arrange for us to have a big grow? Seedsman has provided a large group of growers the Peyote Gorilla strain that will be starting soon! But perhaps after that we could grow something out on this forum?

All sounds great! Just keep posting here, and visit lots of folks' journals and other threads. Ask a lot of questions and you'll make friends here in no time. Here are a few other Canadians off the top of my head - I believe most/all of them have a journal or other postings that you might find interesting: @Dutchman1990 @Old Salt @SQl2kGuy @MrSauga @Homer Simpson @Kingjoe83 @JCTJ. I am sure there are others, but that's a good list for a start.
Thank you! I will start checking them out! Is anybody from the GTA!? If so hit a brother up

I have grown a lot of bud that is now sitting in my freezer that I know I will never use because it is sub-par so I learned about the importance of good genetics the hard way. Also, it took me a few grows to realize I like the heavy sedation of Indicas for sleep much more than the uplifting of sativas.

I also learned mostly from @Pennywise that most seed companies pump out ok quality seeds just for profit that the general public seems satisfied with but there is a smaller subset of true breeding aficionados who are in it for the love of creating something truly superior.

These connoisseur type are the seeds I plan on trying to obtain next. The next ones I will be trying to get are Ortega from Mr Nice Seeds which is a combination of NL#5 x NL#1 and Bubba Kush Pre 98 from Katsu Bluebird both recommended by Pennywise.

And I am planning to start making fem seeds in the next few weeks so I am not dependent on buying and can pheno hunt.

Don’t let it go to waste! Why not make some edibles, or tinctures? I have been experimenting more and more with them, so I could lend you a hand!
Have you ever grown the OG (not ocean grown I’m thinking original gangster) strains such as Maui Waui, Grand daddy purp, or Acapulco Gold? I have heard about those since a teenager, but never got a legit strain, nor tried to grow them out. Would they even compare to the new strains today? I’ve also had my eye on the Gelat.OG so I ordered that....
How do you plan on femming the seeds?? Colloidal silver or rotilization( not sure of the spelling sorry).

Hey welcome to the Canada! I’m also from forum!

:420: For the win!

You’ve got some great, great help here helping you. So I will just hang back and enjoy all the pretty pictures! :thumb:

I may jump in, here or there. :passitleft:

Yes you read that first part right. I typed it out that way and, well I’m not deleting it lol.

I’m in Alberta, and crop kings have been a very easy readily available seed company to outsource. They are not a sponsor, unfortunately, but in the city I live in, I know a pawn shop that sells every strain the have on the market. Like I said, it’s been readily available for me.

Anyways, talk to ya later man! :ciao:

Thanks for popping in! I’m headed to Edmonton for a conference coming up! I’m coming up late October... wonder how the weather will be!
Hope to see more of you :)
Im new so I will have loads of questions for many to answer! If you know anyone from the Toronto or GTA send them my way! Need some local growing pals

Someone say seedsman. I love me some seedsman. No pun intended lol

I screwed up this summer with autos but hey what I got maid me order more lol.

KingJoe, I’m KingChrom! Where is your kingdom? I am form Toronto! It’s funyn your pics are what I’ve ordered! I didn’t get in touch with many locals, I originally spoke to many growers from the UK who put me onto Seedsman! I cannot tell you how long I spent going through their website, adding strains to the cart, maximizing freebies. I kept adding and adding. I finally deleted some randomly and ordered.. I need some purple in my
Life man.

Hello,
Thank you for posting! I’m not sure how to DM or if I’m able to at this point in time, but I’m trying to help a acquaintance of mine set up a grow box/tent. Perhaps you could help me? He tried his own set up, but his plant was looking like the first photo I attached. I was going away on vacay, so I let him use my box and now his plant is looking like the second picture I’ve attached. Since seeing the significant difference in a good growing environment vs a not so ideal one, he now wants to set up his own ideal grow space. He is looking for something that he can fit in an apartment that will 4 plants with good room to grow! If you could either message me, or post some options I can let him know! Thank you

You'll need 50 posts to PM.

I'll recommend a 2' X 4' grow tent at least six feet tall. I prefer the 7'-8' tall tents, set up as tall as the room will allow.
Use a Mars Hydro TSL-2000 or SP-250 for lights. I use the TSL-2000.
A good quality in-line duct fan (Atmosphere Vortex 6") and carbon filter is needed. Don't forget a speed controller.

All this will run about $900 CAD at Grow Lights Canada, a retailer for our sponsor Mars Hydro. They do package deals, so be sure to ask them about it. Their current list of packages does not include this setup. This is not the lowest cost setup, but I'm sure he'll appreciate a quieter fan, better tent, and better grow light than the cheap stuff. I went the cheap route when I started, and had to upgrade all of these components. What a waste of money!

This setup will let him harvest 8oz / 225gm or more from each grow. Expect the first grow to have a lower harvest while he learns to use the equipment to its best advantage.

You'll need 50 posts to PM.

I'll recommend a 2' X 4' grow tent at least six feet tall. I prefer the 7'-8' tall tents, set up as tall as the room will allow.
Use a Mars Hydro TSL-2000 or SP-250 for lights. I use the TSL-2000.
A good quality in-line duct fan (Atmosphere Vortex 6") and carbon filter is needed. Don't forget a speed controller.

All this will run about $900 CAD at Grow Lights Canada, a retailer for our sponsor Mars Hydro. They do package deals, so be sure to ask them about it. Their current list of packages does not include this setup. This is not the lowest cost setup, but I'm sure he'll appreciate a quieter fan, better tent, and better grow light than the cheap stuff. I went the cheap route when I started, and had to upgrade all of these components. What a waste of money!

This setup will let him harvest 8oz / 225gm or more from each grow. Expect the first grow to have a lower harvest while he learns to use the equipment to its best advantage.
Thank you for composing that, do you mind if I copy and send to it him as is?
I’ve tried guiding him before but he didn’t listen. I would suggest getting better quality things as well. No point in upgrading and spending more in the future.
Quick question: have you ran hydro? I could buy a pH controller, it’s expensive at about 600 CAD. There’s also T5 light add one for about 100$ for my box. Not sure if people think it’s worth it or not.

Thank you for composing that, do you mind if I copy and send to it him as is?
I’ve tried guiding him before but he didn’t listen. I would suggest getting better quality things as well. No point in upgrading and spending more in the future.
Quick question: have you ran hydro? I could buy a pH controller, it’s expensive at about 600 CAD. There’s also T5 light add one for about 100$ for my box. Not sure if people think it’s worth it or not.

Go ahead and send it to him. He may be able to shave $200 - $250 off of this list by going the cheap route.

I grow drain-to-waste in coco/perlite, and am switching to Mega Crop from the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and Supplements. Due to my setup I only need to mix nutrients every four to seven days. I only need to check the pH when I mix the batch as the plant and substrate are not in contact with the entire batch, so I've not had a use for a pH controller.

Go ahead and send it to him. He may be able to shave $200 - $250 off of this list by going the cheap route.

I grow drain-to-waste in coco/perlite, and am switching to Mega Crop from the General Hydroponics' Flora Trio and Supplements. Due to my setup I only need to mix nutrients every four to seven days. I only need to check the pH when I mix the batch as the plant and substrate are not in contact with the entire batch, so I've not had a use for a pH controller.
Thank you!
Interesting, hydro, coco, soil? My hydro set up correctly has me checking the pH everyday, and adjusting as needed. Some days have it all whacko and I end up adding pH adjusting which eats up a bunch of time

Yes, it is a form of hydroponics. I have a DIY automatic watering system that comes on up to three times per day. The coco/perlite lets the excess nutrient solution drain away, while holding enough to sustain the plant. It also provides lots of air space so the roots have access to oxygen. I only need to open the tent once or twice a week to check the plants, and remove the excess solution.

:420::420:
KingJoe, I’m KingChrom! Where is your kingdom? I am form Toronto! It’s funyn your pics are what I’ve ordered! I didn’t get in touch with many locals, I originally spoke to many growers from the UK who put me onto Seedsman! I cannot tell you how long I spent going through their website, adding strains to the cart, maximizing freebies. I kept adding and adding. I finally deleted some randomly and ordered.. I need some purple in my
Life man.

I couldn't agree bro purple is everything nice. I got another seedsman order en route this is what I got coming.
View media item 1713993

I was also gifted these beans plus more from a another wicked grower here.
View media item 1713992

I am about 3 hrs north of Toronto. So welcome to the magazine. I gave been here for about 3 years learning at my pace. I am starting a new journey myself soon this winter. I will be dropping beans in coco soon. Led indoor fo sho.

Hit me up anytime always here to help and support my Canadians.

Much love buddy.

Back
Top Bottom